Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oliveira: I'll fill Sheva's shoes

Rossoneri7
post Sep 3 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Ricardo Oliveira will fill Andriy Shevchenko’s Number 7 shirt for Milan and maintains the fact he’s an unknown face in Serie A will help him make his mark.

“I was told the number was free and wanted it, then after they explained it used to be Shevchenko’s I was even more determined. I have a lot of respect for Shevchenko, who wrote a page in the history books with Milan, but now I’m here to write my own,” said the Brazilian.

Oliveira’s £10m transfer was only decided on the last day of trading and some in the Italian media considered it a let-down after rumours linking the Rossoneri with Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Didier Drogba.

“I’m not scared of controversy and do not feel the pressure of fan expectation. Inter have bought a lot of star names, but Milan are a strong side and can certainly challenge them for the title, even with an eight-point handicap. Lyon were offering me more money, but I was determined to join Milan, a club that is the dream of all players. This move is a challenge and an opportunity,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

Oliveira was the Liga top scorer in 2004-05 for Real Betis Sevilla, but joined San Paolo on loan to recover from a serious knee injury.

“It’s better for me that the fans and opposition players don’t know what I’m like. They’ll soon learn my name. I know I’ll need a little time to give my best, but I came here to play, score goals and win. With hard work and focus, I will achieve those aims. I played as a lone striker at Betis and San Paolo, but I like to move around and get the ball, opening up spaces for my teammates. I won’t let the fans down.”

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

tonys
post Sep 3 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #2

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,293

I hope you will...

+Quote Post

DvZ
post Sep 3 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 21

that is really a BIG shoes; should anyone trying to fill...

hope that you would at least fill half of that and gila for the other half..

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 3 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

He can never fill Sheva's shoes, but he can certainly make his own mark.

+Quote Post

misha
post Sep 3 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

In order for him to succeed he doesn't need to think about Sheva or how to fill his shoes (won't happen). He just needs to play his game

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Sep 3 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #6

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,214

REallllly (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 3 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 3 2006, 07:19 PM)
In order for him to succeed he doesn't need to think about Sheva or how to fill his shoes (won't happen). He just needs to play his game

Exactly ... he has to make his own shoes!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 3 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 3 2006, 10:00 PM)

Yeah and if he cant .. I know a place that does them cheap (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 3 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 3 2006, 10:28 PM)
Yeah and if he cant .. I know a place that does them cheap (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

... and with style!??? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 3 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 3 2006, 10:29 PM)

Definatly, he'll have to wear the #7 in style (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 3 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

“I’m not scared of controversy and do not feel the pressure of fan expectation. Inter have bought a lot of star names, but Milan are a strong side and can certainly challenge them for the title, even with an eight-point handicap. Lyon were offering me more money, but I was determined to join Milan, a club that is the dream of all players. This move is a challenge and an opportunity,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

I like this guy already.

I really hope that he won't let us down.

I can't waite to see him play, especially in a serie A match and see how he handles the tighter marking then he is used to playing in in La Liga

+Quote Post

dudernahata
post Sep 3 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #12

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 572

i dunno, it seems as if he is just trying to say exactly what we want him to say. like someone is telling him exactly what to say so the fans are happy. so we have to wait and see what happens this season, but no way will he EVER fill shevas shoes. shevchenko, the second highest scorer for milan, was captaining the side last season while maldini was out, no sorry oliveira but i do wish him a great season

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 3 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Sep 3 2006, 10:25 PM)
i dunno, it seems as if he is just trying to say exactly what we want him to say. like someone is telling him exactly what to say so the fans are happy. so we have to wait and see what happens this season, but no way will he EVER fill shevas shoes. shevchenko, the second highest scorer for milan, was captaining the side last season while maldini was out, no sorry oliveira but i do wish him a great season

Come on not everything is a conspiracy, he is trying to instill cofidence in the fans, because he knows that the fans feel let down that he was the one to come, before I judge wether or not he can fill Sheva's shoes I will first see what he can do this season, but not before, because it's unfair to him, I haven't even seen him play for 1 minute and I'm going to judge him??? It's not right

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 4 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #14

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2006, 01:29 AM)
Come on not everything is a conspiracy, he is trying to instill cofidence in the fans, because he knows that the fans feel let down that he was the one to come, before I judge wether or not he can fill Sheva's shoes I will first see what he can do this season, but not before, because it's unfair to him, I haven't even seen him play for 1 minute and I'm going to judge him??? It's not right

Perfectly put (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 4 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #15

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Sep 4 2006, 01:25 AM)

He wont be a Shevchenko, there wont ever be another like him .. Oliveira is not his equal, on paper that is , but lets see how he plays in the red and black .. Who knows he might bring in a new style ?! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:54 PM