> Seedorf backs Sheva to rediscover scoring touch

Warchant
post Aug 24 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

AC Milan star Clarence Seedorf believes Andriy Shevchenko will be able to put his Chelsea nightmare behind him and get back to his world-beating best as he returns to the San Siro.

Shevchenko endured two disappointing years at Stamford Bridge following a big-money move from Milan but sealed a return to Serie A when the two clubs agreed a deal yesterday - although it is still subject to a medical tomorrow.

Seedorf played with the Ukraine striker for four seasons at the San Siro and believes he will prove his doubters wrong as he returns to the scene of his greatest triumphs.

'Now Andriy will certainly be very motivated and he will have the desire to demonstrate that he is not that which we have seen in London and that he is a true footballer,' he said.

The Blues signed the Ukraine international in the summer of 2006 but he failed to live up to his reputation as the world's finest striker.

The former European footballer of the year scored just four league goals in the 2006-07 campaign and five last season as injuries and form undermined his impact in west London.

Kakha Kaladze spent six seasons with Shevchenko, including one at Dynamo Kiev and is sure he will return to his best.

'I am happy to be able to embrace Sheva once again,' he said. 'For us footballers it is not nice to not find yourself in form, now Andriy can return to form with us.'

Shevchenko will have a medical tomorrow and if all goes to plan he will link up with his new team-mates on Tuesday.

The 31-year-old could make his long-awaited return to the Rossoneri team in the first game of the season - at home to Bologna on August 31.

And Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, the man who brought Shevchenko to the San Siro the first time around, is delighted to have the club's second-most prolific goalscorer of all-time at his disposal once more.

'I am happy to welcome back Andriy who Milan strongly wanted,' he said. 'I think he can be useful to us as he was in the past.'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 24 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

I think he's right about Sheva... being around his old teammates will provide a lot of inspiration...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 24 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 24 2008, 09:41 PM) *
I think he's right about Sheva... being around his old teammates will provide a lot of inspiration...

Not to mention, players that will actually make a good pass to him when he gets into great positions like he always does.

I've watched him at Chelsea when he's played. He always gets into great positions in acres of space to recieve the ball, yet never did get it, either Lampard tries to shoot from 40 yards out or they punt it up to Drogba (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 24 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2008, 09:56 PM) *
Not to mention, players that will actually make a good pass to him when he gets into great positions like he always does.

I've watched him at Chelsea when he's played. He always gets into great positions in acres of space to recieve the ball, yet never did get it, either Lampard tries to shoot from 40 yards out or they punt it up to Drogba (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

THat's why he didn't do well there... I can't wait to see him in the red and black again... I forgive him... I just want to see him again. Two years in the waiting...

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Aug 25 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Warchant @ Aug 24 2008, 10:35 PM) *
AC Milan star Clarence Seedorf believes Andriy Shevchenko will be able to put his Chelsea nightmare behind him and get back to his world-beating best as he returns to the San Siro.

Shevchenko endured two disappointing years at Stamford Bridge following a big-money move from Milan but sealed a return to Serie A when the two clubs agreed a deal yesterday - although it is still subject to a medical tomorrow.

Seedorf played with the Ukraine striker for four seasons at the San Siro and believes he will prove his doubters wrong as he returns to the scene of his greatest triumphs.

'Now Andriy will certainly be very motivated and he will have the desire to demonstrate that he is not that which we have seen in London and that he is a true footballer,' he said.

The Blues signed the Ukraine international in the summer of 2006 but he failed to live up to his reputation as the world's finest striker.

The former European footballer of the year scored just four league goals in the 2006-07 campaign and five last season as injuries and form undermined his impact in west London.

Kakha Kaladze spent six seasons with Shevchenko, including one at Dynamo Kiev and is sure he will return to his best.

'I am happy to be able to embrace Sheva once again,' he said. 'For us footballers it is not nice to not find yourself in form, now Andriy can return to form with us.'

Shevchenko will have a medical tomorrow and if all goes to plan he will link up with his new team-mates on Tuesday.

The 31-year-old could make his long-awaited return to the Rossoneri team in the first game of the season - at home to Bologna on August 31.

And Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, the man who brought Shevchenko to the San Siro the first time around, is delighted to have the club's second-most prolific goalscorer of all-time at his disposal once more.

'I am happy to welcome back Andriy who Milan strongly wanted,' he said. 'I think he can be useful to us as he was in the past.'

carlo didnt bring sheva to milan or did he??

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 25 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

wasn't sheva there before carlo?

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Aug 25 2008, 12:14 AM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 25 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #7

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Yes and yes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The article's got it wrong. If memory serves, Carletto was playing with the zebras when Shevchenko first came to Milan.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 25 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 24 2008, 05:18 PM) *
Yes and yes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The article's got it wrong. If memory serves, Carletto was playing with the zebras when Shevchenko first came to Milan.

thanks i remember in max's video of sheva (i still watch it regularly as a reference tools for strikers on my team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) He was scoring under maldini sr

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 25 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Alberto Zaccheroni brought Sheva in 1999. Carlo came in 2001.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 25 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (misha @ Aug 25 2008, 12:22 AM) *

I kinda remember Zaccheroni's 3-4-3... that's an unusual formation...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 25 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (misha @ Aug 25 2008, 01:22 AM) *

Well,...Silvio brought Sheva. Zacch just,...played him in pair with Bierhoff.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
But it was a great trio, the Sheva-Weah-Hoff period...

(IMG:http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1Tb9q-R34uE/SEJSiN0t3uI/AAAAAAAABYw/1g4VMUPGfzc/590822d3f9bb6e103bf3cf3d.jpg)

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 25 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 25 2008, 02:36 AM) *
Well,...Silvio brought Sheva. Zacch just,...played him in pair with Bierhoff.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
But it was a great trio, the Sheva-Weah-Hoff period...
[/img]

Of course, I meant in term of which coach was in charge. We were following Sheva for a few years before he moved...

This post has been edited by misha: Aug 25 2008, 12:50 AM

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 25 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 24 2008, 06:21 PM) *
thanks i remember in max's video of sheva (i still watch it regularly as a reference tools for strikers on my team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) He was scoring under maldini sr

Could you upload that for everyone to download Blue? I have been wanting to see it but I don't have it on my hard drive anymore. I have also gotten some requests. I would appreciate it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 25 2008, 03:49 AM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 25 2008, 07:39 AM) *
Could you upload that for everyone to download Blue? I have been wanting to see it but I don't have it on my hard drive anymore. I have also gotten some requests. I would appreciate it.

+1. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I missed it the last time around, my Internet was giving trouble at time (I was on dial-up). Then I lost the link. So if you can take time out to upload it for everyone, it'd be a job very well done.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 25 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #15

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Which Sheva video will this be? The one where he scores against Kahn?? With the orchestral score playing?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:55 AM