Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ancelotti admits striker crisis

misha
post Oct 26 2006, 12:25 AM
Post #1

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

Carlo Ancelotti concedes Milan’s strikers are having a crisis at the moment, as a defender had to earn their win at Chievo.

“Sooner or later, this wasteful period will come to an end,” said the Coach. “Alberto Gilardino and Ricardo Oliveira moved well in the first half and we created chances, but couldn’t convert them.”

Gilardino is yet to score a single goal in any competition this season and missed an open net during tonight’s 1-0 victory at the Stadio Bentegodi.

The Rossoneri still got back to winning ways thanks to defender Marek Jankulovski’s strike from distance.

“This is an important win. Jankulovski is working well and always gaining in character. These are crucial goals for both his and our confidence. Our forwards will join in and contribute eventually. Now we can look forward to the Milan derby with the right spirit.”

They face arch rivals – and Serie A leaders – Inter on Saturday night in the Derby della Madonnina.

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

misha
post Oct 26 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Sooner or later, this wasteful period will come to an end

Saturday could be a good time to start (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Oct 26 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

i think once Oliveira gets going in our system then we will tear straight through the Serie A. We can switch pippo and gila out an leave Ricardo in...I think there is a lot of potential in him.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 26 2006, 01:07 AM
Post #4

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

I don't want to hear people talk about how good our strikers can be, how much potential they have and all this stuff...I just want them TO SCORE!!!!!

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Oct 26 2006, 01:27 AM
Post #5

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

Well at least ancelloti has the ( im sorry ) balls to recognize that the forwards are haver a really crappy time (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Oct 26 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #6

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

It isn't a striker crisis. Inzaghi and Gila were never a primary pair to begin with. Ancelotti sets the formation time and again.

A- Its simple tactics. Its the ABC's of player types. There's forwards and strikers.

1- Strikers sit and wait for you to feed them. They are scappers who hit balls in from outside the box shots. They hit in crosses.( Gila, Inzaghi, Trezgt, Crespo)

2- Forwards can do it all. They can dribble, make players, shot from close range and outside the box. (Henry, Etoo, Scheva, Villa)

B-
Generally you need a system that incorporates 1 forward and 1 striker unless you have a midfield that has 2-3 lethal attacking options. This isn't absolute, there could be two strikers if it works.

Milan have 1 lethal option in midfield=Kaka, the rest are play makers or defensive.

The offense falls strongly on the shoulders of the forwards in the Milan system. Gila and Inzaghi= 2 striker which has failed to yield consistent goals. It fails because it doesn't work in the tactics of Milan and Inzaghi and Gila are both like minded in their style. Plus they don't work the ball together well. Which could means
1- Thats just a fact--> Ancelotti shouldnt put them together
2- They need work in training--> Ancelottis fault for not properly working with them
3- They are not Milan quality--> Ancelotti keeps the on the roster(Inzaghi is)

The coach chooses who plays and because he chooses to play a combination that hasn't yielded anything.

Ancelotti is the one to blame, its his choice of who plays or not.

C ----
Even further its a management crisis because they didn't provide Ancelotti with the forward options that he needs in the face of losing Scheva.

Real problem= Galliani not acquiring players-->Limited tactical options-->Leads to limited offensive actions on the pitch.

CONCLUSION---Overall the Real problem is Galliani and Ancelotti should be the ones looking in the mirror because they dictate who comes and goes and who plays or not. I blame Galliani over CA. CA is just working with what they give him. Galliani has been in charge of a team that hasn't won a real trophy in some time. Blaming the players is a cope out for the virtue of accountability and correctly diagnosing the problem. Players just play in the system that their in.

This post has been edited by jbryant1: Oct 26 2006, 07:41 AM

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 26 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #7

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Oct 26 2006, 05:36 AM)
It isn't a striker crisis. Inzaghi and Gila were never a primary pair to begin with. Ancelotti sets the formation time and again.

A- Its simple tactics. Its the ABC's of player types. There's forwards and strikers.

1-  Strikers sit and wait for you to feed them. They are scappers who hit balls in from  outside the box shots. They hit in crosses.( Gila, Inzaghi, Trezgt, Crespo)

2- Forwards can do it all. They can dribble, make players, shot from close range and outside the box. (Henry, Etoo, Scheva, Villa)

B-
Generally you need a system that incorporates 1 forward and 1 striker unless you have a midfield that has 2-3 lethal attacking options. This isn't absolute, there could be two strikers if it works.

Milan have 1 lethal option in midfield=Kaka, the rest are play makers or defensive.

The offense falls strongly on the shoulders of the forwards in the Milan system. Gila and Inzaghi= 2 striker which has failed to yield consistent goals. It fails because it doesn't work in the tactics of Milan and Inzaghi and Gila are both like minded in their style. Plus they don't work the ball together well. Which could means
  1- Thats just a fact--> Ancelotti shouldnt put them together
  2- They need work in training--> Ancelottis fault for not properly working with them
  3- They are not Milan quality--> Ancelotti keeps the on the roster(Inzaghi is)

The coach chooses who plays and because he chooses to play a combination that hasn't yielded anything.

Ancelotti is the one to blame, its his choice of who plays or not.

C ----
Even further its a management crisis because they didn't provide Ancelotti with the forward options that he needs in the face of losing Scheva.

Real problem= Galliani not acquiring players-->Limited tactical options-->Leads to limited offensive actions on the pitch.

CONCLUSION---Overall the Real problem is Galliani and Ancelotti should be the ones looking in the mirror because they dictate who comes and goes and who plays or not. I blame Galliani over CA. CA is just working with what they give him. Galliani has been in charge of a team that hasn't won a real trophy in some time. Blaming the players is a cope out for the virtue of accountability and correctly diagnosing the problem. Players just play in the system that their in.

This doesn't let our strikers or score, or does it?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 26 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Carlo should not just say "Oh we have a crises in our attack, it will eventually wear out" he should ask and even demand that at least 1 more attacker is bought in Jnuary.
If Gila and Pippo don't pick up form and fast, we are going to go down faster then the titanic.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Oct 26 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #9

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 26 2006, 09:27 AM)

it will be (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 26 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 26 2006, 11:23 AM)
he should ask and even demand that at least 1 more attacker is bought in Jnuary.

I'm 100% sure he's already done that ... and I'm sure he also asked for one during the summer !!

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 26 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 26 2006, 11:23 AM)
If Gila and Pippo don't pick up form and fast, we are going to go down faster then the titanic.

Nah .. I on't think it's drastic .. We have 30 more games to play and have a 11 point difference from the league leaders.

We are Milan, we usually pick up our consistency and separate the men from the boys (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 26 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 26 2006, 09:52 AM)
I'm 100% sure he's already done that ... and I'm sure he also asked for one during the summer !!

I think that he might be a bit too passive with Galliani, the guy is an old croak, he needs to be told these things more then once.

And Carlo also asked for a defensive midfielder in the summer, and he got Brocchi (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

That's the difference when you are a manager and a coach, a manager chooses the players himself, Carlo asked for the player and he has to be happy with what is provided to him by Gallaini

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 26 2006, 10:57 AM)
Nah .. I on't think it's drastic .. We have 30 more games to play and have a 11 point difference from the league leaders.

We are Milan, we usually pick up our consistency and separate the men from the boys (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

No it's not as drastic as that but we all knew that Gila usually is at his worst form during this time until after the christmas break, Pippo just went and abbandoned us all of a sudden and we got a new striker who has to adapt to a new a life a new environment and a much tougher league, they should have though about all of this before the season began.

And what I meant about us sinking is that, a team needs goal in order to win and if our strikers can't score I can't see how we are going to keep winning matches, Janku can't save us all the time. And if we drift much more farther then I don't think any type of great form would help us get back in it

This post has been edited by han2503: Oct 26 2006, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 26 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 26 2006, 02:33 PM)
I think that he might be a bit too passive with Galliani, the guy is an old croak, he needs to be told these things more then once.

He's 20 years in the team ... in the end he'll do what he wants (and if Silvio agrees ofcourse) !!

+Quote Post

agenth
post Oct 26 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #14

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

thank god that the 'fairy world of everythings alright' finally broke in,
despite this berlusconi won't buy someone (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Costacurta
post Oct 28 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #15

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,611

I think he's too soft Ancelotti. He needs to give them a good bollocking.

At the heart of it all is, I believe, a lack of motivation/desire.

Only a few people are actually bothered. The rest have all been there/ done that/ got the medal.

And if Galliani is resp. for buying the players, then yes he needs to be woken up and told Milan is suffering a heart attack so get the defibrillator out.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:14 AM