> Serie A - Week 20 - Milan - Cagliari, Date: 29/01/12 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Jan 28 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Back to the Serie A and a must win for us in this one seeing as Juve play Udine and we have a mother of a fixture list coming our way, Lazio, Napoli, Udine and Juve... Ouch, and with all the injuries we have...

Anyways, hoping to see this line-up

Abate--Nesta--Thiago--Mesbah
Seedorf--VB--Nocerino
Robinho
El Shaa--Ibra
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 28 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Attacking lineup there han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .I prefer emmanuelson instead of Seedorf.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 28 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Emanuelson? No, I really think he's better suited as a fullback.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 28 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

I disagree,he works best as a midfielder,where he doesn't have the biggest defensive responsibilites.He can operate very well as a wide midfielder,his passing skills are really good and his vision is not bad(as seen in the assist for Ibra).He's similar to Nocerino.He might not sheild the ball in the best manner though,and not enough physical stength(that can be said about Seedorf too,but he's a master at shielding the ball).You said it yourself that he did well at fullback when Inter were gone all defense.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 28 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

I know. To be honest, I don't like the guy. As I said earlier, he's the type of player small clubs adore - he can fill out almost every position from defender to attacker, yet he isn't actually good in any role. He's mediocre at best, and that's why I'd prefer Seedorf over him at any day and any age.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 28 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

I'm just bit afraid about the physical aspect of the game,but if we play with the great heart and determination that we played against Lazio,then this formation will be more than OK.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 28 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 28 2012, 02:04 PM) *
Attacking lineup there han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .I prefer emmanuelson instead of Seedorf.

I don't see that as an attacking lineup, we're still utilising the 2 defensive mids, and Robinho will form part of the 4-man midfield as well. It's a well balanced line-up imo

As fur Urby, Like Filippo, I prefer him as FB, although he does well on the turn when he's in the midfield, still I feel that we need that creative touch in midfield, some vision to link up the plays, keep the ball moving, etc. Seedorf will do that for us

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 28 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Emanuelson? No, I really think he's better suited as a fullback.

Agreed

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 28 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

The problem with Emanuelson is that he tends to fall out of formation, drifting to the sides and making a big whole in our midfield. Add Bonera as CB to that and we have a Swiss-cheese problem.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 28 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 28 2012, 04:02 PM) *
I don't see that as an attacking lineup, we're still utilising the 2 defensive mids, and Robinho will form part of the 4-man midfield as well. It's a well balanced line-up imo

As fur Urby, Like Filippo, I prefer him as FB, although he does well on the turn when he's in the midfield, still I feel that we need that creative touch in midfield, some vision to link up the plays, keep the ball moving, etc. Seedorf will do that for us

Agreed

Nocerino can't be considered a defensive midfield.He's more of a box to box midfielder.And,we utilize a system on the wide side,where our wide midfielders cover our fullbacks,a job which Seedorf isn't that bad at at,when he is motivated(hopefully).Van Bommel is the only one covering our center backs.So,we are really playing with one Defensive midfield,and that should do if everyone does his job.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Jan 28 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 28 2012, 04:31 PM) *
Nocerino can't be considered a defensive midfield.He's more of a box to box midfielder.And,we utilize a system on the wide side,where our wide midfielders cover our fullbacks,a job which Seedorf isn't that bad at at,when he is motivated(hopefully).Van Bommel is the only one covering our center backs.So,we are really playing with one Defensive midfield,and that should do if everyone does his job.

Exactly!

Emanuelson does more defending than Nocerino. I would like Urby starting at RCM, so that Seedorf can play on his good side: LCM.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Jan 28 2012, 03:37 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 28 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 28 2012, 03:31 PM) *

Nocerino is a defensive midfielder, yes he makes late runs into the box, but he covers spaces in our midfield and that is his main job, more than running into the box.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 28 2012, 03:36 PM) *
Exactly!

Emanuelson does more defending than Nocerino. I would like Urby starting at RCM, so that Seedorf can play on his good side: LCM.

You want to drop Nocerino? For Urby??

Oh my...

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 28 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

Nocerino has been playing non stop for sometime now,though I wouldn't take such a risk for such an important game.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 28 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

Coppa was the chance to do so; I wouldn't risk it now.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 28 2012, 06:38 PM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

I wouldn't play Seedorf just in order to keep him for tougher games. After this game, our next 4 games are against top teams and it's every 3 days: Lazio midweek, then Napoli, Juve in the coppa (Nocerino is suspended there) and Udinese. We can beat Cagliari without him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 28 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 28 2012, 06:38 PM) *
I wouldn't play Seedorf just in order to keep him for tougher games. After this game, our next 4 games are against top teams and it's every 3 days: Lazio midweek, then Napoli, Juve in the coppa (Nocerino is suspended there) and Udinese. We can beat Cagliari without him.

We'll see what happens, yes we should be able to cope without him since Robinho will be behind the strikers. I didn't know Lazio was during the middle of the week though

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:52 AM