> de Jong, Nigel de Jong

acid911
post Aug 31 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 31 2012, 07:28 PM) *
He did? I don't remember us ever being linked with De Jong before. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Yeah, there were minor talks, I think last year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) Heck, the guy was valuated 10 million at that time (before he said no to Milan), and look what we got him for now. Dirty player he is, but nevertheless we do need someone experienced like him to provide some stability in front of the defense. Best of luck to him, hopefully he can fit right in.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 31 2012, 07:56 PM) *
I don't remember such thing either. even if he did that'd not make him a hypocrite in my eyes. we have to accept the Italian football is not in a good situation at all. it's natural Spain and England are most players' priority.

Hypocrite was a sarcastic remark from me. Believe me, I've seen far worse. Politicians, anyone?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) But nevertheless, there isn't much room to deny that Italian football isn't doing great. And likewise, there is little room to deny that there probably weren't much clubs interested in the guy either. Big ones, I mean.

But hey, it's hard to expect Bommels every transfer window - even though I was the only guy that was ecstatic when we signed him. De Jong is a totally different animal, but like I said, a much needed one. Even though I still believe we should have forked the bill for Stootman. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Every sane person was pushing him our way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Aug 31 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #17

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

A player in a position we desperately needed and for peanuts. Yes, he had a bad year, but in 2010-11 he was o.k +. I think the pace of Serie A will suit him more and he'll be good for us. Good signing.

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Aug 31 2012, 03:47 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 31 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #18

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I still don't know how Fester did this.

3.5 million (not incl. bonuses) with a salary of 2.5 million??!! No shite, I would say De Jong's market value is more like 10MM with a 3.5 MM wage.

You know what this means?? That Mexes is our most earning player!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Aug 31 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #19

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

3.5m pounds is mostly because his contract was ending in a year.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Aug 31 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 31 2012, 06:01 PM) *
I still don't know how Fester did this.

3.5 million (not incl. bonuses) with a salary of 2.5 million??!! No shite, I would say De Jong's market value is more like 10MM with a 3.5 MM wage.

You know what this means?? That Mexes is our most earning player!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Mexes, Robinho and Pato, right? I hope Allegri gives Mexes a fair treatment, so he can become our key defender (hopefully along Zapata) especially because he is our best ball-playing central defender now Thiago Silva has left. Robinho is a key player for our attacks, especially after the departures, and when fit Pato should be a key player too, so nothing wrong with them being the biggest earners. Obviously they have to show it this season though.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 31 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #21

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

My question would be more along Mexes. The other two are fine. Mexes is someone who I've never rated beyond a B+ grading.

He has skills, but he loses concentration far too often and also makes rash tackles. Not the man I'd trust to lead my defence. But well...we're screwed is what we are at the moment so....

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Aug 31 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 31 2012, 06:53 PM) *
My question would be more along Mexes. The other two are fine. Mexes is someone who I've never rated beyond a B+ grading.

He has skills, but he loses concentration far too often and also makes rash tackles. Not the man I'd trust to lead my defence. But well...we're screwed is what we are at the moment so....

Forget about the leading a defense part. Mexes should be the stopper, with Zapata as cover. That should work. Important is to have a right combination. Hopefully someone can lead others vocally though, or maybe Abbiati?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I agree with you. And he's unreliable, very injury prone.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Aug 31 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 31 2012, 07:43 PM) *
I agree with you. And he's unreliable, very injury prone.

Because of his recent long term injury he now is seen as very injury prone?

Let's give him a chance. He had to start his first Milan season recovering from a long term injury. I first want to see how his appearances are this season, before calling him unreliable or very injury prone. We have very injury prone players, hopefully Mexes is not one of them. And I'm not denying his lack of concentration at times, and thus his mistakes, but I want him given a fair chance now, and then everything may be not that bad.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 31 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #25

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Why, Bonera and Yepes are more suitable at leading our defense? Mexes is by far our best CB at the moment. He might not be a leader, and he might make mistakes from time to time, but who doesn't? Last time I heard, a very inconsistent defender by the name of Pique was labeled as best CB in the world.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Aug 31 2012, 06:15 PM

+Quote Post

amancik
post Aug 31 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #26

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

I'm sure that when Mexes is fully fit, he'll be playing.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 31 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Because of his recent long term injury he now is seen as very injury prone?

Let's give him a chance. He had to start his first Milan season recovering from a long term injury. I first want to see how his appearances are this season, before calling him unreliable or very injury prone. We have very injury prone players, hopefully Mexes is not one of them. And I'm not denying his lack of concentration at times, and thus his mistakes, but I want him given a fair chance now, and then everything may be not that bad.

Because he had much injuries prior to joining Milan as well.

He can get a chance, hell, with our disastrous defense - he'll be a sure starter. But is he the really class we need? No.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 31 2012, 06:38 PM
Post #28

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 31 2012, 08:33 PM) *
But is he the really class we need? No.

He's the best we can afford, and we should feel lucky we have him. Look at the names around him: Bonera, Yepes, Acerbi, Zapata. None of them come even close to Mexes.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

I know. Still, he isn't beyond criticism, like Nesta or Thiago.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Sep 1 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #30

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

(IMG:http://media3.acmilan.com/uploads/photogallery/images/670/dj_big.jpg)

he seriously looks like one of the twins from breaking bad.

(IMG:http://oi50.tinypic.com/1z64ex0.jpg)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:01 PM