> Serie A - Week 5 - Milan - Cagliari, Date: 26/09/12 Time: 20:45 CET

Zed.D
post Sep 25 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #31

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2012, 09:53 PM) *
We had the best team in Serie A and played like crap for two consecutive years. How do you explain that? Why are we playing like a Serie B team now that Ibra and Thiago are gone? You people seem to forget that we used to play with Ambrosini, Flamini and Gattuso in midfield, and somehow magically won most games. Or that we kept playing Muntari as playmaker, or Emanuelson as trequartista, and all sorts of atrocities. Yet we managed to win one scudetto and lose the next one in the last few weeks. Was Allegri the reason? How come he isn't working his magic now? No, the reason were two players by the names of Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic, respectively the best CB in the world and one of the best, if not the best FW in the world, which managed to turn this team into a winning machine and make Allegri look good. Now that they're gone, we're finally seeing the results of Allegri's pure brilliance: tactical unawareness, poor man-management, zero innovative ideas. His team plays like crap and loses 3 out of 4 games. I don't hate Allegri because he's ugly, I hate him because his flaws and "n00bism" were evident to me from day 1.

How you believe a new (and most probably random) coach will work magic and save us is beyond me. I think we might sink even deeper so might as well stay as we are for now.

Yes Silva and Ibra often (NOT ALWAYS) won us games but every coach has to has that luxury, if they don't their team will play like crap. that fact is right now Milan is devoid of any high quality players (except Pato but he's never fit, and Robinho who tends to have more bad games than good games) and there's not much any coach can do about that. we can and should improve but in the end we're doomed to have a mediocre season where finishing top 3 would be quite an achievement. the sooner you realize that the easier it'll be for you.

And I don't think we played crap football the season we won the Scudetto. IMO we were better than the previous 3 seasons with Leo and Carlo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 25 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #32

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2012, 07:23 PM) *
We had the best team in Serie A and played like crap for two consecutive years. How do you explain that? Why are we playing like a Serie B team now that Ibra and Thiago are gone? You people seem to forget that we used to play with Ambrosini, Flamini and Gattuso in midfield, and somehow magically won most games. Or that we kept playing Muntari as playmaker, or Emanuelson as trequartista, and all sorts of atrocities. Yet we managed to win one scudetto and lose the next one in the last few weeks. Was Allegri the reason? How come he isn't working his magic now? No, the reason were two players by the names of Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic, respectively the best CB in the world and one of the best, if not the best FW in the world, which managed to turn this team into a winning machine and make Allegri look good. Now that they're gone, we're finally seeing the results of Allegri's pure brilliance: tactical unawareness, poor man-management, zero innovative ideas. His team plays like crap and loses 3 out of 4 games. I don't hate Allegri because he's ugly, I hate him because his flaws and "n00bism" were evident to me from day 1.

+2

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 25 2012, 07:43 PM
Post #33

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2012, 06:23 PM) *
We had the best team in Serie A and played like crap for two consecutive years.

You think we had a better squad than Inter in Allegri's first year and a better squad than Juve in Allegri's secnd year? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I've heard it all now.

Funny that you think he was crap from day 1 - considering when we were after him you said it'd be a great appointment.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Sep 25 2012, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Watching Fiorentina playing against Juve makes me want to cry. They have such a great style of football right now thanks to Montella. They show character through their football and are very unlucky not to be leading by 1 or 2 goals right now.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2012, 07:43 PM) *
You think we had a better squad than Inter in Allegri's first year and a better squad than Juve in Allegri's secnd year? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I've heard it all now.

Funny that you think he was crap from day 1 - considering when we were after him you said it'd be a great appointment.

Lol, it's still funny that you think Juve had the better squad last season. Just ridiculous.

We had a decimated sqaud last season and thanks to our star players we still ran Juve until the last few matchdays while they had a combined total of something like 5 injuries all season

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 25 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #36

Primavera
Group Icon

Anyway, I hoped for Fiorentina to pull the win. Got disappointed. Someone's gonna stop them I hope.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 25 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Lol, it's still funny that you think Juve had the better squad last season. Just ridiculous.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2012, 10:37 PM) *
We had a decimated sqaud last season

lol

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2012, 10:35 PM) *
lol

Comparing an entire squad sheet has nothing to do with unforseen injuries which occur during the course of the season. Let's not be petty and try to act like we don't understand basics here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

It's a fact that man for man we had by far the better squad, with the bigger players, game changers, best defender in football better. That's how much we were better than Juve last season.

The fact I mentioned about barely being able to field 11 players on the pitch at one point attests to how strong a squad we had that we could keep up with a Juve team that had all the luck going for it

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 25 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra

You do realise that saying we have a better team in a past tense takes into consideration those unforseen (not sure how they're unforseen as we're talking about the past...) injuries. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2012, 11:12 PM) *
You do realise that saying we have a better team in a past tense takes into consideration those unforseen (not sure how they're unforseen as we're talking about the past...) injuries. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Hindsight and all that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

When we talk about a squad list for a team I'm comparing a list of players that each coach has available to them at the start of the season once the window closes, that is what a squad is after all, and ours was the better team, by far. No matter how you wish to spin it, Juve simply did not have anything close to us last season. Not just strength but quality in depth as well. What coach in Serie A had the luxuries that Allegri did last season?

An injury is an unforseen occurance, at the start of last season could you have predicted that we'd have double figures in terms of players being out at one point or another during the season?

My point was, that the strength of our squad allowed for us to push Juve to the final few days of the season even when we couldn't field our best 11 for the majority of the season while Juve had the opposite as they always fielded their best 11 throughout the season, not to mention the CL games we had to play on top of all that.

Allegri had many riches last season, losing out on the Scudetto was in-part down to these injuries.

But once again, man for man, we were the better team

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 25 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 26 2012, 12:21 AM) *
Hindsight and all that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Yes. Judging a season generally involves hindsight. How else are you meant to judge. What a weird thing to say. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 26 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #42

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 25 2012, 09:23 PM) *
How you believe a new (and most probably random) coach will work magic and save us is beyond me. I think we might sink even deeper so might as well stay as we are for now.

Yes Silva and Ibra often (NOT ALWAYS) won us games but every coach has to has that luxury, if they don't their team will play like crap. that fact is right now Milan is devoid of any high quality players (except Pato but he's never fit, and Robinho who tends to have more bad games than good games) and there's not much any coach can do about that. we can and should improve but in the end we're doomed to have a mediocre season where finishing top 3 would be quite an achievement. the sooner you realize that the easier it'll be for you.

And I don't think we played crap football the season we won the Scudetto. IMO we were better than the previous 3 seasons with Leo and Carlo.

You guys speak as if we have this horrendous, Serie B team right now. No! We might not have any champions left, but we have plenty of quality players at disposal. Have you seen Fiorentina play this season? They don't have any world beaters either, just some average and a few quality players, yet they play a fluid and well-organized football. But most of all, as han mentioned, they show character. They have grit and determination, and that's enough to make the difference in this game. Can we say the same about our team? Nope. We don't even have a plan to begin with! Watching us play is worse than peeling onions. Hell, men for men, even Napoli don't have a better team than us! Lazio neither. And neither of the teams we've faced and lost to. Something's very wrong with our squad, and a change in tactics and mentality becomes vital at this point if we want to salvage anything from this season. However, watching how Allegri presents his squad every Sunday, with the same old bullshit over and over again, clearly indicates that he's not the man for the job.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2012, 09:43 PM) *

Great appointment? Not really. I had my doubts about the guy, but considering what he had done with Cagliari the past two seasons gave me some confidence. However, it didn't take long before I realized what a mediocre coach he really is. My 'anti-Allegri' avatar dates back from his first season with us, y'know.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 26 2012, 02:11 AM
Post #43

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 24 2012, 04:46 PM) *
I see where your coming from .. I would like nothing better than a gradual improvement in our results. If Allegri is still coach, then thumbs up to him.

Much of our stuttering start falls on the shoulders of Allegri. Obviously he is the easiest person to target, and I don't blame the 'fans' for singling him out. As it is his job to make a team out of this squad.

Yet I do beg to question, what if this team isn't up to the task of finishing 3rd or 4th?

But I definitely don't agree with han's insight of wishing us more damage, after-all, with or without Allegri Milan's fate is destined to have a rough season.

+1

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Sep 26 2012, 04:25 AM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 24 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Yet I do beg to question, what if this team isn't up to the task of finishing 3rd or 4th?

On paper the team is at a level where it should be able to achieve that. The quality has dropped form last year for sure, but we are not worse than Samp, Atalanta, Udinese, or even Fiorentina. Yet the results so far tell a different story. Why?

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 26 2012, 01:09 AM) *
You guys speak as if we have this horrendous, Serie B team right now. No! We might not have any champions left, but we have plenty of quality players at disposal. Have you seen Fiorentina play this season? They don't have any world beaters either, just some average and a few quality players, yet they play a fluid and well-organized football. But most of all, as han mentioned, they show character. They have grit and determination, and that's enough to make the difference in this game. Can we say the same about our team? Nope. We don't even have a plan to begin with! Watching us play is worse than peeling onions. Hell, men for men, even Napoli don't have a better team than us! Lazio neither. And neither of the teams we've faced and lost to. Something's very wrong with our squad, and a change in tactics and mentality becomes vital at this point if we want to salvage anything from this season. However, watching how Allegri presents his squad every Sunday, with the same old bullshit over and over again, clearly indicates that he's not the man for the job.

+1

Time for a change, and that is not going to happen while we keep Allegri.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 26 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

Indeed.

This should be Allegri's last chance. No coach survive at start of 1 win out of 6 matches.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:12 AM