Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 12 - Inter - Milan, Date: 14/11/10 Time: 20:45 CET

vnata001
post Nov 16 2010, 02:10 AM
Post #421

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,681

I agree with many of the things Han has said following the match regarding preferred lineups, and Materazzi's role in our victory, but it is this comment...
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 15 2010, 12:58 PM) *
I don't care how we played. kudos to Max and the team. each one of them, even Rino and Abate!

...that resonates with me the most.

All i know is that Ambrosini, Nesta, and Thiago Silva embodied why i love this club - I'll never forget their performances on this night. Around the 80th minute, I texted a friend of mine: 'Even if we concede at this point, this will go down as one of the most awe-inspiring defensive efforts I've seen.'

I know it was a weak Inter, and I know there were lots of ways (han's mentioned them) as to how we could've messed the match up from a tactical point of view. But Milan showed us something that we have not seen from them in a long time. They showed a heart, passion, intensity, and a refusal to cave in to the opposition momentum. We were unphased, and united around one goal. The unrelenting will to win that has been absent from the team in quite some time. I saw it in every single one of our players. We were neither apprehensive, nor afraid, nor playing with a sense of entitlement that we have seen plague our team over the last 3 years. In terms of mentality, we may have witnessed a turning point in our squad. And when mentality is there, no matter what the tactics are, there is always the possibility to over achieve.

Proud to be a Rossonero.

This post has been edited by vnata001: Nov 16 2010, 02:14 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 16 2010, 05:07 AM
Post #422

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Darn tootin' right. Ambro was out there to show why he's captain. And Pirlo's push on Abate to tell him to STFU. Yup..that's why my homeboy is vice cap. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #423

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (vnata001 @ Nov 16 2010, 02:10 AM) *
I agree with many of the things Han has said following the match regarding preferred lineups, and Materazzi's role in our victory, but it is this comment...

...that resonates with me the most.

All i know is that Ambrosini, Nesta, and Thiago Silva embodied why i love this club - I'll never forget their performances on this night. Around the 80th minute, I texted a friend of mine: 'Even if we concede at this point, this will go down as one of the most awe-inspiring defensive efforts I've seen.'

I know it was a weak Inter, and I know there were lots of ways (han's mentioned them) as to how we could've messed the match up from a tactical point of view. But Milan showed us something that we have not seen from them in a long time. They showed a heart, passion, intensity, and a refusal to cave in to the opposition momentum. We were unphased, and united around one goal. The unrelenting will to win that has been absent from the team in quite some time. I saw it in every single one of our players. We were neither apprehensive, nor afraid, nor playing with a sense of entitlement that we have seen plague our team over the last 3 years. In terms of mentality, we may have witnessed a turning point in our squad. And when mentality is there, no matter what the tactics are, there is always the possibility to over achieve.

Proud to be a Rossonero.

100% agree with you. My comments regarding what I saw wrong with the team were just that, in fact my only gripe was with Rino in the first half. Aside from that the players and Allegri made me proud to be a Milan fan, and I haven't seen us play like that in years. Imo Allegri made the perfect subs out there, aside from the Antonini Abate debacle, but once we went down he really made the right decisions, as well as taking Rino off after the break who was a huge liability the entire game.

After the game I was extatic, but I watched the raplay of the game yesterday and after all that has faded away you can notice what needs to be improved upon with a clear mind. During the actual game all I was thinking was "hold on, hold on, hold on"

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 27 28 29
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:41 AM