post Jul 2 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Eto'o draws line under exit talk

2 Jul 2007

Samuel Eto'o has moved to end all speculation linking himself and Ronaldinho with a move away from Barcelona following the arrival of Thierry Henry.

Milan are continuously linked to the duo and many have voiced doubts that the Blaugrana will be able to keep all the members of their star-studded forward line happy.

With Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Henry and Lionel Messi vying for three places in the side, rumours have continued to surface that either Eto'o or Ronaldinho could leave.

Despite stating that he is not going on several occasions, Eto'o has felt the need to speak out again as a fresh set of stories appeared in the Italian and Spanish media this week.

"(Milan president, Silvio) Berlusconi wants to sign Ronaldinho for the coach (Carlo Ancelotti) and the coach would like to sign me," the Cameroonian international told Marca.

"But I can tell you from my side, and I think I can say on behalf of Ronaldinho, that neither of us are leaving Barca."

::skysports::

Some mod please merge this one with that. Thank you! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Jul 2 2007, 06:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

misha
post Jul 2 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

Eto’o commits to Barca

Milan target Samuel Eto’o has stated that he will not leave Barcelona despite the rumours linking him with a summer move.

The Rossoneri are keen on netting the Cameroon international and Thierry Henry’s arrival at the Nou Camp has fuelled speculation that the Blaugrana might consider letting the hitman leave.

“Milan President Silvio Berlusconi favours the technical aspects and wants to sign Ronaldinho, whereas Coach Carlo Ancelotti would like to sign me,” Eto’o told Spanish newspaper Marca.

“But you can tell Berlusconi from me, and I think I can also speak on behalf of Ronaldinho, that neither of us are leaving Barcelona,” added the striker.

Eto’o declared that he is pleased to welcome Henry to the team, as he believes his arrival will make the Catalan side even stronger, although no games will be taken for granted.

“I have told Titi that he has joined a great club, but that we are going to be under immense pressure because we cannot afford to lose any matches,” he said.

“It is like that because we have to be the best, but football is not an exact science. We have to show respect for all our opponents,” concluded Eto’o.

Football Italia

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jul 2 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #3

Esordienti A 95

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 874

Theres always a chance that something is brewing beneath the surface but IMO we should have went away from these guys a long time ago and focused on players that are available and willing to transfer. Milan cannot back what they have played up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:48 PM