> CL - Group Stage - Ajax - AC Milan, Date: 29/09/10 Time: 20:45 CET

X-Offender
post Sep 29 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #226

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 29 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Why are we talking about such things? Why would we be destroyed? Did Real destroy someone yet? Why do we treat Mourinho as god the allmighty? That's absurd and decadent at same time.

Our campaing is over? What are we talking about? For all I know we can easily draw Tottenham or Rubin if we finish up second, while Real (if first) can draw Inter or Barca. Gee, we played 2 games, have 4 points, yet we worry.

+1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

servbot
post Sep 29 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #227

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 29 2010, 03:48 PM) *
This is a different Real to last season. Hate to say it, but Mourinho won't allow us to win against them, especially not at home. His perfect record won't be touched, especially not by us. Last season we were starting to play well when we played them, we're still struggling now. Overly relying on Ibra to practically win a match on his own by producing a moment of brilliance.

A lot needs to be fixed in this team before we can start thinking about beating Real

We are both different teams than last year, of course, but last year we really weren't playing remotely well. After struggling against relegated teams like Bologna and Atalanta, scoring like 4 goals in 600 minutes, then we had finally won a match vs Roma and that was it before facing Real. I don't think Milan will be favored to win, but that doesn't mean that we should be thinking as though we've already lost.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 29 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #228

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Real aren't doing so sharply either. Of course, they're the favorites, but don't be surprised if we snap a positive result.

+Quote Post

Guest_Suhail 3_*
post Sep 30 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #229

Guests

guys any chance we ll be seeing papa play again lol

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 30 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #230

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

^^

Right now, we're looking for stability...I see the team play in snatches and it looks obvious. For the moment, Allegri seems completely focused on building the team from the back and creating balance.

And like most Italians the immediate focus seems to be on obtaining defensive balance first. I can't fault him. As we all know in CL - win at home, draw away is the mantra and it's okay for me to see us use that.

I'm sure if we'd been 1-1 in the San Siro, the subs would have been entirely different and far more attacking.

I liked the fact that we were more composed against counter attacks, and seemed to have more opportunities on goal compared to Ajax.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 30 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #231

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Yes, we can draw Rubin or Tottenham, but the possibility of that happening is very slim. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Almost as little as Ajax coming and winning at San Siro against us. It could happen, but we'd have to be very lucky. Our best bet would be to go and get results like Real Madrid like last season, a win and draw, or something like that.

I guess, it'll take a couple more rounds of CL group stage matches to get a better picture of where things stand.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 30 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #232

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (servbot @ Sep 29 2010, 11:08 PM) *
We are both different teams than last year, of course, but last year we really weren't playing remotely well. After struggling against relegated teams like Bologna and Atalanta, scoring like 4 goals in 600 minutes, then we had finally won a match vs Roma and that was it before facing Real. I don't think Milan will be favored to win, but that doesn't mean that we should be thinking as though we've already lost.

Against Roma it was a performance that inspired confidence. All I'm currently seeing in this team is hanging on in hopes of Zlatan pulling something out of his @ss. I'm not saying that the scenario I painted above will happen, but it can. Do I think we can turn things around by then? Sure, imo this International break will do us good, except for Pirlo and Zlatan who have to play both competitive games for their countries. We'll see, I'm hoping we come out of that break playing a lot better then we are now. Because if we keep playing like we are I can't see us taking more then 1 point from the head to heads

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 29 2010, 11:23 PM) *
Real aren't doing so sharply either. Of course, they're the favorites, but don't be surprised if we snap a positive result.

They're not playing a sharp game or anything like that, but they're a compact side, with far better players then Ajax. We can grab the 3 in Milan but we need to improve a lot before that happens.

As for the reason why Ajax didn't counter us effecively. They didn't play the way most Serie A teams play, which is to constantly absorb pressure, wait for the slip up and counter efficiantly. Ajax played a wide open game, something we're supposed to trive off of, yet we only managed to create 3 decent chances in 90 minutes. Real practically slaughtered them on week 1, yet we couldn't carve them up effectively more then twice, the last chance was more of scramble then anything else

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 30 2010, 08:12 AM
Post #233

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 30 2010, 07:59 AM) *
Yes, we can draw Rubin or Tottenham, but the possibility of that happening is very slim. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Almost as little as Ajax coming and winning at San Siro against us. It could happen, but we'd have to be very lucky. Our best bet would be to go and get results like Real Madrid like last season, a win and draw, or something like that.

I guess, it'll take a couple more rounds of CL group stage matches to get a better picture of where things stand.

With our luck we'll get a top team. Look at the groups we got drawn against 2 years running and look at Barca's, Arsenal's, Man U's, Chelsea's groups. Then we don't come in 1st and ho do we end up with? Man U of course. With our luck this season we'll probably end up with Barca if we don't somehow get first place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 30 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #234

Berretti

So very true, Han. We've had it hard in the early stages of CL for the last three years, at least. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) The last time we won the group, we got Arsenal of all clubs (they finished second in 2008 if my memory serves me right). At the end of the day the most important thing is to qualify for the knockout stages, yes. And in a perfect world if the aim is to try and win the CL then we should be able to tackle any opposition.

But that's a perfect world, after all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) When a club goes on with the intention of drawing a match, playing for a draw, scrap a point, then God help us. Even Rubin Kazan were going for the win yesterday - their home turf I know, but it was against Barca after all. Being positive never hurt anyone, surely not in the second match of a new CL campaign.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 30 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #235

Group Icon

Why don't you and han get a room...and raise a litter of extra cynical acid2503s... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 30 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #236

Berretti

LOL, we may yet, provided Milan doesn't get its act together and we fudge up our group. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But I'm still hopeful, there is still time for the team to get its act together and improve. Sure Allegri is still experimenting with the players and formation for now, so fingers crossed, by the time we get to important fixtures (the derby, Juve, Roma, Madrid), better results will follow.

Like I always say, I'll take a dirty 1-0 win anytime, but it is an empty feeling, one that bites back sooner or later. When a team has soul and direction, it always shows on the pitch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) We are still lacking that, but as I said above, there is still time for all that to shape up.

+Quote Post

nuh
post Sep 30 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #237

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

guys i noticed that every time i log on to this forum milan seem to get into a bad form....so because of this i won't be back till next summer or the christmas break -.-

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 30 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #238

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (nuh @ Sep 30 2010, 03:45 PM) *
guys i noticed that every time i log on to this forum milan seem to get into a bad form....so because of this i won't be back till next summer or the christmas break -.-

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I wish it had something to do with you logging in...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 1 2010, 06:20 AM
Post #239

Group Icon

It all had to do with the bloke above ^^^ opening match threads!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Not your fault nuh!

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Oct 1 2010, 07:15 AM
Post #240

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2010, 11:20 PM) *
It all had to do with the bloke above ^^^ opening match threads!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Not your fault nuh!

(IMG:http://www.calciopro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/allegri-cagliari.jpg)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 11:15 PM