> Torino - Milan --- 23/11/2008, Serie A | Giornata 13

Tennie
post Nov 16 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #31

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll is scared. I'm agreeing with zd again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I would be perfectly happy with rotating Kaka and Ronaldinho and starting 2 strikers. In fact, I'd send Galliani a box of cookies.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I expect the fluidity of play (and therefore opportunities for attacking players) to improve when Pirlo is back.

This post has been edited by Tennie: Nov 16 2008, 10:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

mishie
post Nov 16 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

To be honest with you all in pretty sure if Carlo had his way R10 wouldn't be at the club i don't think he thought we really needed him we needed another striker so partly his hands were tied with that decision much the same about Sheva's return to so i have sympathy for him to a degree, and why not rotate Kaka and R10 if it benefits the overall team play

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 16 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #33

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 17 2008, 12:46 AM) *
Fishdoll is scared. I'm agreeing with zd again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:http://tinypic.info/files/tng0jydn1547s51ad6fu.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 16 2008, 10:16 PM) *

I would be perfectly happy with rotating Kaka and Ronaldinho and starting 2 strikers. In fact, I'd send Galliani a box of cookies.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I expect the fluidity of play (and therefore opportunities for attacking players) to improve when Pirlo is back.

Agreed.

OMG! The apocalypse is upon us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

QUOTE (mishie @ Nov 16 2008, 10:20 PM) *
To be honest with you all in pretty sure if Carlo had his way R10 wouldn't be at the club i don't think he thought we really needed him we needed another striker so partly his hands were tied with that decision much the same about Sheva's return to so i have sympathy for him to a degree, and why not rotate Kaka and R10 if it benefits the overall team play

We really don't know. I'm with you on the fact that you doubt how involved in the decisions regarding Dinho and Sheva Carlo was.

But still Both Dinho and Sheva give him the neccissary means to rotate the team while still maintaining the overall quality of the first 11. But Carlo refuses to take advantage of this and sticks to the smax tree.

+Quote Post

jefri91
post Nov 16 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #35

"Durgle The Turtle"

Member No.: 3,402

As much as I love Milan, I don't think I can watch them play again.
If I see a 1-0 game again I WILL CRY

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Nov 16 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #36

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 16 2008, 10:17 AM) *
About Carlo, you can criticize and downgrade all his accomplishments, but that wont change where he stands in the Milan structure .. he remains the coach.

That's not exactly a positive, considering that he's long worn out his welcome and the management haven't got the acorns to replace him.

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Nov 17 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #37

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'd happily win every remaining game 1-0 if it meant bringing home the Scudetto. We lack the cutting edge at the moment, and considering we're not playing particularly well, we're picking up a lot of points.

If we go on one of our usual post-Christmas runs, we'll be hard to stop.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 17 2008, 01:51 AM
Post #38

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

We're gonna win this. No question. 4-0, like the other ones... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 17 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #39

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I still am ok with a 1-0 if it means Ronaldinho and Kaka are moving 10% more into getting into a grove. And I think it makes sense that a formation which needs to click, gets practise time against the weaker teams.

As for the two strikers thing, yes it will work now. But it means nothing. Last season Roma's 4-2-3-1 was the greatest thing since Elvis Presley. I remember all the statments over here in the forum, about how they played brilliant football etc. But then what happened? They got figured out, and now they're in the pooper without a Plan B.

I've given up on understanding this forum. One second we complain of predictability and being figured out, and then we say we should go back to how things were.

Seedorf---Kaka
-----Striker----

is different from

Kaka---Ronaldinho
----Striker-------

The second formation also has way more potential. Potential which we paid a lot of money for, and which needs to be realised really quickly. If Carlo doesn't play Ronaldinho, he's just doing what Mou did to Sheva...destroy a player's career and end up with 21 million for nothing.

Carlo didn't want Ronaldinho, he wanted Eto'o and Drogba. Every season they do this. Give Carlo 1 player he wants (in this case Flamini) and the rest are people whom Carlo has to rehabilitate. Yet we have a man, who doesn't complain with the cards he's dealt and bravely tries to play his hand. I don't recall Carlo coming to a conference and saying my team are too weak, I can't do anything with it. He's a good coach, and a good man, and if the notorious Silvio Berlusconi comes out and says, Carletto is family...I think it means something. Surely, if they thought the coach was the problem, they wouldn't have spent all this money on the players would they?

As for Silvio being in love with the coach...puhleeze... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) You don't become a multi-millionaire and then Prime Minister of your country, by harbouring sentimental attachements to people.

Is he Milan's SAF. I think he could be. Of course unlike Carlo, SAF has carte blanche. Hell, he is Manchester United. A position Carletto will never be given, for another 4 or 5 years at least.

I think in 7 years, a coach still has the management and the team behind him, it counts for a lot of respect. Respect which is sadly lacking on this forum.

Case in point...Favalli. Nobody notices the good match he had yesterday. But every single mistake he makes is amplified beyond belief. Same with Emerson. He won us two matches, before he made that foul (regrettable, but it's not like it's never ever happened in football before)..and it cost us a draw...too bad...but at that point he is back to being shite in our eyes.

Rino brought down Gerrard in Istanbul. That's glossed over, coz at that time he was likeable. Then last season happened, and nobody gave a flying f@ck that Rino and Pirlo are probably the most overworked footballers in Italy, and we sentenced them to the firing squad. Suddenly this season, Rino is back, and he's playing great,and now since we have nobody else, we train our guns on Ambro, who's been the worst of the lot. Not Flamini, he's young, he's fashionable...nope...he needs time..when the fact was yesterday against Chievo, he wasn't too great at all...as 'bad' as Ambro has been.

Well..this post has gone in totally the wrong direction from what I intended. But I just wanted to raise a protest,at how 90% of this forum feels that 'discussion' simply means you point a gun at the most culpable party and unleash the most stringent tirades possible.

Sure let's go for it...fire everyone who's not 'fashionable' and get in the cool guys. Oh wait...they've already tried that. I think that team is called Madrid. Oh and there's another team in England who does exactly what the fans want.... after all the fans 'pay the player's wages' ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )....my darling Newcastle...not going too well is it?

Whatever...I'm done...I'll stick to the Hot Girls thread from now on. Lately I can't seem to find anything to agree upon in the forum. Not even when it comes to music or movies. *Yawn* This is a drag.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Nov 17 2008, 07:30 AM
Post #40

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 16 2008, 10:13 PM) *
Whatever...I'm done...I'll stick to the Hot Girls thread from now on. Lately I can't seem to find anything to agree upon in the forum. Not even when it comes to music or movies. *Yawn* This is a drag.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 17 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #41

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 17 2008, 11:30 AM) *

You can say that again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 17 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 17 2008, 07:13 AM) *
I still am ok with a 1-0 if it means Ronaldinho and Kaka are moving 10% more into getting into a grove. And I think it makes sense that a formation which needs to click, gets practise time against the weaker teams.

As for the two strikers thing, yes it will work now. But it means nothing. Last season Roma's 4-2-3-1 was the greatest thing since Elvis Presley. I remember all the statments over here in the forum, about how they played brilliant football etc. But then what happened? They got figured out, and now they're in the pooper without a Plan B.

I've given up on understanding this forum. One second we complain of predictability and being figured out, and then we say we should go back to how things were.

Seedorf---Kaka
-----Striker----

is different from

Kaka---Ronaldinho
----Striker-------

The second formation also has way more potential. Potential which we paid a lot of money for, and which needs to be realised really quickly. If Carlo doesn't play Ronaldinho, he's just doing what Mou did to Sheva...destroy a player's career and end up with 21 million for nothing.

Carlo didn't want Ronaldinho, he wanted Eto'o and Drogba. Every season they do this. Give Carlo 1 player he wants (in this case Flamini) and the rest are people whom Carlo has to rehabilitate. Yet we have a man, who doesn't complain with the cards he's dealt and bravely tries to play his hand. I don't recall Carlo coming to a conference and saying my team are too weak, I can't do anything with it. He's a good coach, and a good man, and if the notorious Silvio Berlusconi comes out and says, Carletto is family...I think it means something. Surely, if they thought the coach was the problem, they wouldn't have spent all this money on the players would they?

As for Silvio being in love with the coach...puhleeze... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) You don't become a multi-millionaire and then Prime Minister of your country, by harbouring sentimental attachements to people.

I think in 7 years, a coach still has the management and the team behind him, it counts for a lot of respect. Respect which is sadly lacking on this forum.

Case in point...Favalli. Nobody notices the good match he had yesterday. But every single mistake he makes is amplified beyond belief. Same with Emerson. He won us two matches, before he made that foul (regrettable, but it's not like it's never ever happened in football before)..and it cost us a draw...too bad...but at that point he is back to being shite in our eyes.

Rino brought down Gerrard in Istanbul. That's glossed over, coz at that time he was likeable. Then last season happened, and nobody gave a flying f@ck that Rino and Pirlo are probably the most overworked footballers in Italy, and we sentenced them to the firing squad. Suddenly this season, Rino is back, and he's playing great,and now since we have nobody else, we train our guns on Ambro, who's been the worst of the lot. Not Flamini, he's young, he's fashionable...nope...he needs time..when the fact was yesterday against Chievo, he wasn't too great at all...as 'bad' as Ambro has been.

Well..this post has gone in totally the wrong direction from what I intended. But I just wanted to raise a protest,at how 90% of this forum feels that 'discussion' simply means you point a gun at the most culpable party and unleash the most stringent tirades possible.

Sure let's go for it...fire everyone who's not 'fashionable' and get in the cool guys. Oh wait...they've already tried that. I think that team is called Madrid. Oh and there's another team in England who does exactly what the fans want.... after all the fans 'pay the player's wages' ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )....my darling Newcastle...not going too well is it?

I can't believe I'm about to do this but I'm going to quote Grey's Anatomy on this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

'Things aren't always bright and shiny Jack'

What I mean by this is that it's can't always be butterflies and rainbows Jack. The team is going through a really bad spell and it's not the fact that we're grabbing late winners that makes us angry but it's the dodgey ways we've been winning the games in. I think we've picked up something like 6 - 9 points already thanks to strange ref decisions, be it a penalty or a strange sending off, or both on some cases. It doesn't sit well with us and I don't understand how you can praise the team and most of all Carlo for this.

No one wants to revert back to the Seedorf-Kaka-Striker setup, that is even worse then the Dinho-Kaka-Striker system. Everyone agrees that this whole xmas tree cr@p has gotten way too old and we should revert back to playing with 2 strikers. That's what everyone means when they say we should play how we used to.

Is he Milan's SAF. I think he could be. Of course unlike Carlo, SAF has carte blanche. Hell, he is Manchester United. A position Carletto will never be given, for another 4 or 5 years at least.

I'm praying that we don't have to put up with Carlo's cr@p for another 4 or 5 years. Like Miz said, Carlo overstayed his welcome after the Athens win, and some would even tell you that he should have left after Istanbul, that how fead up some have gotten with him. Like I said, he can never be SAF because he doesn't know how to rebuild a team, SAF probably has had something like 4 generations of different teams come out from under him, we're into the 7th year with Carlo and we're still dragging along with the same team, only now they're older and less motivated to win things. That's the only difference from the 02 team to this team.

On Ambro vs Flamini, Flamini was not spactacular yesterday, but he did his job without and fuss or making any scenes. Why Ambro is criticised? Because he tends to act irrationally and he's the most player likely to get sent off on our team. He dwells on the ball too much and ends up losing it, a player with his abilities should do things always simple, he doesn't have the technique required to do the things he tries to do. I remember you omplaining about Yoann doing this exact same thing, but I guess it's ok since it's Ambro and he's not some French kid trying to look cool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . See Jack it's not just us that point the gun at players for misplacing a foot... And I personally never wanted Rino to go, even after last season when he was linked with Bayern and Man U. Rino is Milan and imo should be the one to take the armband after Paolo.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Nov 17 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

I predict a Torino 0 - 3 Milan Seedorf , Pato and Sheva on the score sheet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 17 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #44

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Nov 17 2008, 08:26 AM) *
I predict a Torino 0 - 3 Milan Seedorf , Pato and Sheva on the score sheet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Can't see Sheva playing in this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 17 2008, 09:17 AM
Post #45

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 17 2008, 10:36 AM) *
On Ambro vs Flamini, Flamini was not spactacular yesterday, but he did his job without and fuss or making any scenes. Why Ambro is criticised? Because he tends to act irrationally and he's the most player likely to get sent off on our team. He dwells on the ball too much and ends up losing it, a player with his abilities should do things always simple, he doesn't have the technique required to do the things he tries to do. I remember you omplaining about Yoann doing this exact same thing, but I guess it's ok since it's Ambro and he's not some French kid trying to look cool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . See Jack it's not just us that point the gun at players for misplacing a foot...

Forza han. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Enough said.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:33 PM