> Drobga looks to leave Chelsea- Milan linked

jbryant1
post Jun 30 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Esordienti A 95

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 874

Drogba Drops Exit Bomb On Chelsea

Didier Drogba will have worried the Chelsea camp with his comment that he is considering a move away from the Premiership.
Drogba Drops Exit Bomb On Chelsea
goal.com

The Ivorian has been linked with a move to Milan, and has himself flirted with the Rossoneri in the past.

The links had gone quiet for a few weeks, but seem to have resurfaced following some surprising comments from the striker.

Drogba reveals that he is at a crossroads, and is seriously condering a move outside England, so much so that he does not know what could happen next week.

"You want to know if I will still return to Chelsea? I will reply to that when I am ready," he told The Sun.

"For now I am having a deserved vacation."

"I love the English league and may not be in a hurry to leave England if you insist," he continued.

"But it's difficult to really predict what I want to do in the next week.

"I have been working hard and would love to win the Champions League with Chelsea.

"But, for now, let's just wait and see. I'm at the last big turning point of my career.

"It's time for one final big choice: 'Should I stay or should I go?'

"I am tempted to discover another world and to see what footballing life is like outside England."

The news will be welcomed in Milan, as much as it will worry the Stamford Bridge bosses, who are looking for a very quiet summer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 30 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

He just trying to squeeze a better contract fom Chelsea IMO. Like Trezeguet did with Juve.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 30 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

But Drogbas departure is a story active since last year,...I really think he wants to leave, and we should make that to our advantage,..

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jun 30 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #4

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 30 2007, 07:33 PM)
He just trying to squeeze a better contract fom Chelsea IMO. Like Trezeguet did with Juve.

Ditto.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 30 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Drogba's current deal expires in 2010, Chelsea will not be bullied into giving him a new one while he still has three years to run. The earliest he'll possibly get one is the start of next season, if he's lucky. It's more likely that they'll wait until 2009 and offer him one then, or sell up.

So if he wants a better contract, he'll have to leave.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 30 2007, 08:59 PM

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 30 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 30 2007, 10:33 PM)
Drogba's current deal expires in 2010, Chelsea will not be bullied into giving him a new one while he still has three years to run. The earliest he'll possibly get one is the start of next season, if he's lucky. It's more likely that they'll wait until 2009 and offer him one then, or sell up.

So if he wants a better contract, he'll have to leave.

It doesn't matter if he has contract until 2010. He had the best year of his career, he's 29 and think he deserves more money. Big clubs often renew early with their stars. Kaka has a contract until 2011 and soon it will be until 2012.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 30 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 30 2007, 09:54 PM)
It doesn't matter if he has contract until 2010. He had the best year of his career, he's 29 and think he deserves more money. Big clubs often renew early with their stars. Kaka has a contract until 2011 and soon it will be until 2012.

Different teams work differently.

Gallas demanded a transfer, they wouldn't let him go as he had 3 years left on his contract, he played for 2 more years, when he didn't even want to be there. When he had a year left on his contract he wanted more money, they refused and sold him.

Chelsea take a tough stance on things like that, even with the money they have. Maybe they'll make an exception for Didier, I don't know.

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 30 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #8

Allievi Regionali B

Gallas isn't Drogba. Gallas wasn't critical for the team. There is a big difference.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 30 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 30 2007, 10:48 PM)
Gallas isn't Drogba. Gallas wasn't critical for the team. There is a big difference.

It won't make a difference. The same happened to Tore Flo when he was there top scorer, same goes for Hasselbaink. Chelsea have never been like that.

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 30 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 1 2007, 01:53 AM)
It won't make a difference. The same happened to Tore Flo when he was there top scorer, same goes for Hasselbaink. Chelsea have never been like that.

That was in the dark age before Abramovich showed them the light (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jul 1 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #11

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (jbryant)
"You want to know if I will still return to Chelsea? I will reply to that when I am ready," he told The Sun.

"For now I am having a deserved vacation."

"I love the English league and may not be in a hurry to leave England if you insist," he continued.

"But it's difficult to really predict what I want to do in the next week.

"I have been working hard and would love to win the Champions League with Chelsea.

"But, for now, let's just wait and see. I'm at the last big turning point of my career.

"It's time for one final big choice: 'Should I stay or should I go?'

"I am tempted to discover another world and to see what footballing life is like outside England."

Yawn. Nothing more than empty-threat player-speak for "I want a huge contract that'll pay me up the wazoo," as someone earlier suggested. Not too long ago, Buffon was pulling the same schtick.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 1 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #12

Prima Squadra

Didier Drogba has rejected rumours that he could leave Chelsea this summer.

The striker's future has been the subject of conjecture this summer with Milan reported to be lining up a move for his signature.

Drogba has also cast doubt over his long-term future at Stamford Bridge by suggesting he would like to play in another league before he finishes his career.

However, last season's top goalscorer insists he is committed to Chelsea and is focused on helping them regain the Premier League title from Manchester United this year.

"Each summer there is speculation about my exit to other big clubs but I tell you this is not true," Drogba told the News of the World.

"Chelsea is my destiny today and I do not want the adventure to change.

"Milan? What a good club, they are champions of Europe. But I have spoken to nobody.

"I only know what I read in the press but there is no problem with my contract with Chelsea.

"My deal is clear and no bother to me."

Drogba also welcomed Thierry Henry's departure from Arsenal as he says it leaves Chelsea with one less rival to contend with for the title.

"The exit of Henry to Barcelona is good news for us - it means that there is one less rival in Chelsea's way," continued Drogba.

"And Arsenal have a serious problem because Henry's absence is a very complicated issue to resolve.

"For us this one rare change means it will be Chelsea and United fighting for the Premiership again."

Sky Sports

Like I said, Chelsea will NOT change for anybody. Lampard and Terry, the faces of Chelsea, are trying push for bigger contracts and aren't getting it. Drogba would have no hope, especially with 3 years left.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 1 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Is he kidding us? He created the speculation himself! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:37 AM