Guests cannot vote 

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 5 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

So, not a bad match allover, but for me there are two clear groups of players who played well and those who haven't.

Our fullbacks were top on today. Especially De Sciglio made a few very good passes and runs. Abate - needless to say - was good as well but had minor defensive problems. Alex and Bonaventura did also very well, Menez was okay. It's a bit hard to tell who's MoM because IMO no one was that outstanding. So my vote goes to MDS.

The bad group - starts with Muntari, who would be flop if he hadn't score that great goal that saved him. But my pick will be Rami; too many individual mistakes - unbelievable errors in passing and positioning.

Torres could have done also much more. Honda was okay, but his finishing leaves much to be desired. Nevermind the good free-kick, but he wasted 2 good chances with a bad miss. Nevertheless, a good game.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Top - Bonaventura. Really impressed me yesterday. Lots of hard work and good skills. I just prefer him in the midfield three than on the wing.

Flop - Muntari. I don't care about the goal, had Chievo used that 3v1 opportunity better, we'd be bashing him even harder. Not to mention the overall lazy, clueless performance. The guy is so slow even on FF he would still look slow.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Oct 5 2014, 12:41 PM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

DS and Jack were great but I gave it Honda, not just for this game but also for the whole start of the season. Even though it's not his natural position, he still delivers most of the time.

My flop is Rami. He gotta be a lot better if he wants to remain in the first 11.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2014, 12:53 PM
Post #4

I reckon Zapata will take his place next week.

As for Honda, eh, I don't know what to say. He's delivering because he's an exemplary professional that gives his all in every game. But this is the maximum he can do. For a #10, his vision and passing are very limited. The fact that Pippo plays him on the wing makes it twice as worse. For me, either he plays in the center or he doesn't play at all.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Oct 5 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #5

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 5 2014, 08:53 PM) *
I reckon Zapata will take his place next week.

As for Honda, eh, I don't know what to say. He's delivering because he's an exemplary professional that gives his all in every game. But this is the maximum he can do. For a #10, his vision and passing are very limited. The fact that Pippo plays him on the wing makes it twice as worse. For me, either he plays in the center or he doesn't play at all.

Hard to drop Honda now that he's our top-scorer.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2014, 03:59 PM
Post #6

Yeah, I know, the guy is very hard to drop at this point. And Pippo will keep playing him out position. You know, Honda's situation is very similar to Özil's at Arsenal. Both being played wide when they give their best in the center, only that Özil doesn't have the same work ethic Honda does and thus far hasn't been performing, at all.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 5 2014, 06:05 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I don't know guys. I find it a bit funny. You all are so convinced Honda has been played out of position that one would think Inzaghi is fielding him as a fullback or defender.

I read an interview were Zaccheroni stated that Honda plays naturally more to the right. Then you have to inexperienced coaches who still were players - Seedorf even a midfielder - who start him there week after week. So what's the deal? You think Inzaghi is blind or just stubborn? At least Seedorf had the excuse of having Kaka in his team. But now there's little to no problem to shift Honda's position - unless the player and the coach both agree it's good for him.

All in all, Honda is exactly what Milan is today. Good, solid, working, but rough of the edges, with less potential that one would believe at the first glance and limited capabilities. I'm not sure that playing him in a deep central role or a classic AM role would make that kind of difference y'all are expecting.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #8

I remember that Zaccheroni interview. He did say though that Honda gives his best in the center. The thing is that I don't expect him to change drastically if played there. I actually said that in another thread. Honda has shown all the quality he has, and regardless of where he plays he won't become a better player. But at least his impact will be different. Pippo, just like Seedorf, plays him too far wide, and that affects his contribution to our game. He's not fast, he's not physically strong, he can't beat his opponent or make long runs. You see him many times isolated on the right, or in situations where he can't do more than the simple pass due to his incapacity to utilize the spaces as a natural winger would. So, either play him centrally or don't play him at all.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 6 2014, 06:39 AM
Post #9

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think we're all struggling with unrealistic expectations.

So far I'm very satisfied with how the team has performed.

I mentioned in the prediction thread that if Torres scores 15-20 goals this season we will end up chasing CL, else the expectation is that we end up in Europe.

Currently Torres isn't scoring at that rate, and we are 5th in the table. With the squad we have, this is very very respectable. I have hopes that Montolivo, Lopez and MvG returning would improve our steam. Hopefully a CB addition in the winter market as well. Someone talented and exciting. Though no hopes on that.

All in all, I give this team 7.5 on 10. So we are pretty much meeting expecations. On the flip side that we are top scorers in the league is an added filip.

--

Just one point on how we pick on players like Muntari and Bonera. They're average players. When we say we wish them to give their best every match, it doesn't make sense. At their best they're good players. But day in and day out, if they showed that kind of performance they would be a level higher than where they're at now.

The fact that they have mediocre games with the occasional good display is what ensures they will remain average. This is all you get for what you pay. Simple as.

---

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 6 2014, 07:09 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 5 2014, 10:38 AM) *
Top - Bonaventura. Really impressed me yesterday. Lots of hard work and good skills. I just prefer him in the midfield three than on the wing.

Told you so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 6 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Top - Menez - made things happen in the second half after a quiet first.

Flop - Muntari it has to be, albeit Rami was pathetic as usual too.

Cannot understand why so many Milanistas love Rami. He's as bad as Bonera's become. I get the feeling this £500,000 has turned him into a cult hero, when in reality he paid it because no one else wanted him and Valencia sure didn't want him back.

Our best defence, as I've preached since OD, is Alex and Zapata.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 6 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 6 2014, 07:11 PM) *
Top - Menez - made things happen in the second half after a quiet first.

Flop - Muntari it has to be, albeit Rami was pathetic as usual too.

Cannot understand why so many Milanistas love Rami. He's as bad as Bonera's become. I get the feeling this £500,000 has turned him into a cult hero, when in reality he paid it because no one else wanted him and Valencia sure didn't want him back.

Our best defence, as I've preached since OD, is Alex and Zapata.

Zapata is just as mistake prone as Rami. They're at the same level, they bring different qualities to the table, but at the core of it both are good players on their day who can be very mistake prone when it's not their day

Zapata has made one positional or passing error in each game he played so far this season including the pre-season games.

Rami was very good last season next to Mexes when Seedorf gave them a prolonged run. Also this is probably the first time he's played next to Alex this season for a full 90 minutes. We need continuity in that back line, no matter who's playing because this constant shift would effect anyone

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 6 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Zapata is at his best next to Alex as they can communicate far better in their native languages than either can with Rami.

Fact is our defence's best display this season was v Lazio.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 6 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 6 2014, 07:54 PM) *
Zapata is at his best next to Alex as they can communicate far better in their native languages than either can with Rami.

Fact is our defence's best display this season was v Lazio.

You can't say that because it's only one game, they could just as easily play the next one together and have an absolute mare of a night.

Fact is we don't know right now what pairing is best because we have not been able to see a consecutive run of games with the same pairing.

And Zapata and Alex do not share the same native tongue so that justification is out the window

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 6 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #15

How about we sell everyone and sign two decent CBs? That would be the best. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:19 AM