Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 20/02/07 - CL - Celtic v Milan

HasanHasanly
post Feb 21 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #391

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 476

QUOTE (redbabies @ Feb 21 2007, 02:56 AM)
tell me a performance in 2007 better than this one?

There Are More TO COME (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 21 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #392

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 21 2007, 12:14 PM)
My ratings:
9 - Kaka : Fast, presice and above all, he accumilates to 80% of our attacking prowness.

I'm one of the biggest Kaka fans about but I really don't think for him he played brilliantly last night, a few good runs here and there but it wasn't up to the usual Majestic Brazilian's standards.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 21 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #393

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Feb 21 2007, 03:53 PM)
I'm one of the biggest Kaka fans about but I really don't think for him he played brilliantly last night, a few good runs here and there but it wasn't up to the usual Majestic Brazilian's standards.

It wasnt the best of Kaka, yes .. But his presence and movement in out midfield help the ball move faster and because of him we played with intelligence and a highly technical game up front. If only he had R99 or S7 or someone who could motivate him by scoring for a change (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Then u'd see him doing the impossible (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Feb 21 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #394

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

My Ratings

Kalac - 7 - Didn't really have much to do, but when called upon he seemed safe and secure

Oddo - 7 - Didn't track forward, as much as i would have like but did his defensive duties so that makes up for it

Janku - 7 - Some nice runs, was good in defense

Maldini - 7 Played well, controlled his line, but a few astray passes let him down and prevented an 8

Kaldaze - 6.5 - Did his job which was to defend, did look a bit rusty at times

Gourcuff - 7 - Nice touches and passing improves everytime i see him, perhaps could have done better for the header, but he is young and still learning

Gattuso - 7 - Roamed about and generally menaced the celtic midfield

Pirlo - 7 - Very good passing, although im not surprised considering its Pirlo. He seems to be unsually calm when he has the ball especially near the box, but luckily enough he managed to recover

Ambrosini - 6 - Didnt play too well, but he did break up the play, but his first touch let him down on a few occasions, passing was not always great and shooting was horrific. I hope he can manage to improve his performance levels

Kaka - 8.5 - By far the best player on the pitch, Intelligent passing, always running into space, unsettling the defenders.

Gilardino - 7 - Played a relatively good game although as mentioned before his first touch did let him down sometimes other than that he played well. But maybe he needs another striker to run off to play his best as when sheva was here

Subs NR

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 21 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #395

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

A few points I would like to make.

First of all, the Gila dive, I personally think that he was pushed a bit when he was trying to round the keeper and lost balance, but he tried to make something out of it with one of the worst over reactions I've ever seen. If he was really intending to dive from the first place he would have gone down when he was actually touched.

About Kaka, I don't this wasn't his best performance just flashes here and there, with some inspired passes and runs at times, his shooting left something to be desired also. But those flashes are coming more often in a game and by the time the return match comes along he will be back in full swing.

Gila's performance - I thought he was pretty great, his movements where great, exactly what a lone striker should be doing. He wasn't static like he has been in every match he has been when playing next to Pippo or alone upfront. His finishing was bad but that was a really great save from the keeper in the first half to deny him the opener. His first touch was also off. I think this was mainly Carlo's fault for going with him instead of the 100% fit Oli, starting with the player that was struggling for fitness until the last minute is not such a good idea imo.

Yoann was simply great, great passes, great dribbling. At one point he dribbled past 3 Celtic players. That was really great to see. And especially for such a young kid in a CL KO.

Pirlo was immense especially when COMPARING this performance to the ones he's put out all season, but it wasn't even 75% of what he can do, I hope he is regaining his form slowly, he was good against Siena also so maybe this is Pirlo coming off the moon finally.

Ambro and Rino where great, but I think Seedorf woulf have done better in Ambro's position, as I said in a previous post for some reason Ambro was getting balls in acres of space where he could put in a good shot. If Seedorf had those chances he would have put them in. Plus he last the ball a couple of times when we where building some momentum in midfield.

The defence was great today and finally played like a Unit. Oddo I thought was amazing in defence.

Lastly, Carlo, I thought he got it just right, he analised Celtic and knew that if you cut off their wings (Nakamura and McGeady) they have nothing, everytime they managed to feed the ball to their wide men we double teamed them and got the ball back. The midfield was pretty amazing also, probably the best match they played this season. We might not have gone out gung ho for the goal but we played the game just right, keep the ball, shut their fans up and create CLEVER chances, which we did, too bad the finishing wasn't there.

This post has been edited by han2503: Feb 21 2007, 04:01 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 22 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #396

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 21 2007, 02:14 PM)
6 - Janku

9 - Kaka

This is so unbelievably biased! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 22 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #397

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 21 2007, 05:58 PM)
A few points I would like to make.

First of all, the Gila dive, I personally think that he was pushed a bit when he was trying to round the keeper and lost balance, but he tried to make something out of it with one of the worst over reactions I've ever seen. If he was really intending to dive from the first place he would have gone down when he was actually touched.

About Kaka, I don't this wasn't his best performance just flashes here and there, with some inspired passes and runs at times, his shooting left something to be desired also. But those flashes are coming more often in a game and by the time the return match comes along he will be back in full swing.

Gila's performance - I thought he was pretty great, his movements where great, exactly what a lone striker should be doing. He wasn't static like he has been in every match he has been when playing next to Pippo or alone upfront. His finishing was bad but that was a really great save from the keeper in the first half to deny him the opener. His first touch was also off. I think this was mainly Carlo's fault for going with him instead of the 100% fit Oli, starting with the player that was struggling for fitness until the last minute is not such a good idea imo.

Yoann was simply great, great passes, great dribbling. At one point he dribbled past 3 Celtic players. That was really great to see. And especially for such a young kid in a CL KO.

Pirlo was immense especially when COMPARING this performance to the ones he's put out all season, but it wasn't even 75% of what he can do, I hope he is regaining his form slowly, he was good against Siena also so maybe this is Pirlo coming off the moon finally.

Ambro and Rino where great, but I think Seedorf woulf have done better in Ambro's position, as I said in a previous post for some reason Ambro was getting balls in acres of space where he could put in a good shot. If Seedorf had those chances he would have put them in. Plus he last the ball a couple of times when we where building some momentum in midfield.

The defence was great today and finally played like a Unit. Oddo I thought was amazing in defence.

Lastly, Carlo, I thought he got it just right, he analised Celtic and knew that if you cut off their wings (Nakamura and McGeady) they have nothing, everytime they managed to feed the ball to their wide men we double teamed them and got the ball back. The midfield was pretty amazing also, probably the best match they played this season. We might not have gone out gung ho for the goal but we played the game just right, keep the ball, shut their fans up and create CLEVER chances, which we did, too bad the finishing wasn't there.

About that ? Can u please explain to me why Gilardino was not responsible for that ?! Cuz it seemed like the whole team played superbly, but Gila f@cked up everything

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 22 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #398

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 21 2007, 06:13 PM)
About that ? Can u please explain to me why Gilardino was not responsible for that ?! Cuz it seemed like the whole team played superbly, but Gila f@cked up everything

No no! He works a lot for the team and uses his foot to shoot the ball when he has a chance and it's ok if he misses because he is our little Gilardino... The club's actual mascot... He is moma's boy...

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Feb 22 2007, 04:39 AM
Post #399

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

He just needs a partner to relieve some of the stress off of him. Its really hard when you are a lone striker playing in a very important match. He dived cause he knew he wouldn't reach the ball, and basically he had zero confidence. After playing a whole game and not scoring, as a striker, you no longer want to play. I know how he feels, its a really sh!tty feeling. I think the midfield should have took action more. If a lone striker system is to work, the midfield needs to supply shots and nice crosses which, there were very few of. Kaka played alright; not what i had expected. I'd give him a 6.5 rating. He was an attacking mid in our formation for the game and he should have shot more and proved to be more dangerous, but he didn't.

But don't worry guys, at san siro we'll have a larger advantage than they do. After all we came for the draw not to win the match. Most people thought we were gonna get killed and we didn't; we looked better than celtic. Looks like they didn't do there homework properly and underestimated milan a little bit. I'm glad we didnt win this game, because it would give our team a big head and maybe damage us in the long run. By having a tie, everyone knows if they don't give a 110% their playing time will be hurt. Gila is gonna learn that the hard way, and so will the midfield(excluding kaka).

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Feb 22 2007, 04:43 AM

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Feb 22 2007, 05:05 AM
Post #400

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 21 2007, 07:13 PM)

OF course we all judge players differently and when watching milan play we all know what each player can offer. with that in mind i think we rate each player based on certain criteria and each one of us has his/hers perception of how to rate players. When i watch GIla and rate his performance each match i look for 2 main things: Effort (generally i looked for that in each player) and finishing ( i think that reasonable considering he is supposed to be a finisher). In gilas case the effort was there against celtic but the finishing wasnt.( i expected him to score at least once with the chances he had) So what can i say? in my opinion he dint play well because his role is to score and witht he chances he was given he dint play well enough. lets say 2nd leg, celtic play us tight and we dont get a lot of chances and we dont score and celtic pull off a win. then we would all look back to this game and say why dint we win? or how come we dint get any crucial away goals? well i'd have to say gila missed his chances.

This post has been edited by bigmacmtl: Feb 22 2007, 07:58 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Feb 22 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #401

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Feb 21 2007, 10:05 PM)
OF course we all judge players differently and when watching milan play we all know what each player can offer. with that in mind i think we rate each player based on certain criteria and each one of us has his/hers perception of how to rate players. When i watch GIla and rate his performance each match i look for 2 main things: Effort (generally i looked for that in each player) and finishing ( i think that reasonable considering he is support to be a finisher). In gilas case the effort was  there against celtic but the finishing wasnt.( i expected him to score at least once with the chances he had) So what can i say? in my opinion he dint play because his role is to score and witht he chances he was given he dint play well enough. lets say 2nd leg, celtic play us tight and we dont get a lot of chances and we dont score and celtic pull off a win. then we would all look back to this game and say why dint we win? or how come we dint get any crucial away goals? well i'd have to say gila missed his chances.

yeah agree 100%

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Feb 22 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #402

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 22 2007, 12:51 AM)
yeah agree 100%

hehe canuck agreeing with canuck (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 22 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #403

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2007, 03:03 AM)

Ofcourse I'm biased (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 22 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #404

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2007, 01:03 AM)

Hmmm yeah. I think Janku had a great match. He and Oddo were rock solid in defense and were also pushing a lot on the flanks. Both deserved a 6.5/7 rating IMO. As for Kakà, even though he was elected MOM, a 9 rating is exaggerated. Something like 7 would have been much better.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 22 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #405

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 22 2007, 12:13 AM)

Never said he wasn't resposible for the bad finishing, although the first chance he got was destined for the coner of the net of not for the Keeper's trailing leg. Other then that I think it was more his first touch that was bad rather then the finishing, he had 3 shots in the match 2 were on target the other off. Our midfield was mostly trying to chip balls to him, but I think Gila would be much more useful if you played the ball to his head, but our fullbacks didn't push up much. As I said before Carlo made 1 mistake in this match and that was fielding Gila who was struggling for fitness until the last minute instead of playing Oli who seems to getting into form by each passing game.

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 22 2007, 03:39 AM)
But don't worry guys, at san siro we'll have a larger advantage than they do.  After all we came for the draw not to win the match.  Most people thought we were gonna get killed and we didn't; we looked better than celtic.  Looks like they didn't do there homework properly and underestimated milan a little bit.  I'm glad we didnt win this game, because it would give our team a big head and maybe damage us in the long run.  By having a tie, everyone knows if they don't give a 110% their playing time will be hurt.  Gila is gonna learn that the hard way, and so will the midfield(excluding kaka).

Exactly.

Even though I believe we mostly played them off the park for mist of the time and deserved to win it at least by 2 goals. Looking back on Gila's chance in the first half I think the angle was very difficuilt and the keeper made it even more difficuilt when he came out, Gila should have squared it to the onrushing Kaka rather then try the shot.

As for the game in the San Siro we will play our usual game and I think if we do that and play with 2 strikers we will blow them away. I think we missed Seedorf, Ambro was good in defence but was breaking up whatever momentum we where picking up in midfield. Also I think their defence won't be able to handle 2 strikers. They where barely hanging on trying to keep Gila quite who isn't the most mobile of strikers. Oli and Inzaghi would open them wide open

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 05:24 PM