Zed.D
post Feb 21 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #61

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 20 2010, 09:21 PM) *
Now that's the catch ainnit?

I don't think your friend Mooney said something along the lines of , 'Oh I beg your pardon good sir, but I must insist you take that last statement back!'. In fact he probably went along the lines of what his surname seems to suggest.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 24 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #62

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 20 2010, 05:51 PM) *
Now that's the catch ainnit?

I don't think your friend Mooney said something along the lines of , 'Oh I beg your pardon good sir, but I must insist you take that last statement back!'. In fact he probably went along the lines of what his surname seems to suggest.

I agree he most certainly didn't say anything polite to the ref, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't either if my goals were disallowed due to my nationality. Mooney is far from 'my friend' either, I'd disallow all of his goals just for being him.

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Feb 20 2010, 07:11 PM) *
Perhaps they don't go abroad because they aren't good enough? Saying they don't go because of the treatment one player received in one game doesn't necessarily mean anything IMO.

I think you'd be surprised at how big a factor nationality is. I also disagree with the 'good enough' claim, I hardly think Rooney plays in England because he isn't good enough to play for Malaga.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Feb 24 2010, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 24 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #63

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 25 2010, 12:39 AM) *
I think you'd be surprised at how big a factor nationality is. I also disagree with the 'good enough' claim, I hardly think Rooney plays in England because he isn't good enough to play for Malaga.

That's a weird argument. Doesn't make much sense...if you bring the best players into it. I could conversely argue Zidane never played in England therefore none of the clubs in England are good enough for Zidane.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 24 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #64

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 24 2010, 07:40 PM) *
That's a weird argument. Doesn't make much sense...if you bring the best players into it. I could conversely argue Zidane never played in England therefore none of the clubs in England are good enough for Zidane.

It's not my arguement, it's what I_Ross was suggesting. I think it's ridiculous, hencemy Rooney-Malaga comment.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 24 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #65

Group Icon

Well maybe they're not good enough could be replaced by they're not suited to.

Pennant sucks @$$ in Spain, yet he was considered average-above average in England. Sheva was God in Italy, yet he flopped miserably in England.

Santiago Munez needed asthma treatments and lots of gym work before he could even complete 90 minutes for Newcastle. He was so good in fact that they sold him to Madrid along with Gavin Harris.

Secondly, you claimed you would badmouth the ref if your goals were disallowed due to nationality....which is implying that the Spaniard never gets a goal disallowed in the La Liga. Not true.

The ref says (allegedly) "You English, all you do is foul!"...which means the goal was disallowed coz he fouled and not coz he was English. And considering the amount of English a Spaniard (or Spanish an Englishman) would know a, I can probably imagine that when he said, "You English", he meant "You Englishman".

Besides from your opinion on Mooney, I don't think he's the type whose jersey is pristine clean when he comes off the field.

Lastly, Owen and BEcks...two players who didn't have any problems with the refs in England.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 24 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #66

Prima Squadra

Becks had problems wioth refs in Spain. I think the refs are the main reason to be honest, but not because they dislike a particular nationality. It's always why I don't think England will win the World Cup in my life time, we're allowed to get away with more in terms of physicality over here than we would elsewhere.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 25 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #67

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 25 2010, 12:25 AM) *
The ref says (allegedly) "You English, all you do is foul!"...which means the goal was disallowed coz he fouled and not coz he was English. And considering the amount of English a Spaniard (or Spanish an Englishman) would know a, I can probably imagine that when he said, "You English", he meant "You Englishman".

Exactly what I thought.
It's "you [or 'hey'] Englishman! all you do is foul". I can imagine it being said in a friendly way even.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Feb 25 2010, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 21 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #68

Prima Squadra

Anybody know what the deal is with Juve's attendances? I was looking at some attendance figues and such and I noticed they have a lower average attendance than sha and Hull!? There's some commentary on FIFA10 that suggests the reason the fans don't go is because the stadium is horrible or something, but I just can't see that being the reason. Anyone know why? Just over 20k average is horrible for a regular CL team.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 21 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

Their performance for one. Second, they're not playing at their old stadium. It's some temporary arrangement till the new one comes up.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 21 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #70

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 21 2010, 01:49 PM) *
Their performance for one. Second, they're not playing at their old stadium. It's some temporary arrangement till the new one comes up.

Ah that makes sense. Though their poor attendance figures seem to go back a few years, even when they were in the SDA and winning titles.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Mar 21 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #71

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

Juventus aren't the "team" of Turin. That's Torino. Juve have more supporters in the south of Italy, I think they actually had more fans at Palermo-Juventus than Juventus-Palermo this season, or something like that.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Mar 21 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #72

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

The Olimpico in Turin is a small stadium and seats...prolly not more than 30k tops anyway. And, well, what Jack said. They've got more fans outside Turin than inside.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Mar 21 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #73

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Mar 21 2010, 03:23 PM) *
The Olimpico in Turin is a small stadium and seats...prolly not more than 30k tops anyway. And, well, what Jack said. They've got more fans outside Turin than inside.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Mar 21 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #74

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Oops? I'm a hungover fish, sorry Locke! Went out nightclubbing last night and only had time for a nap in my bowl before the game!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 21 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #75

Group Icon

OOOOOOHHH!! Was the guy cute? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

60 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:27 AM