Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 7 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Probable line-up: Diego Lopez; De Sciglio, Rami, Bonera, Armero; Poli, De Jong, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.

Muntari, Alex and Abate unavailable. Yay for Bonera! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

That's more or less the same formation that lost to Palermo. Why won't Pippo consider something different than this 4-3-3 which just doesn't seem to work for us?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 7 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I hate even looking at lineups these days. It's sad.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 7 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2014, 02:19 PM) *
Probable line-up: Diego Lopez; De Sciglio, Rami, Bonera, Armero; Poli, De Jong, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.

Muntari, Alex and Abate unavailable. Yay for Bonera! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

That's more or less the same formation that lost to Palermo. Why won't Pippo consider something different than this 4-3-3 which just doesn't seem to work for us?

That defence will concede several goals. That midfield is as creative as I am. The attack is pathetic.

We suck.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2014, 05:39 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2014, 03:19 PM) *

When he won't consider Mexes even if it means playing Bonera you know there are some serious issues there

What's wrong with Zapata?

I think the midfield looks good, although I'd prefer VG over Poli at this point. And I don't know how many times we have to see that front trio fail before he's illuminated and changes something, Menez in the false 9 is ridiculous, and just gives him even more liberties to be selfish

And why is Muntari not available? Isn't his suspension over?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 7 2014, 05:51 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2014, 05:39 PM) *
And why is Muntari not available? Isn't his suspension over?

Injured.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2014, 05:51 PM) *
Injured.

Hallelujah!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fiesta.gif)

I don't wish anything bad upon him, but seriously, not having him in the squad is a relief

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 7 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #8

Update: Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, De Sciglio; Bonaventura, De Jong, Essien; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy

Better defense, worse midfield. It's like a step forward should always be accompanied by a step backwards. Inzaghi's spell so far in a nutshell.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 7 2014, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Another chance to push back up the table. Depending on if we can control the midfield, we could very well have this game wrapped up.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2014, 07:48 PM) *
Update: Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, De Sciglio; Bonaventura, De Jong, Essien; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy

Better defense, worse midfield. It's like a step forward should always be accompanied by a step backwards. Inzaghi's spell so far in a nutshell.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 7 2014, 10:05 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Best defence we have in Alex's absence is...me and Han tbh.

Zapata, Mexes, Bonera and Rami all blunder in different ways and need Alex to cover them.

So no matter who starts v Samp we'll concede.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 7 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 7 2014, 07:28 PM) *
Another chance to push back up the table. Depending on if we can control the midfield, we could very well have this game wrapped up.

Yeah because Essien's been the picture of composure in the middle since he signed...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 7 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2014, 06:48 PM) *
It's like a step forward should always be accompanied by a step backwards. Inzaghi's spell so far in a nutshell.

I'm losing patience with him. Mexes will have a disaster, I guarantee it. He, Rami and Bonera is the football defence equivalent of spontaneous combustion.

But yes, he makes one change we like, but has to accompany it with some c*ck up elsewhere.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 7 2014, 10:07 PM) *
I'm losing patience with him. Mexes will have a disaster, I guarantee it. He, Rami and Bonera is the football defence equivalent of spontaneous combustion.

But yes, he makes one change we like, but has to accompany it with some c*ck up elsewhere.

I cannot agree with you about Mexes or Rami.

Yet you conveniently leave out Zapata who made 2 crucial errors just last week to cost us 2 goals.

Rami is an okay defender, I've always said this about him, nothing spectacular but isn't prone to making the kind of errors that either Zapata or Bonera make on occasion. He's stable enough, he won't pull off any miracles, but he's decent enough to do the job.

Zapata on the other hand has that more spectacular edge to him because he can pull off the great recovering tackle every now and then and his speed does help him a lot, but he is very prone to having that one blackout game where everything he does goes wrong. Add to that his suspect passing and I'd prefer the more stable if less spectacular player to him any day of the week.

But my main issue with both these 2 is that they need to be next to someone strong who can lead the line, otherwise they crumble.

You cannot say the same about Mexes. He is capable of leading the line, and like it or not, our best defensive runs throughout the last 2 seasons came when he was the first pick for the CB pairing. He did this both with Rami last season and the previous one with Zapata (when we had the best defensive record along with Juve from January through May). Mexes is a leader in defence, and no, I've never seen him once have a nightmare night ala Bonera or Zapata, not once in a Milan shirt has he fallen into those diabolical levels.

Am I saying he's perfect or World Class? Absolutely not, he has his faults and has made minor errors throughout his time with us because he does at times let his concentration slip, especially when we're comfortable. But if we're looking at our defenders, I'd say he's still our most naturally talented defender. Positioning, awareness, comfort on the ball, anticipation, he's still our best player in that area, and to leave him out when we're having so many problems in that position is criminal imo

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 7 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2014, 09:23 PM) *
I cannot agree with you about Mexes or Rami.

Of course, you wh*re them off at every chance you get, so why should this time be any different?

Yet you conveniently leave out Zapata who made 2 crucial errors just last week to cost us 2 goals.

I didn't conveniently 'leave out Zapata', I was reflecting on the 3 defenders selected - Bonera, Mexes and Rami.

Rami is an okay defender, I've always said this about him, nothing spectacular but isn't prone to making the kind of errors that either Zapata or Bonera make on occasion. He's stable enough, he won't pull off any miracles, but he's decent enough to do the job.

Except when he isn't.

Zapata on the other hand has that more spectacular edge to him because he can pull off the great recovering tackle every now and then and his speed does help him a lot, but he is very prone to having that one blackout game where everything he does goes wrong. Add to that his suspect passing and I'd prefer the more stable if less spectacular player to him any day of the week.

And here you are wanting stable while equally lobbying for the football defender equivalent of TNT, Philip Mexes.

But my main issue with both these 2 is that they need to be next to someone strong who can lead the line, otherwise they crumble.

You cannot say the same about Mexes. He is capable of leading the line, and like it or not, our best defensive runs throughout the last 2 seasons came when he was the first pick for the CB pairing. He did this both with Rami last season and the previous one with Zapata (when we had the best defensive record along with Juve from January through May). Mexes is a leader in defence, and no, I've never seen him once have a nightmare night ala Bonera or Zapata, not once in a Milan shirt has he fallen into those diabolical levels.

Am I saying he's perfect or World Class? Absolutely not, he has his faults and has made minor errors throughout his time with us because he does at times let his concentration slip, especially when we're comfortable. But if we're looking at our defenders, I'd say he's still our most naturally talented defender. Positioning, awareness, comfort on the ball, anticipation, he's still our best player in that area, and to leave him out when we're having so many problems in that position is criminal imo

Han, please stop repeating your gushing praise of Mexes to me, I'm just not listening. If he has a great game (if selected) I'll praise him. If he has a stinker I'll criticise him.

But neither one will change my opinion overall so stop going on about it!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:53 AM