> Buffon not joining Chelsea – agent, Friday 20 October, 2006

dst
post Oct 20 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffon not joining Chelsea – agent

Friday 20 October, 2006

Gianluigi Buffon’s representative has insisted that the Juventus No 1 will not be joining Chelsea after Christmas.

The Bianconeri star was linked with a £25m move to London this morning, following a serious injury to Petr Cech, but the Italian’s agent can’t see the switch happening.

“We would obviously be honoured if a club like Chelsea made an offer for Buffon, but I can tell you that he will not leave Turin in January,” Silvano Martina noted.

“Gianluigi is very happy at Juventus. After all, he had many offers from Italy and abroad during the summer but turned them down,” he added after Buffon accepted to play in Serie B.

“He chose to stay in Turin because he wanted to repay the club for helping him become famous and being one of the best players in the world.”

Martina also dismissed suggestions that Chelsea had been in touch with him, while wishing the Czech Republic international all the best for a speedy recovery.

“We are saddened with what happened to Cech, but it's normal that a great club like Chelsea would be interested in one of the top goalkeepers in the world,” added Martina.

“And if Chelsea were to make an offer then it would be very difficult for any club to reject it.

“We will have to see what happens at the end of the season and we hope that Chelsea will not need Buffon because it would mean that Cech has made a quick recovery.”

The World Cup winner, who moved to Turin from Parma in 2001 for a massive £33m, is also a reported target for Manchester United, Inter and Milan.

Football Italia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 20 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

“I can tell you that he will not leave Turin in January”

“We will have to see what happens at the end of the season”

... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 20 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

“Gianluigi is very happy at Juventus. After all, he had many offers from Italy and abroad during the summer but turned them down,” he added after Buffon accepted to play in Serie B.

Did Milan try to get his this summer ?! Or was I mistaken (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 20 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

That's what an agent would say ... but there was nothing official like a statment about us wanting him or anything !!

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Oct 20 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #5

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

Chelsea don't need him, what's the point of having Cech and Buffon in your squad? Wow your player is injured (wish him all the best by the way - terrible injury) but it doesn't mean you have to go out and get someone like that does it? Ah it's just like a greedy fat kid this football team.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 21 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Oct 20 2006, 05:43 PM)
Chelsea don't need him, what's the point of having Cech and Buffon in your squad? Wow your player is injured (wish him all the best by the way - terrible injury) but it doesn't mean you have to go out and get someone like that does it? Ah it's just like a greedy fat kid this football team.

Yeah, and you know what happens to the fat kid after he eats all the donuts on the plate right?

I'm just patiently waiting for Chelsea's self distruction, and believe me, once that happens, I'm pretty sure that it will be as much satisfying as I'm imagining it will be

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:30 AM