> Drogba set for Rossoneri switch?, Thursday 12 October, 2006

dst
post Oct 12 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday 12 October, 2006

Reports in England suggest that Milan are interested in Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, as their search for Andriy Shevchenko’s replacement continues.

The Rossoneri may exploit a FIFA loophole which could allow them to sign the Ivory Coast captain for as little as £4m, as players can buy their way out of their contracts three years after signing them.

Drogba would therefore only have to match the wages earned in the remaining time, which are believed to be approximately £4m over two seasons.

The Mirror newspaper claims that Milan would have no problem in bringing it into effect, despite few clubs exploiting it thus far.

However the Ivorian striker, who has netted eight goals for Chelsea – outclassing Shevchenko in the process – does not seem keen on moving to Italy.

"Great strikers have joined the club but I am still here to serve the team," said the 28-year-old, referring to Sheva’s £30m summer move.

Drogba was already linked with Milan in August, when it seemed that the swoop for Ricardo Oliveira was destined to fail, but in the end remained at the Stamford Bridge side.

The Ivory Coast captain moved to Chelsea from Marseille for £24m in the summer of 2004 and many thought he would be relegated to the sidelines after the arrival of the Ukrainian star.

Football Italia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 12 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

He could be a good add, but tbh I don't like him.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 12 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 12 2006, 02:57 PM)
The Rossoneri may exploit a FIFA loophole which could allow them to sign the Ivory Coast captain for as little as £4m, as players can buy their way out of their contracts three years after signing them.

what the ... is this ?? I thought players could buy out only when there's a year left on their contract !! But this means ... almost everyone is "free" to go ?? There must be something wrong about this article or I'm the one who does not get it !!

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 12 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 12 2006, 03:00 PM)
He could be a good add, but tbh I don't like him.

Considering what I last saw of him (his WC performances) I would want him to come. But I don't watch Chelski so I really can't tell how's he playing now ... all I know is that he's scoring more!!

This post has been edited by dst: Oct 12 2006, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 12 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #5

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Well he plays to the crowd sometimes....so the fans love him. Big strong guy, so his style of play is more power than finesse.

Think of Obafemi Martins with a lot more brains....no that's not a very precise analogy but will do...

Mostly though, since the other teams assign nearly 3 defenders to mark Sheva, Drogba has it easy and can score a lot more freely than when they used to play with him as lone striker(they did go through a period like that...maybe Crespo was injured or something)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 12 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 12 2006, 12:01 PM)
what the ... is this ?? I thought players could buy out only when there's a year left on their contract !! But this means ... almost everyone is "free" to go ?? There must be something wrong about this article or I'm the one who does not get it !!

Isn't the ruling, that players who are 28 or over and have been at the same club for a certain ammount of years can buy out?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 12 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 12 2006, 01:16 PM)
Well he plays to the crowd sometimes....so the fans love him. Big strong guy, so his style of play is more power than finesse.

Think of Obafemi Martins with a lot more brains....no that's not a very precise analogy but will do...

Mostly though, since the other teams assign nearly 3 defenders to mark Sheva, Drogba has it easy and can score a lot more freely than when they used to play with him as lone striker(they did go through a period like that...maybe Crespo was injured or something)

Don't over flatter the ES, I've been watching a couple of Chelsea matches lately (the last 4 matches they played actually) and Sheva is not being marked heavily, he is just disappearing and sometimes pops up when the ball is passed to him. Drogba is in great form right now, and from what I saw last year from him and what I saw now, it's clear how much he has improved. He's creating plays, crossing, passing, holding the ball up and scoring tons of goals, basically he is doing what Chelsea bought Sheva to do

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 12 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Actually the disappearing acts have been in the last couple of matches...true I can't explain it....

Drogba is not really doing what Sheva was supposed to...his goals are still mostly poached....but he always was a little more well rounded than ur average goal poacher...he does come back to support mid-field, and sometimes defence...not like Rooney does now for ManU that's hilarious, but in a very sensible way.

Sometimes seeing Chelsea play you get the feeling that Drogba and Terry are the only people who seem to know what's going on...totally pathetic team chemistry...

Arsenal though have been stupendous this past season...Hleb's totally blown my hair back...super cool the way he handles the flank position and cuts in...

But they have that entire weakened left side of theirs...against Liverpool(with Pennant and Gerrard on the right) and possibly a decent Chelsea with Joe Cole back things could get iffy.

Justin Hoyte is hardly a LB...most of the time Arsenal are playing a 3-5-2...well if Gallas wanted more responsibility and respect he's certainly got it...he's been a gr8 buy for Arsenal

Looking back maybe this post should be moved to the EPL thread

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 12 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Drogba is Veiri in his days .. Hs reminds me so much of him ......

- very well built
- can hold on to balls
- great aireal ability
- pulls away at least two defenders
- etc ..

I guess, his attributes are clear, though I dont like his personality.

+Quote Post

sansiro1708
post Oct 12 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #10

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,321

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 12 2006, 01:06 PM)
Drogba is Vieri in his days .. Hs reminds me so much of him ......

- very well built
- can hold on to balls
- great aireal ability
- pulls away at least two defenders
- etc ..

great quote

since vieri is my fav player is sad his cuallity has been uneficient (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

i think it would be a good signing but IMO klose is better

This post has been edited by sansiro1708: Oct 12 2006, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post

misha
post Oct 13 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Would be a good "steal" for £4m .He is playing really strong lately.We need another quality striker.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 13 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

I doubt he'll be sold...Chelsea would be left without anyone...

+Quote Post

misha
post Oct 13 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #13

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 13 2006, 02:35 PM)
I doubt he'll be sold...Chelsea would be left without anyone...

It's not up to them.
Chelsea have enough money to buy somebody else

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 13 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Abram0vich would probably take that jet he'd bought for Crespo and give it to Drogba...so Drogba can fly home whenever he wants....I seriously don't think it'll happen.

For once he is doing well over there...Mourinho is praising him and the fan like him a lot...we got a better chance of getting Lampard

+Quote Post

misha
post Oct 13 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 13 2006, 02:56 PM)
we got a better chance of getting Lampard

No (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:18 PM