22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CL - Round of Last 16 - Tottenham - Milan (2nd leg), Date: 09/03/11 Time: 19:45 GMT 1st Leg: 1-0 Spurs

X-Offender
post Mar 6 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

It's yet uncertain whether he'll be in London or not. The fact he played the whole first half very intensively might suggest that Allegri subbed him only as a precaution. But like I said, we'll have to wait and see.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Is Zambro going to be back?

If that's the case then it should be, Flamini, Seedorf, Janku in midfield with Robinho in front of them.

Keep Thiago in the defense FFS. Learn from your mistakes Allegri!!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 6 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2011, 12:04 PM) *
Is Zambro going to be back?

If that's the case then it should be, Flamini, Seedorf, Janku in midfield with Robinho in front of them.

Keep Thiago in the defense FFS. Learn from your mistakes Allegri!!

I worry with the players we have unavailable in midfield that Thiago will play there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 6 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #19

I have no news regarding Zambrotta, but Antonini is back, and it looks like Allegri will opt for Janku in midfield. Our line-up should thus be:

Abbiati
Abate - Nesta - T. Silva - Antonini
Flamini - Seedorf - Jankulovski
Robinho
Pato - Ibrahimovic

Defense and attack are alright, midfield is grotesque. I'd rather play Strasser and Flamini in front of the defense, in a 4-2-3-1 line-up:

Abbiati
Abate - Nesta - T. Silva - Antonini
Flamini - Strasser
Pato - Seedorf - Robinho
Ibrahimovic

Adapt Max, adapt!

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Mar 6 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #20

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

^^^ Allegri gonna use the first line up.

I'm usually optimistic, but it's hard to see us winning there with that midfield.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Mar 6 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

X-Offender. You pick Antonini over Jankulovski? Really?? And urgh, Seedorf, only if Merkel can't play. Or what's even worse, you make a weird 4-2-3-1 with Pato as winger to accomadate a finished Seedorf, awful!

Pato, Ibrahimovic
Robinho
Flamini, Strasser, Merkel
Jankulovski, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati

Because Merkel is better than Seedorf, and Jankulovski is better than Antonini.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Mar 6 2011, 06:13 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 6 2011, 06:09 PM) *
X-Offender. You pick Antonini over Jankulovski? Really?? And urgh, Seedorf, only if Merkel can't play. Or what's even worse, you make a weird 4-2-3-1 with Pato as winger to accomadate a finished Seedorf, awful!

Pato, Ibrahimovic
Robinho
Flamini, Strasser, Merkel
Jankulovski, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati

Because Merkel is better than Seedorf, and Jankulovski is better than Antonini.

That midfield would get trashed by spurs, imagine Merkel against Modric or Lennon FFS!!!

Either Janku or Strasser should get the nod if Boateng is not ready. Seedorf will have to play, we're short on mids and playing Merkel is not even an option in Allegri's mind and shouldn't be in all honesty. And removing Thiago from defense is not worth it when you limit a player like him in a position that is not his own.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Mar 6 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #23

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2011, 07:29 PM) *
That midfield would get trashed by spurs, imagine Merkel against Modric or Lennon FFS!!!

Either Janku or Strasser should get the nod if Boateng is not ready. Seedorf will have to play, we're short on mids and playing Merkel is not even an option in Allegri's mind and shouldn't be in all honesty. And removing Thiago from defense is not worth it when you limit a player like him in a position that is not his own.

Eh, but we don't have really other midfielders left to choose from, han. Oh wait! We have Seedorf! Our worst player!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 6 2011, 06:36 PM) *
Eh, but we don't have really other midfielders left to choose from, han. Oh wait! We have Seedorf! Our worst player!

I think you're just coming down way too hard on Seedorf because it's either him or Merkel. And for me in this kind of fixture, Merkel shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. Seedorf hasn't been playing regularly like he was before the first leg so he won't be tired like he was before. He can handle it. Janku can play in midfield and will be more adapt to doubling up to help Antonini defend, so it's not as bad as you make it out to be so that Merkel and Strasser can start.

Imo they should be our last solution. Especially Merkel, Strasser I would trust more, but he hasn't played for a while, and this game wouldn't be the right time to start him not when he's been out for so long

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 6 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 6 2011, 07:09 PM) *

Personally, I don't think Jankulovski is better than Antonini. They're more or less on the same level.

To play both Merkel and Strasser in such a game would be suicidal. Seedorf gives me much more confidence. Despite how crap he's become, you can always ask him for a wonder delivery when it comes to in-or-out games of this kind.

Weird 4-2-3-1? That's how we played under Leo, with Pato on the right. Nothing weird about it.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Mar 6 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #26

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2011, 07:51 PM) *
I think you're just coming down way too hard on Seedorf because it's either him or Merkel. And for me in this kind of fixture, Merkel shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. Seedorf hasn't been playing regularly like he was before the first leg so he won't be tired like he was before. He can handle it. Janku can play in midfield and will be more adapt to doubling up to help Antonini defend, so it's not as bad as you make it out to be so that Merkel and Strasser can start.

Imo they should be our last solution. Especially Merkel, Strasser I would trust more, but he hasn't played for a while, and this game wouldn't be the right time to start him not when he's been out for so long

Han, what bothers me, is you keep saying Merkel should never play then/there before looking the situation we are in. You are zero procent open considering him. At least be open to consider someone, and then maybe make the decision not to pick one.

I know Jankulovski can play in midfield, but I want him as left-back if Antonini is the other choice, and we can play midfielders like Strasser, Merkel and Flamini.

Why should Merkel be the last solution? He plays better than Seedorf this season, and I mentioned more reasons before, but this being the main reason.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 6 2011, 07:52 PM) *
Personally, I don't think Jankulovski is better than Antonini. They're more or less on the same level.

To play both Merkel and Strasser in such a game would be suicidal. Seedorf gives me much more confidence. Despite how crap he's become, you can always ask him for a wonder delivery when it comes to in-or-out games of this kind.

Weird 4-2-3-1? That's how we played under Leo, with Pato on the right. Nothing weird about it.

Jankulovski did better than Antonini in two games than Antonini in this whole season combined. Jankulovski showed to be not only the better attacker, but also a better defender than Antonini. I fully disagree they are on the same level. Jankulovski is a way better left-back than Antonini. Antonini has been playing bad this season, while Jankulovski played the last two games and did both times well, so it only makes sense to start him over Antonini.

Yeah, under Leonardo. Just like Huntelaar as RW was not weird? That formation was only there because of Ronaldinho. Pato is not a RW !!!!!!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 6 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 6 2011, 08:15 PM) *
Jankulovski did better than Antonini in two games than Antonini in this whole season combined. Jankulovski showed to be not only the better attacker, but also a better defender than Antonini. I fully disagree they are on the same level. Jankulovski is a way better left-back than Antonini. Antonini has been playing bad this season, while Jankulovski played the last two games and did both times well, so it only makes sense to start him over Antonini.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Yeah, right. I was the first to say he was great against Napoli, but last night he had a decent performance, like the rest of the team. Nothing worth of mentioning, except one running that led to Cassano's opportunity, and one horrible mistake that could have cost us the game. In his prime, yes, he was by far better than Antonini. But right now, I don't see any substantial difference between the two.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 6 2011, 08:15 PM) *
Yeah, under Leonardo. Just like Huntelaar as RW was not weird? That formation was only there because of Ronaldinho. Pato is not a RW !!!!!!

I know Pato is not a RW, but unlike Huntelaar, he can play there no problem in emergency situations.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Mar 6 2011, 07:38 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 6 2011, 08:33 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Yeah, right. I was the first to say he was great against Napoli, but last night he had a decent performance, like the rest of the team. Nothing worth of mentioning, except one running that led to Cassano's opportunity, and one horrible mistake that could have cost us the game. In his prime, yes, he was by far better than Antonini. But right now, I don't see any substantial difference between the two.

I know Pato is not a RW, but unlike Huntelaar, he can play there no problem in emergency situations.

He can play there, but it's not making sense... it makes more sense to put Pato and Zlatan up front, Robinho behind them, and Seedorf at LCM or RCM..... Strasser is the best choice of the three as CDM, so Flamini as LCM or RCM...

Maybe nothing special Jankulovski did, but Antonini is most of the times horrible and a whole lot weaker than the rest of the team. I see some difference! Jankulovski adds so much more attacking and he is even a better defender than Antonini! At least from what I'm seeing this season's games. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

Jankulovski is doing well, unlike Antonini did, so how in earth can you pick Antonini over Jankulovski?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 6 2011, 07:15 PM) *
Han, what bothers me, is you keep saying Merkel should never play then/there before looking the situation we are in. You are zero procent open considering him. At least be open to consider someone, and then maybe make the decision not to pick one.

I know Jankulovski can play in midfield, but I want him as left-back if Antonini is the other choice, and we can play midfielders like Strasser, Merkel and Flamini.

Why should Merkel be the last solution? He plays better than Seedorf this season, and I mentioned more reasons before, but this being the main reason.

I only said that Merkel shouldn't play in games like this, and I stand by that. He's not even remotely ready for it, and to push him out there in a midfield along with the even less experienced Strasser, who hasn't even played in over a months btw, is just out of the question and incredibly naive, something that Allegri would never do, he's prefer to play Thiago there over either of them and I say this with the utmost confidence and something I support him hole heartedly in.

I'm more then ok with Merkel getting his chance is Coppa games and against small sides at home, but anything else is risking it, and we've seen him stumble a lot when he's put under pressure.

Like x-off said, the difference between the 2 is marginal, I think Janku has better positional sense then Antonini, while Antonini pushed forward better ans is faster. that's why playing Janku at LM is our best option, he'll help Antonini even better then a DM would plus can push forward make overlapping runs as well.

Merkel has had less games then Seedorf and looing at all those performances I woul say that Seedorf had the better ones so far. Sure he's had some really horrible performances like in the 1st leg and against Udine, but all the rest were good or acceptable, while Merkel ranges from decent to hesitant. You're giving Merkel way too much credit when someone like Strasser imo has far outshone him in the little amount of playing time he's gotten due to injury.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Mar 6 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #30

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Han, you assume Merkel is not ready for a game like this, that's a huge difference with him being ready or not. You can't know that. Actually, no one knows until given the chance. And I would give him the chance, if the other option is Seedorf. Our worst player in second half of this season. My eyes got hurt reading you saying Seedorf did better than Merkel for us. OMG, we will never agree.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:14 AM