Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Galliani hands-on to cure Milan

Ry4n
post Mar 2 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

Great post whoarethepatriots I agree totally !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Mar 2 2009, 02:57 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Mar 2 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #17

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 11:32 AM) *
Maybe we should hire a brazilian doctor as well? Just to avoid the doctor excuse?

How about Socrates? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 2 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

-delete please

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Mar 2 2009, 07:10 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 2 2009, 07:19 AM
Post #19

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 1 2009, 05:15 PM) *
Note my sarcasm. We are an Italian Serie A team, not the Brazilian national team. Saying we accomplish nothing with non Brazilians is spitting in the face of everyone at the club and the glory they have bought us.

Would Kaka be as effective as he is without Gattuso Ambrosini and Seedorf to cover him and track back. Would Pato score goals like he does without service? Who assisted his first goal at the club and his most recent? A non Brazilian, an Italian actually by the name of Guiseppe Favalli.

By the Brazilian rationale, should Emerson and Dida be made instant first teamers because of their heritage? Being Brazilian does not automatically make you a superior player

Well i'm sorry but it seems thats what its like when we dont have brazillians on. Besides for the list of players you noted, I can list a non italian that is much better then them. Why does it matter if the player is italian or not. As long as he is good and can help the team win then who cares if hes chinese or from antarctica. Milan are a top club so we should not settle for anything less than the world's elite! I dont get why europeans are so keen on keeping football to their own country. I mean i'm from canada and this sort of talk would never be accepted and would be labeled as labor discrimination.

I never said brazillians are better but we play like sh*t when they are not playing. This team is so dependent on Kaka that as soon as he gets injured our quality as a team just nose dives.

I"m stating what is reality patriots. This team without its' brazillians plays like a mid table serie A team.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Mar 2 2009, 07:19 AM

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Mar 2 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 1 2009, 06:15 PM) *
So the following players are useless then

(IMG:http://www.footballitaliano.co.uk/images/articles/pirlo.jpg)

Pirlo is overrated anyway. I mean who benefits from his range of passing. Emerson's square and backwards passing is all we need

(IMG:http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00000/gattuso_892a.jpg)

I suppose we dont really need Gattuso. As long as we can score more than them then what is the need for defensive mid fielders. Who needs balance anyway?

(IMG:http://i.media.goal.com/g/19828_news.jpg)

Ambrosini, now where do i begin. I mean what decisive goals has he ever scored?

(IMG:http://images.quickblogcast.com/92912-88346/maldini2.jpg)

Maldini, he is a good looking lad no doubt, but i mean what is the point of having a player who dosent score goals or create them. Its not like we need someone to prevent goals being scored

(IMG:http://funwebtest.epfl.ch/site0607/Emma%20Betti/images/Nesta3.jpg)

Nesta? It dosent ring a bell. What position does he play?

Note my sarcasm. We are an Italian Serie A team, not the Brazilian national team. Saying we accomplish nothing with non Brazilians is spitting in the face of everyone at the club and the glory they have bought us.

Would Kaka be as effective as he is without Gattuso Ambrosini and Seedorf to cover him and track back. Would Pato score goals like he does without service? Who assisted his first goal at the club and his most recent? A non Brazilian, an Italian actually by the name of Guiseppe Favalli.

By the Brazilian rationale, should Emerson and Dida be made instant first teamers because of their heritage? Being Brazilian does not automatically make you a superior player

marry me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Mar 2 2009, 07:23 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 2 2009, 07:30 AM
Post #21

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 2 2009, 12:22 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) damn french canadians, always gotta ruin the day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Mar 2 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

LOL!!!that would apply were i not an italo-slovenian (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 2 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #23

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 2 2009, 01:19 AM) *
I never said brazillians are better but we play like sh*t when they are not playing.

This team without its' brazillians plays like a mid table serie A team.

These statements would seem to indicate that you think the non-Brazilians who play for Milan aren't too terribly good. Is that in fact the case?

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Mar 2 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 2 2009, 06:19 AM) *
Well i'm sorry but it seems thats what its like when we dont have brazillians on. Besides for the list of players you noted, I can list a non italian that is much better then them. Why does it matter if the player is italian or not. As long as he is good and can help the team win then who cares if hes chinese or from antarctica. Milan are a top club so we should not settle for anything less than the world's elite! I dont get why europeans are so keen on keeping football to their own country. I mean i'm from canada and this sort of talk would never be accepted and would be labeled as labor discrimination.

I never said brazillians are better but we play like sh*t when they are not playing. This team is so dependent on Kaka that as soon as he gets injured our quality as a team just nose dives.

I"m stating what is reality patriots. This team without its' brazillians plays like a mid table serie A team.

This isnt about being Italian, its about the arrogant belief in the Brazilians superiority. Yes the Brazilians (Pato and Kaka anyway) help us immensely but if we only played those two alone would they win us matches?

We are a top club and also multicultural as seen by our fairly diverse set of players, but this is also an Italian club and we need to respect that

You are sending me mixed singals about the second paragraph. Yes we are dependant on Kaka, but Inter are dependent on Ibra does that mean Swedish players are superior to everyone else.

We play poor when Kaka and Pato are not there because they are without a doubt the current stars of the team. Take out Mutu and Gila and are Fiorentina as good?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 2 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Not sure of this Brazilian love-fest.

Their defenders are great going forward.. but can't defend.
Their midfielders attack well.. but can't tackle.
Their strikers are great.. what's defending?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 2 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #26

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Tuttomercatoweb is reporting that there was a 4 hour crisis meeting of Milan's leadership at Via Turati today. No statements were made by the directors as they left the building. The article indicates that Ancelotti is safe until the end of the season.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 2 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #27

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I don't think dismissing Ancelotti in the middle of the season is even an option right now, which is fair enough.

I want him gone, but of course not right now. it'll just worsen the situation. but I hope as soon as the season ends, a new coach is brought in so he has enough time to get to know the team, prepare them the way he knows, etc.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 2 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Their strikers are great.. what's defending?

Are strikers supposed to defend?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Mar 2 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #28

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 2 2009, 07:19 AM) *

You know...there's something called identity. Milan's first identity is being an Italian team. that's the very reason for the separation from Inter. We shouldn't forget that.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 2 2009, 03:59 PM) *
I don't think dismissing Ancelotti in the middle of the season is even an option right now, which is fair enough.

I want him gone, but of course not right now. it'll just worsen the situation. but I hope as soon as the season ends, a new coach is brought in so he has enough time to get to know the team, prepare them the way he knows, etc.

Are strikers supposed to defend?

Of course they are. In today's football no one has the privilege not to defend. The striker are the first players who can set the opposing team under pressure. That's very important.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 2 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #29

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 2 2009, 06:58 PM) *
Of course they are. In today's football no one has the privilege not to defend. The striker are the first players who can set the opposing team under pressure. That's very important.

Well, Pato is Brazilian and I've seen him running after the ball and putting the opponent under pressure to pass the ball. so I don't happen to agree with Kurt in this particular case.

I think strikers should focus on their own job, and if they succeeded, they can help in defending too. especially in a team like Milan where most of players are defenders or deep lying/defensive midfielders.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Mar 2 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #30

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 2 2009, 04:44 PM) *
Well, Pato is Brazilian and I've seen him running after the ball and putting the opponent under pressure to pass the ball. so I don't happen to agree with Kurt in this particular case.

I think strikers should focus on their own job, and if they succeeded, they can help in defending too. especially in a team like Milan where most of players are defenders or deep lying/defensive midfielders.

Never said he can't do it. IMO it's very important too. If you put an opponent under pressure you force him to make mistakes.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:52 AM