Guests cannot vote 

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 24 2014, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

MoM goes to Rami IMO. Very good showing, if this wasn't just a happy coincidence, we should think of combining him and Abate as our main fullbacks. IMO Mexes and MDS were good as well, Lopez especially. Zapata made a slightly less convincing appearance.

Flop was between Muntari and SES for obvious reasons. Han compared Stephans miss with Icardi's, but it wasn't quite the same. Still, my pick is Muntari.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 24 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Rami and Torres.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 24 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Rami and Muntari, closely followed by Torres.

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 25 2014, 05:20 AM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 24 2014, 11:18 PM) *
Rami and Muntari, closely followed by Torres.

Exactly the same.

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 25 2014, 05:24 AM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 24 2014, 09:10 PM) *
MoM goes to Rami IMO. Very good showing, if this wasn't just a happy coincidence, we should think of combining him and Abate as our main fullbacks. IMO Mexes and MDS were good as well, Lopez especially. Zapata made a slightly less convincing appearance.

Flop was between Muntari and SES for obvious reasons. Han compared Stephans miss with Icardi's, but it wasn't quite the same. Still, my pick is Muntari.

I don't think it's right blaming SES for the miss! He worked hard, and did contribute to the goal. It was a bad miss, yes. But, not the end of the world. I love that Inzaghi is placing his faith in him, I really think he will get his scoring boots on again.

Agreed about the other points.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 25 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #6

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

We would have won the derby if SES hadn't missed that. You could say SES directly cost us two points.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 25 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 25 2014, 07:24 AM) *
I don't think it's right blaming SES for the miss! He worked hard, and did contribute to the goal. It was a bad miss, yes. But, not the end of the world. I love that Inzaghi is placing his faith in him, I really think he will get his scoring boots on again.

Agreed about the other points.

He's a striker. Working hard comes as a nice bonus, but the main occupation remains scoring goals and creating chances. He looked stale on one or two occasions where he could have scored or at least strech Handanović a bit. But the miss he made was inexcusable, like X-O said, we could have won.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 25 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 25 2014, 12:15 PM) *
We would have won the derby if SES hadn't missed that. You could say SES directly cost us two points.

Poli missed a great chance as well at the death, and had Icardi not ruined the chance Muntari set up for him on a silver platter we would be talking about a completely different game.

These things happen, players miss chances all the time, it's clear his confidence is not 100% back after scoring against Samp

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 25 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #9

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

We could have won if the sucker had the sense to pass the ball to Honda. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) In the closing few minutes, when the Japanese was open on goal, but instead the Pharoah chose to take a stupid shot. Apart from a small period of a few months when Ibra left, he has done nothing.

Sure, the backtrack and hustle and bustle help, but his job is to score. Or at the very least, create.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 25 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 25 2014, 05:29 PM) *
Poli missed a great chance as well at the death, and had Icardi not ruined the chance Muntari set up for him on a silver platter we would be talking about a completely different game.

These things happen, players miss chances all the time, it's clear his confidence is not 100% back after scoring against Samp

Poli's chance was completely different though. Firstly, SES is a striker. Secondly, he had a one on one with Handanovič. No excuse there, while Poli was in a midst of a box jungle, it was only the deflection that saved Inter.

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 25 2014, 06:13 PM) *
We could have won if the sucker had the sense to pass the ball to Honda. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) In the closing few minutes, when the Japanese was open on goal, but instead the Pharoah chose to take a stupid shot. Apart from a small period of a few months when Ibra left, he has done nothing.

Sure, the backtrack and hustle and bustle help, but his job is to score. Or at the very least, create.

Sucker? A bit too harsh, but I agree, yes. We expect more.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 25 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #11

Berretti

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 25 2014, 09:57 PM) *
Sucker? A bit too harsh, but I agree, yes. We expect more.

We expect more, because his heart is not where it should be. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I'm not doubting his dedication, but it's not matched by the needed attitude. Sure the environment at the club is barely ideal, couldn't be worse, actually, for a player like him. When he most needed an experienced coach to take him under his wings and develop.

But really, at least with a guy like Pato one knew he would give his best during a match. Stephen, to me, appears like someone that got a bit carried away by the fame. It's got to his head, I'm afraid. A striker, a forward, should know when to be selfish and when to be selfless. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) You know you're out of form, at least give an open pass.

I haven't seen anything apart from that purple patch for a few months. And that probably had got more to do with the fact that Ibra had left, and there was a void to fill, someone had to step up, he did. For a while. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) I only saw a little of the Pharoah when he was playing in Serie B, but at least there he concentrated on the game.

The only memory I have of this one is Honda stretching his hands telling him that he should have passed.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 25 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #12

Berretti

Still, that's not to say that I'm discount him totally. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) I've stood behind others till the end, as long as they had their head in the game and give it their all. Plenty of players like this at Milan. Let's just hope SES comes out good, I thought if any coach could do it, it would be Inzaghi.

Right now he's barely a 15m player, not the 45m that we were reportedly offered by City, was it? Keep on like this, and his stock could fall further. This is the phase where he has to develop his game, and he's doing zero, zilch when it comes to this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) His dribbling and decision making is as week as it could be.

And what irks me is that he's doing nothing to improve these two (important) aspects.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 25 2014, 05:19 PM
Post #13

Berretti

By the way, I'll vote while I'm here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And saw the match in full.

Mexès top, he was making clean clearances at the back like crazy.
Muntari flop, destroyed several chances we had at attack by his back passing.

Agree with most of the assessments above, though. Good showings from Rami, DeScig, and Lopez. And the usual mess from Essien and Torres. But on the whole, this was one of the weaker derbies I've seen, with neither team asserting itself on the pitch for a sustained period of time. Just a total no show from both Milan squads.

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 25 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 25 2014, 07:19 PM) *
By the way, I'll vote while I'm here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) And saw the match in full.

Mexès top, he was making clean clearances at the back like crazy.
Muntari flop, destroyed several chances we had at attack by his back passing.

Agree with most of the assessments above, though. Good showings from Rami, DeScig, and Lopez. And the usual mess from Essien and Torres. But on the whole, this was one of the weaker derbies I've seen, with neither team asserting itself on the pitch for a sustained period of time. Just a total no show from both Milan squads.

What? What? Mexes top??Muntari flop?? Danny will have a stroke when he sees this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 25 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 25 2014, 02:24 PM) *
He's a striker. Working hard comes as a nice bonus, but the main occupation remains scoring goals and creating chances. He looked stale on one or two occasions where he could have scored or at least strech Handanović a bit. But the miss he made was inexcusable, like X-O said, we could have won.

Well yeah, can't disagree with that. Hopefully, the best of him is yet to come.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:55 AM