post Jan 16 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Nova @ Jan 16 2017, 11:15 PM) *
Back To reality.

I don't think this is reality to be honest.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 16 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #17

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,029

We have to try and pull one back before half

+Quote Post

Nova
post Jan 16 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 16 2017, 11:27 PM) *
I don't think this is reality to be honest.

This is very much reality with these bunch of hell no's.

Still watching the game though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 16 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #19

Esordienti A 95

HT. Suso, Bona, Loca the best. Pasalic, Bacca, and Calabria the worst.

Belotti really is a complete striker. He can do it all, he's someone we should really spend the money to get.

This post has been edited by maldini03: Jan 16 2017, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 16 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Well we have shown throughout the season so far that we are definitely slow starters and a second half team, let's see if we have it in ourselves to turn another game over. We have made it difficult by conceding twice but at least we managed to keep it at that

Terrible performance so far, that midfield is much too lightweight, I don't know what Montella was thinking going with both Berto and Pasalic, we need Kucka in there with either or the other, we're just too weak in that area and keep getting out muscled

Paletta and Romagnoli have had a terrible time trying to contain Bellotti and Falque as well

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 16 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #21

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

This is nothing to do with the players. This is us running on empty. That said, Montella doesn't seem to have a tactical answer to Miha's counter attacking and Falque and Belotti's running - our midfield and defence are miles apart from each other and the defence is getting no cover. It's easy pickings really.

That said we did vastly improve on 35 minutes, but it's no good that it took us that long to get going a bit. Our players are on fumes, and this is only going to continue till we get investment in the squad. If that doesn't happen this month, which it appears is the case, bye Europe and hello again 8th place.

Montella cannot do more than he is - he worked a miracle to get us second.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 16 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

We've had stinkers like this throughout the season so far it has to be said, like against Udine, Genoa and a couple others, but we've so far always managed to bounce back. It looks bleak atm because the other teams around us keep winning, but we're not going to win them all, we don't have a team built for that. So a loss here and there is acceptable for me as long as we recover.

Still haven't given up hope that we can pull this back though

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 16 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 16 2017, 09:34 PM) *
HT. Suso, Bona, Loca the best. Pasalic, Bacca, and Calabria the worst.

Belotti really is a complete striker. He can do it all, he's someone we should really spend the money to get.

I don't agree. He's got pace and thrives on counter attacking. His game relies heavily on getting behind defenders. He's excellent in Torino's system - just like Di Natale at Udi - made him look brilliant but he was clever enough to never leave because he'd have ended up like Gilardino. Belotti reminds me of that. He'd struggle as much in this Milan team as Bacca does.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 16 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #24

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 16 2017, 01:55 PM) *
By that logic were thin in almost every department. One injury to Donna and we have Storari; an injury for Jack or Suso and we have Honda, Sosa or whoever.

True, but defence has probably been our best area this season. It's the one thing we've been able to kinda rely on. Well, till Belotti and co. showed up!

I think we have to take the risk when it comes to our defense. You're right, Zapata and Gomez are not starting material, but there's no time for finding the right 3rd defensive ingredient in January. We should concentrate on the creative department - a winger or a midfielder IMO.

We're probably not going to sign anyone of quality this month, for any position. I've written this season off, just like the rest. I want to be proven wrong on that.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 16 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 16 2017, 09:38 PM) *
This is nothing to do with the players. This is us running on empty. That said, Montella doesn't seem to have a tactical answer to Miha's counter attacking and Falque and Belotti's running - our midfield and defence are miles apart from each other and the defence is getting no cover. It's easy pickings really.

That said we did vastly improve on 35 minutes, but it's no good that it took us that long to get going a bit. Our players are on fumes, and this is only going to continue till we get investment in the squad. If that doesn't happen this month, which it appears is the case, bye Europe and hello again 8th place.

Montella cannot do more than he is - he worked a miracle to get us second.

Well I think he made a mistake with the initial selection, I think Kucka should have started instead of either Berto or Pasalic, the midfield with both of them in there is just too weak and gets easily sliced through.

Also, I don't think it has anything to do with running on empty, I don't think the team is tired or losing form, if anything I think our general play has much improved over what it was at the start of the season. But it's just a natural thing to see a bit of fluctuation in our performances/consistency. We don't have a top class first 11, let along a top class squad that has strength in depth. If one of our regulars is missing we tend to struggle a lot. So yes it is a miracle that Montella has got us to where we are now, but I don't see a loss today being a defining moment in the season. We've had set-backs and recovered incredibly well from them. Montella just needs to work more on a plan B of sorts. I think he also needs to make quicker and smarter subs.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 16 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #26

Esordienti A 95

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 16 2017, 02:41 PM) *
I don't agree. He's got pace and thrives on counter attacking. His game relies heavily on getting behind defenders. He's excellent in Torino's system - just like Di Natale at Udi - made him look brilliant but he was clever enough to never leave because he'd have ended up like Gilardino. Belotti reminds me of that. He'd struggle as much in this Milan team as Bacca does.

I disagree, they are completely different players. If anyone was like Bacca it would be Gilardino. Belotti has the ability to play with another striker or to lead the line. He is strong in the air, he's good with the ball, he can hold it up and he can create chances for himself. His finishing has also really come along this season. Bacca is a poacher, Belotti even as you just described him is much more. Bacca plays inside the box and relies on other players providing him with opportunities. Belotti does that as well, but it you look at the way he plays for Italy even he is responsible for creating for himself and even Immobile when they play together.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 16 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 16 2017, 09:41 PM) *

Nooooooooo

Don't compare Bellotti to Gila!!! Bellotti for me is a complete forward, he's got pace, he's very strong, he can tap them in, he can play as a target man, he can play counter attacking, he can dribble (something Gila couldn't do if his life depended on it), he can score with his head, both feet, inside the box, outside the box. For me he is the complete forward. Di Natale was simply a counter attacking player who could finish as well as anyone, but don't compare Bellotti to him, he's one of the best young Italians around right now, and I generally tend to spot the old fashioned Serie A striker from a mile away, Bellotti is definitely not one of them

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 16 2017, 10:00 PM
Post #28

Esordienti A 95

^^ This. He is nothing like Gila. Bacca is more Gila than Belotti. Belotti kind of reminds me of Benzema, with perhaps less pace, and less ability to score from distance

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 16 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

BERTOOOO

GET INNN

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 16 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #30

Esordienti A 95

Penalty!!!!!

Bacca!! and just like that we are level. What did Montella say at HT.

This post has been edited by maldini03: Jan 16 2017, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:07 PM