> Milan - Juventus --- 10/5/2009

Locke Lamora
post May 11 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #331

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 11 2009, 07:19 PM) *
Please, oh eloquent one, can tell me where either I or Zed or anyone else on here for that matter have said anything about the 'dark ages coming to us like a steam train' or 'there's no hope for Milan anymore' or even 'the club is fu*ked'? It seems to me that if anyone dares criticize on here they are deemed non supporters/fans. If I didn't care about Milan I would probably stay quiet and think management are doing a great job, but I do care and if I feel that management are not doing a good job then I will say so, whether others on here like it or not.

Oh and before you start all the 'I have been through all the lows before' I have with Milan as well, doesn't mean to say I have to agree with it though.

Oh shove off, those were Tennie's words.
It seems the examples you requested have already been provided by other members, and so I'll simply point to the fact that the "Apocalypse Now" faction here were still cursing Galliani and his Old Champions fetish, lamenting the impending arrival of Cannavaro, and this happened AFTER Cannavaro had been through medicals in Turin.
That attitude is, in so many words, EXACTLY what I'm fed up with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 11 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #332

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

This season is a failure?

Okay, one of the most decorated team in Europe might not have brought in silverware this season. Which is unacceptable, considering the status of the club and the ambitions of the board.

That said, there have been introductions to this team with the likes of Pato, Beckham and Flamini bolstering the midfield and attack. Additions of an attacker and a defender have already been made and they have yet to be played; Borriello and Thiago Silva. During the summer, I can see Milan further strengthening the squad, but not in the lines of “overhauling” as there is a solid foundation in midfield.

The club has always aspired to be on top and it has reached that status with history backing it up 100%.

I wont forget what one United fan was telling me the other day at work, while discussing the Champions League and United’s flight to success in that competition, he referred to the game at San Siro, that he was so confident in United beating this old team called Milan and only in the first five minutes of the game, he saw (and I quote) ‘the character of a team, not old and not young, but a champion team. ‘

Since then, Milan has gone through turbulent times, due mostly to Calciopoli, the recession in Italy during 2007 and early 2008, then a global credit crisis. Throughout all this, Milan stands today 2nd in Serie A, with only a mere 7 points separating it from 1st place. That, and considering where the team has come from both this season and last season, I’d say the future is bright.

Milan has always been protagonists -pre-calciopoli- both in Serie A and the Champions, and if it is safe to say the turbulent times had passed, then Milan should be challenging for top honors in the foreseeable future.

p.s. Enough of all this .. We are all here to cheer on one team. Not a few weeks ago everyone was ecstatic at overtaking Juve in 2nd. Enjoy this moment and then enjoy the summer, cuz that is all we can do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 11 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #333

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 11 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Please, oh eloquent one, can tell me where either I or Zed or anyone else on here for that matter have said anything about the 'dark ages coming to us like a steam train' or 'there's no hope for Milan anymore' or even 'the club is fu*ked'? It seems to me that if anyone dares criticize on here they are deemed non supporters/fans. If I didn't care about Milan I would probably stay quiet and think management are doing a great job, but I do care and if I feel that management are not doing a good job then I will say so, whether others on here like it or not.

Oh and before you start all the 'I have been through all the lows before' I have with Milan as well, doesn't mean to say I have to agree with it though.

+1

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 11 2009, 10:48 PM) *
The part I bolded out is what I think got us into this 'mess' in the first place.

Getting the quick fixes instead of buying players that are adequate replacement for what we're losing.

We all knew at some point that a time when most of our starters would be at the end of their carreers, but all we did is buy the Favalli's the Ronaldo's, etc until we came to this point were the team needs a massive overhaul.

These 'quick fixes' is our biggest problem, now look at what we're facing this summer. Maldini retiring, with Nesta having the same strength as glass.

Favalli, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambro, Pippo, Sheva, Janku, Zambro etc all eihter in their late 30s or approaching mid 30s.

I mean what are we going to do in the summer, reniew with all these players for another 5 years and say we're covered? And to top it off go around Serie A and buy a few 30+ player and then fly over to Brazil and bring in some kids that are never going to get a look in because ther're either really not good enough or Carlo doesn;t trust them?

Because this is what we've been doing, and to tell you the truth I'm pretty terrified of what this summer holds for us. Are we really saying here that our only think to look forward to (if you see it that way that is) is to wait for Beckham's return from the Galaxy far far away to make us some endorsment money?

I'm not going to judge and say we're going to be humiliated in the CL next season and all that, I'll wait until I see what happens in the summer and how the management will adress some of the serious issues that we are facing and then I will make a judgment. But as you can see from my post I am fairly worried of what the future holds, because something tells me that if we keep going the way we are, we might find ourselves in a worse situation then we were in this season.

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 11 2009, 10:59 PM) *
Wo would you really keep from the current crop if it was actually up to you?

Personally I'm with zeddie on this one. I think few of our current squad players deserve the Milan shirt and are of the right standard to wear it.

I don't think Barca were ever miles behind Real, they always had the squad and the talent to beat Real anytime. It was the internal struggles with the coach and players that were the problem, their management acted on it quickly and but their losses, they removed the players that were problematic and changed coach and look where they are now.

I think they're a great example of how a management can be both pro-active and re-active. They immediately addressed their issues, not like our management who have been dilly-dallying around ours for years now. This isn't some new situation we're finding ourselves in, let's be realistic now, we have been here for 3 years and we are still paddling through the mud with no solution in sight.

If you want to just forget what we've been doing the entire season, then sure look at it from that pov. But looking at the entire picture, we certainly don't desrve second.

You know what I really found amusing yesterday?

A player playing so bad that he wouldn't even be picked for an ametour Sunday league, still stays on the pitch for nearly all of the 90 minutes. That was the most amusing thing. Carlo's decision to field Seedorf was a big mistake imo. And sure he scored but I would bet that had he not been on the pitch from the start we would have managed to score more then once. He was simply appaling yesterday, and personally I find it hurtful to see a player who doesn't give a cr@p still wearing the shirt and playing for Milan every week.

Han the man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) took the words right out of my mouth. I accept that maybe I indulged in criticizing, I was so frustrated about the whole game and the result and shouldn't have made posts in the heat of the moment. but your posts sum up what I've been trying to say here. agree with every bit of it.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 11 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #334

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 11 2009, 08:54 PM) *
Han the man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) took the words right out of my mouth. I accept that maybe I indulged in criticizing, I was so frustrated about the whole game and the result and shouldn't have made posts in the heat of the moment. but your posts sum up what I've been trying to say here. agree with every bit of it.

Agreed, we all say things in the heat of the moment after matches, but I do think that we need to let them be just that. I'm not criticising either you or Tennie, because I can see from where both of you are coming from. But we shouldn't make a meal of what is said in match threads after dissapointing matches. It only leads to arguments that keep going in circle. And I'm not sinling either of you out, because I have been guilty of doing this on more then one occasion.

@R7

I think it's high time we stopped using caciopoli as an excuse for everything, it's our faults we were involved in the entire mess and we have to deal with it. Same thing goes for the recession, it's not only Milan that went through it, it's every club out there.

Man U Milan in 07, is a game that brings goose bumps to my skin just thinking about it, but it's in the past, and that is the last time I saw Milan play like champions.

And sure we have history, but to simply just sit on our laurels and everytime we screw up we say we don't care, we have history, we're the most titled club in the world (not true anymore, but funny enough it's still being printed on the the damn shirts) and blah blah and not doing anything about the situation we've out ourselves in. This has been one of Milan's biggest problems, anytime things go wrong you here the usual thing, we're fine as we are, we're still the most titled club in the world, I'm sorry but that does not erase the fact that we were so bad in the league last season that we couldn't compete with Fiorentina for 4th. The reason for that being the squad that has been declining at a rapid pace, not being able to compete with Inter, Juve and Roma, it's all a vicous cycle, a lot of people here saw this coming 2 seasons ago, but the reply of most was, no we still have the best midfield in the world, we're a club rich in history, we don't need to change anything and so on. This attitude has really cost us in the end.

When it comes to tresults, nobody cares what the club has won in the past, sure it's a nice thing to have but the most important thing is maintianing the club's competitiveness, and Milan have not done that.

Second this season? A couple of weeks ago we had Genoa breathing down our necks and a niggling doubt in our minds if next season will be a repeat of this one. You can thank Pippo's sudden burst to form for saving our @sses.

I just think it's getting old to keep making excuses and using something like the club's history as an excuse, when it should be something to be proud of, not a safety net to fall on when we can't do any better then mediocre

This post has been edited by han2503: May 11 2009, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 11 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #335

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Gonna disagree to an extent about your realpolitik view, han, but I really am tired of arguing the point. Seems pointless anyway and I've just had enough of the pervasive negativity.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 11 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #336

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post May 11 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #337

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 11 2009, 08:52 PM) *
I don't think Carletto did wrong yesterday. I found the game quite amusing and very good in all.

My view:

Wrong formation: Why always so afraid? Are Juventus so threatening we need 5 players in midfield? Pato should have started alongside Pippo.

Wrong faces: Seedorf and Beckham. The former I don't need to talk about, his displays are enough. The latter should not have played simply because with one player inside the box we would have never scored with a cross and he's really not all that good in defense. He's in poor form too.

Wrong substitutions: Why is Kaka untouchable? He was having a TERRIBLE game and was still not substituted. Seedorf should have come off too, he was hardly walking in the end.

Wrong attitude: Is this how a team "that can compete with anyone in Europe right now" (these are Carletto's words) should play? Really?

----

Where he had to make choices he only made mistakes. That was awful management, Guardiola's decisions against Chelsea look inspired compared to this.

This post has been edited by dst: May 11 2009, 10:26 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 11 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #338

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Wo would you really keep from the current crop if it was actually up to you?

Personally I'm with zeddie on this one. I think few of our current squad players deserve the Milan shirt and are of the right standard to wear it.

Mostly ridiculous. I really hate does "deserve or deserve-not" label, because such discussions tend to bring nothing.

But the players designated - I mean, really. Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka, Pato and Flamini + some players not worth mentioning or just enough to invent a collective term like "few others". I don't know what to say? Is Kalac bad for 3rd choice? Is Dida bad for 2nd choice? Should I really go on, name after name? Such a disrespect is deeply connected with other perceptions, and I don't intend to re-open them, but just pointing out that I feel pretty much ashamed.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 11 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #339

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 10:24 PM) *
My view:

Wrong formation: Why always so afraid? Are Juventus so threatening we need 5 players in midfield? Pato should have started alongside Pippo.

Wrong faces: Seedorf and Beckham. The former I don't need to talk about, his displays are enough. The latter should not have played simply because with one player inside the box we would have never scored with a cross and he's really not all that good in defense. He's in poor form too.

Wrong substitutions: Why is Kaka untouchable? He was having a TERRIBLE game and was still not substituted. Seedorf should have come off too, he was hardly walking in the end.

Wrong attitude: Is this how a team "that can compete with anyone in Europe right now" (these are Carletto's words) should play? Really?

----

Where he had to make choices he only made mistakes. That was awful management, Guardiola's decisions against Chelsea look inspired compared to this.

I must say, I don't agree. Everything I saw yesterday was fair and okay, no harsh error, no tacticall madness,...

I was away for a while so maybe I just forgot the hypercritic world of today and mf. Just need a few matches more and I'll be back on track.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 11 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #340

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 12 2009, 12:57 AM) *
I must say, I don't agree.

I know that's why I bothered expanding on what I said. If you agreed I would be bored to do that... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 11 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #341

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 12 2009, 01:23 AM) *
Mostly ridiculous. I really hate does "deserve or deserve-not" label, because such discussions tend to bring nothing.

But the players designated - I mean, really. Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka, Pato and Flamini + some players not worth mentioning or just enough to invent a collective term like "few others". I don't know what to say? Is Kalac bad for 3rd choice? Is Dida bad for 2nd choice? Should I really go on, name after name? Such a disrespect is deeply connected with other perceptions, and I don't intend to re-open them, but just pointing out that I feel pretty much ashamed.

Firstly, you don't have to feel pretty much ashamed for what I did say!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Secondly, I was talking about the starting XI and regular subs not the bench warmers!!!

Thirdly! disrespect is Seedorf playing like he doesn't give a hoot about anything anymore. that's more disrespectful to the whole club and most of its fans than what the venomous Milan Fan member (aka zeddie) naming some names which won't go further than a forum. disrespect (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And finally, to each their own opinion. you don't like it, fine, ignore it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 11 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #342

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 10:59 PM) *
I know that's why I bothered expanding on what I said. If you agreed I would be bored to do that... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) - very nice explanation.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 11 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #343

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 11 2009, 11:02 PM) *
Firstly, you don't have to feel pretty much ashamed for what I did say!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Secondly, I was talking about the starting XI and regular subs not the bench warmers!!!

Thirdly! disrespect is Seedorf playing like he doesn't give a hoot about anything anymore. that's more disrespectful to the whole club and most of its fans than what the venomous Milan Fan member (aka zeddie) naming some names which won't go further than a forum. disrespect (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Okay:

1) Hmh, I know I shouldn't, still I do. That's how the world mostly goes.
2) Anyway, there's no need to make such selections and groups. The concept of Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato and Ambro and Abbiati and "a few others" worsens the sense/logic of your statement.
3) Maybe, maybe not. But yes, this could be right. I'm not a normal fan anyway, so it would be very wrong to start with my opinion.
4) Don't give me multiple-opinion lectures, I'm well aware of what everyone can or cannot ignore

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 11 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #344

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 11 2009, 11:02 PM) *

Dp. Sorry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by Fillipo Simone: May 11 2009, 11:18 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 12 2009, 05:27 AM
Post #345

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 12 2009, 01:37 AM) *
Then we have an honest disagreement, iross. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I think the statement was all doom and gloom, the team's f*cked, etcetcetc, and to be honest, I'm just really tired of what appears to me to be a constant stream of criticism without once noticing/mentioning that there actually are some positive things going on too (stuff like Pippo's goal explosion, Flamini's slotting in at RB, etc). Are there serious problems facing the club? Yep. But the constant (and sorry I really do think this is the appropriate word) venom just no longer seems accurate or appropriate.

The rest of the world can burn for all I care. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Tennie just said f*ck! All of y'all just got pwned!!

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:36 PM