> Summer Transfers 2017

han2503
post May 3 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #121

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Looks like we've agreed personal terms with Kessie, I also ready that Fassone was in meetings with Atalanta today to make a formal offer (matching the one they had already agreed upon with Roma)

Musacchio also seems to be wrapped up according to Di Marzio. Mirabelli was in Spain yesterday to watch the semi and he held talks with Villareal while there. He was mainly watching Kovacic and Moratta during the CL game

I personally like all the names being mentioned, Kovacic, Cesc and Kessie could really be a strong midfield trio if we can pull it off

Musacchio is also part of the best defence in La Liga, so one would think that he's having a really good season. So getting him for just 18m in today's market would be a complete bargain. Hopefully this doesn't completely rule out De Vrij either (Di Marzio said that it did) I think we need all 3, we simply cannot rely on Paletta and Zapata if either of Musacchio or Romagnoli are unavailable

Also, if we're talking to Atalanta, Mirabelli should really put in a cheeky offer for Conti, especially if DS is on his way out
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 4 2017, 07:40 AM
Post #122

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

What's the latest on Donna? I gotta say, having Mino Raiola as an agent is a big fat downside that will eventually blow in our face one way or the other.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 4 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #123

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think it will get done. Renewing Gigio is a top priority for Milan, I think we're wrapping up the other transfers - and it would make a far more compelling argument for Gigio.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 6 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #124

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 4 2017, 07:40 AM) *
What's the latest on Donna? I gotta say, having Mino Raiola as an agent is a big fat downside that will eventually blow in our face one way or the other.

People paint Mino out to be the bad guy, and sure, he's probably the money grabbing a**hole people say he is, but at the end of the day Donna has the power here, not him. If Donna wants to stay Mino will get the best deal he can from Milan for him, if Donna wants to leave, Mino will see to it that he takes him to the best club that he can

So we can blame Raiola all we want, but at the end of the day if Donna ends up not renewing it was all down to him and no one else

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 6 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #125

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Donna's decision alright, wouldn't blame him though if he chooses CL football and the chance to play for Madrid or the likes. Its a no brainer really.

If we get him EL next season and Chelsea comes with Conti knocking or Juve give him Buffon's place. Do you honestly think Donna should be seen as the bad guy? Sheva broke my heart, and Donna is not Sheva.

And this is not Berlosconi's Milan. We have yet to see what this management can do to secure players like Donna.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 6 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #126

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 6 2017, 07:38 PM) *
Donna's decision alright, wouldn't blame him though if he chooses CL football and the chance to play for Madrid or the likes. Its a no brainer really.

If we get him EL next season and Chelsea comes with Conti knocking or Juve give him Buffon's place. Do you honestly think Donna should be seen as the bad guy? Sheva broke my heart, and Donna is not Sheva.

And this is not Berlosconi's Milan. We have yet to see what this management can do to secure players like Donna.

I personally think he's too young right now to even be thinking about leaving, let alone to go to Madrid. He's a keeper, he's still got 20 years left in him if he can manage to have a long career. Leaving prematurely when he hasn't really done anything would be a mistake for him career wise, and I hope (and think) that there is someone who has his best interests at heart who will tell him this, I think his family will be the voice of reason against any temptation.

And if at 25 he has reached the potential that he's promising now and he still hasn't achieved anything with Milan then I wouldn't begrudge him trying to find success elsewhere, but for now, I firmly believe that a move would stunt his growth (at least for the time being). If Donna is wise, he should be looking to secure his place at Milan, no matter the contract being offered

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 7 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #127

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Han that is your sentiments playing hard to get (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 9 2017, 01:08 PM
Post #128

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

We'll see R7 but I have a good feeling about the Donna renewal

On a side note, I read that Mirabelli said (can't remember where atm) that all the loanees will go back to their clubs after this season (I don't know if this is an actual quote or the media just jumping to their usual conclusions. But if true, this would be great imo. None of the loaned players are all that good let's face it, the only guy I'd consider would be Deu, but recent performances have made me re-think this, add to that, his situation is complicated and we shouldn't spend want Barca would want for him if they're trying to make some quick cash

Also some rumours (thanks to @theMilanBible, @MilanFans on twitter)

Milan have agreed personal terms with Ricardo Rodriguez. Further contacts between Milan and Wolfsburg will take place in the coming days to sign Rodriguez (he has a €22.5m release clause) according to Di Marzio

Fassone and Mirabelli were also seen with Keita Balde's agent - MilanNews

Contract renewal talks were held with Suso's agent/father yesterday, they were positive another meeting should be scheduled next week where the new management are expecting an agreement to be reached - MilanNews

Positive meeting today for the renewal of Suso. Milan will have a new meeting next week to try and close the deal. [Gazzetta]

Bacca will leave in the summer. He is not happy on the bench. He is liked by Premier League clubs, with Arsenal interested. [@NicoSchira]

Milan have confirmed they want to participate in the China tour in the summer from July 14 to July 24. Should Milan get 6th place (thus playing a qualifying round) they will only play two games instead of the scheduled three games. [Gazzetta]

Honestly, everything atm seems very positive.

If all the loanees will be sent back and Bacca/Kucka/Paletta/Vangioni/De Sciglio/Zapata are all sold we'll need to sign a decent amount of new players, all the names are very positive atm. Ricardo Rodriguez would be amazing, Musacchio is pomising and a bargain at the price being quoted. Kessie could also be a done deal and I'm interested to see if we could get Keita as well

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 9 2017, 02:33 PM
Post #129

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Didn't the Kessie thing fall through with Man Utd and Chelsea now wanting him?

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 9 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #130

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ May 9 2017, 02:33 PM) *
Didn't the Kessie thing fall through with Man Utd and Chelsea now wanting him?

Nah, most outlets are pretty confident that he's a done deal for us. Same thing with Musacchio. They're also now becoming pretty adamant on Ricardo Rodrigues as well, saying that we've agreed terms with him and will meet Wolfsburg later this week

Anyway, I'm just happy that Fassone and Mirabelli are so active, and even if we don't get all of these players that they're meeting with, it's still good that they're networking with so many agents.

And it really is a breath of fresh air to see them conducting business in their offices rather than over dinner at Giannino's

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 9 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #131

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 9 2017, 07:03 PM) *
Nah, most outlets are pretty confident that he's a done deal for us. Same thing with Musacchio. They're also now becoming pretty adamant on Ricardo Rodrigues as well, saying that we've agreed terms with him and will meet Wolfsburg later this week

Anyway, I'm just happy that Fassone and Mirabelli are so active, and even if we don't get all of these players that they're meeting with, it's still good that they're networking with so many agents.

And it really is a breath of fresh air to see them conducting business in their offices rather than over dinner at Giannino's

Done deal? Haven't read anything about that. All I know is that both us and Roma are interested.

I'm guessing Rodriguez will be replacing De Sciglio. How good is he anyway?

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 10 2017, 02:15 AM
Post #132

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 9 2017, 09:11 PM) *
Done deal? Haven't read anything about that. All I know is that both us and Roma are interested.

He's the kind of signing we need to make to get to where we want to be. He's a 24 year old Wolfsburg LB with nearly 50 caps for Switzerland and this is truly the sort of move to get the kind of quality we expect from our Milan.

It's absolutely a step in the right direction if we pull it off. First step of many but a very good one.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 10 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #133

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 9 2017, 09:11 PM) *

Sky/Di Marzio, Gazetta/Pedulla and Fabrizio Romano are all pretty certain that it is done, this is because we have the player's go ahead and have matched Roma's offer of 28m + bonuses

In fact, the last reporting on this has been that Roma met with Atalanta again after Mirabelli/Fassone met with them (they reportedly accepted out offer). Roma wanted Atalanta to honour their agreement since they accepted their offer first, however it all comes down to the player's wishes in the end. Kessie's agent wasn't even present at Roma's last meeting with Atalanta according to reports, while he was there when Milan were holding talks with Atalanta.

As for Rodriguez, I think he's a great LB, not that quick but defensively solid and has an amazing left foot (scores free-kicks and is a regular penalty taker for Wolfsburg, not to mention that he's a great crosser, something we haven't had since the days of Cafu/Serginho)

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 11 2017, 05:16 AM
Post #134

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Overall what I see is promising. However, I have a bad feeling about Donna. If he gets a crazy offer from a top club (high salary + CL) why would he not want to go for that? I understand the bit about needing more time to mature, but I am not sure I would turn down a real good offer on the hope that maybe I will get a better one a few years from now.

Don't think it really matters for us, but I believe Raiola is being investigated for the Pogba deal, so he may not be all that inclined to come up with other "creative" deals.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 12 2017, 01:50 AM
Post #135

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Montella at risk. Not surprising given recent results. What worries me is that the name mentioned as a likely replacement is Mancini. I really believe he is over-rated, so not too happy with this.

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:02 PM