> [IT] Serie A 2015-16

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 30 2016, 01:14 PM
Post #226

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Ditto. Agree on everything. They signed two strikers for big money, while they already have good or great attackers in the roster. So from my viewpoint, and especially if they lose out on Pogba, they did a poor job, overpaying for a department that's covered good.

As for Higuain. Yes, the record is there. Needless to say, at the lowpoint of Serie A football.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 31 2016, 11:32 AM
Post #227

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Nah, it's a fantastic move, especially if they sell Pogba as the cost will be entirely covered. Higuain is a scoring machine, the sole reason why Napoli finished 2nd last season. He's the kind of striker they needed, someone who's capable of scoring +25 goals in the league, which all of Morata, Mandzukic and Zaza have failed to achieve.

Bonucci is staying.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 31 2016, 03:25 PM
Post #228

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Higuain scored 4 in 5 CL games with Napoli in a group with Dortmund and Arsenal. I don't think it's a stretch to say he'll do just fine at Juve. His Madrid record wasn't particularly good in the CL, but then it's never going to be when you're rotated all the time, something he likely won't be with Juve.

It makes sense. They budget each year. They obviously don't have other big plans, so why not use the budget bringing in the striker of your nearest rival?

Unfotunately, until we have our own stadium, we can't even dream of things like this again.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 31 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #229

Primavera
Group Icon

All I'm saying is, nowadays you win CL titles with either individuals like Messi or Robben or with a killer midfield that is set for creativity and destruction. By signing Higuain Juventus didn't get either so I don't think this particular transfer will bring them any more closer.

Sure, Higuain could potentially score a ton of goals. Will they secure the scudetto? Most probably. But they did so even without him. So signing star player from the rival team for such a excessively big sum doesn't make much sense to me, because in terms of CL pretenders they're still pretty much right where they were last season.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 31 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #230

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Juventus are a well-oiled machine with quality players all around but which has lacked a true goalscorer all these years, a man that can secure +40 goals in all competitions and that can score from any position or manner. This is what Higuain gives them. He might not be Messi or Ibrahimovic, but along with the likes of Suarez, Lewandowski etc. right now he's one of the most prolific goalscorers in the world. 94 million might be a bit excessive considering his age as well, but in my opinion he's exactly the kind of player Juventus needed.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 31 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #231

Primavera
Group Icon

So we disagree. Especially if they sell Pogba in the end.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 2 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #232

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 31 2016, 03:25 PM) *
Higuain scored 4 in 5 CL games with Napoli in a group with Dortmund and Arsenal. I don't think it's a stretch to say he'll do just fine at Juve. His Madrid record wasn't particularly good in the CL, but then it's never going to be when you're rotated all the time, something he likely won't be with Juve.

It makes sense. They budget each year. They obviously don't have other big plans, so why not use the budget bringing in the striker of your nearest rival?

Unfotunately, until we have our own stadium, we can't even dream of things like this again.

For us it simply goes far beyond just that.

Juve have the financial structure to be able to do this.

They're also going to be selling Pogba for a World record fee so I think their thinking is more along the lines of, we will be bringing in the big money so why not spend it? Plus they needed big signings to appease the fans. They did the same thing when they sold Zidane back in the day and built a top class team from that sale, this time they already had a great team so they could afford to splurge on what imo is fancy purchase.

Like Fillipo though, I think it was an unnecessary move because they'll still run over the league without much effort but I don't think they'll make much strides forward in Europe which is what they truly want. Losing Pogba is a massive blow in regards to that particular goal imo

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 2 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #233

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 2 2016, 09:05 PM) *
For us it simply goes far beyond just that.

Juve have the financial structure to be able to do this.

They're also going to be selling Pogba for a World record fee so I think their thinking is more along the lines of, we will be bringing in the big money so why not spend it? Plus they needed big signings to appease the fans. They did the same thing when they sold Zidane back in the day and built a top class team from that sale, this time they already had a great team so they could afford to splurge on what imo is fancy purchase.

Like Fillipo though, I think it was an unnecessary move because they'll still run over the league without much effort but I don't think they'll make much strides forward in Europe which is what they truly want. Losing Pogba is a massive blow in regards to that particular goal imo

Agreed. As things stand, with Fininvest (100% owner of AC Milan Group), whom have improved significantly from four years ago and have-been/are maneuvering in turbulent times through the media industry. For the past ten years the world has changed as we have all become accustomed to the new media outlets, namely social media and its subs. We get our news live on the spot from twitter, we share our pics live on the spot on snapchat and instagram, we watch/stream games by any means than pay an actual subscription with Sky, amongst other outlets i'm not savvy on.

Why have a box, when we could just get the apple tv or the amazon thingy? Heck when netflix first came to my attention, a week later i cancelled by subscription with my cable tv and handed over their box. Why not, its cheaper and at times free (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Let us just say, Fininvest have done well for the past four years to reduce debt and revenue starting to pick an increasing trend.

Fininvest 31 December 2015 Financial Results:

In this framework, the financial results achieved in 2015 are particularly welcome, considering that the macroeconomic environment remains uncertain and the media sector in which the Group mainly operates is constantly changing. After four years, revenues have started to increase; EBITDA has improved; pre-tax profit amounted to EUR 239 million, an increase of 54% compared to 2014; net results were at breakeven despite non-recurring charges of approximately Eur 18 million. Very significant, in summary, are the indebtedness figures, which at 31 December 2015 recorded a decline of Eur 267 million, confirming a trend that since 2012 has seen Group debt more than halved (from Eur 2 billion to Eur 790 million). source

I hope a sale will happen, and that the issue is purely bureaucratic in nature. Fininvest see this as a God-send when China comes knocking with 750M to buy a club that is in debt, in a relatively shaky shape and in a league that is in threat of loosing further group in European standing.

China will come in with BIG money, dream BIG (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

P.S. It took over five years of your frustration, a couple of weeks wont harm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 2 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #234

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 2 2016, 06:49 PM) *
Agreed. As things stand, with Fininvest (100% owner of AC Milan Group), whom have improved significantly from four years ago and have-been/are maneuvering in turbulent times through the media industry. For the past ten years the world has changed as we have all become accustomed to the new media outlets, namely social media and its subs. We get our news live on the spot from twitter, we share our pics live on the spot on snapchat and instagram, we watch/stream games by any means than pay an actual subscription with Sky, amongst other outlets i'm not savvy on.

Why have a box, when we could just get the apple tv or the amazon thingy? Heck when netflix first came to my attention, a week later i cancelled by subscription with my cable tv and handed over their box. Why not, its cheaper and at times free (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Let us just say, Fininvest have done well for the past four years to reduce debt and revenue starting to pick an increasing trend.

Fininvest 31 December 2015 Financial Results:

I hope a sale will happen, and that the issue is purely bureaucratic in nature. Fininvest see this as a God-send when China comes knocking with 750M to buy a club that is in debt, in a relatively shaky shape and in a league that is in threat of loosing further group in European standing.

China will come in with BIG money, dream BIG (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

P.S. It took over five years of your frustration, a couple of weeks wont harm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Agreed. But didn't Fininvest sell the Mediaset shares as well?

At this point one has to understand why a company would want to offload the ball and chain that is Milan which is dragging it to the bottom of the ocean.

We can analyse for days about the mismanagement carried out by Galliani and his shady deal with his agent pals and Preziosi. But the problem runs deeper than that and simply put, Milan was never built to last under Silvio. Now we're suffering the consequences of that

I just worry with all these delays that this could turn into another Bee deal. So far all the companies and people which have been linked as being part of the consortium have denied involvement, just seems fishy at this point

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 3 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #235

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

61 - #Candreva has been directly involved in 61 goals (38 g, 23 assists) in the last 4 Serie A, more than any other side midfielder. Factor.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 3 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #236

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

They still own Mediaset.

The media will create a new story for you everyday, just to keep you on their site, buy their paper, watch their program, etc. Fininvest themselves benefit both directly and indirectly from rumors. Since we have known each other on this forum how many times did a deal go through vs rumors on FI, goal, twitter, instagram, etc? The point I'm making is that there could be negotiations going on and 80% of the time it turns out to be different to what was being rumored through news outlets. We have known Milan to operate this way since we were introduced to the club, what changed?

As fishy as it may sound we still are operating under the same management that won't give info away, with any info leaked at all mostly being misleading. Rarely has there been firm backing from the club unless the deal is part and parcel and ready for delivery. Which is the case today. But in this case with a twist; you are dealing with China which has restrictions about exporting capital, not sure of details here, nonetheless the Chinese didn't come here to monkey around. Fininvest has already agreed to the new terms and are awaiting the Chinese government to clear the transfer.

I feel we are caught in limbo, but that does not mean the club hasn't been proactive and already agreed with new players but as noted above we are not party to that till it is part and parcel, and maybe even then we won't come to know. Just that when the sale goes through, there will be players of calibre at Milan by 31 August. If for some unforseen circumstance a sale does not go through, Galliani will just tell us that we have a team capable of meeting CL qualification.

But you know what really keeps me thinking? That if it was still in Berlusconi's hands we would still have Cristian as coach. Hence why I am comforted that the new coach has come with directions from new owners. I mean if you were to sell your house and the new buyers like the color white while your house is blue, wouldn't you paint it to ensure they buy your house and not the white one around the corner? Kinda thing.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 4 2016, 03:41 PM
Post #237

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 3 2016, 08:13 PM) *
They still own Mediaset.

The media will create a new story for you everyday, just to keep you on their site, buy their paper, watch their program, etc. Fininvest themselves benefit both directly and indirectly from rumors. Since we have known each other on this forum how many times did a deal go through vs rumors on FI, goal, twitter, instagram, etc? The point I'm making is that there could be negotiations going on and 80% of the time it turns out to be different to what was being rumored through news outlets. We have known Milan to operate this way since we were introduced to the club, what changed?

As fishy as it may sound we still are operating under the same management that won't give info away, with any info leaked at all mostly being misleading. Rarely has there been firm backing from the club unless the deal is part and parcel and ready for delivery. Which is the case today. But in this case with a twist; you are dealing with China which has restrictions about exporting capital, not sure of details here, nonetheless the Chinese didn't come here to monkey around. Fininvest has already agreed to the new terms and are awaiting the Chinese government to clear the transfer.

I feel we are caught in limbo, but that does not mean the club hasn't been proactive and already agreed with new players but as noted above we are not party to that till it is part and parcel, and maybe even then we won't come to know. Just that when the sale goes through, there will be players of calibre at Milan by 31 August. If for some unforseen circumstance a sale does not go through, Galliani will just tell us that we have a team capable of meeting CL qualification.

But you know what really keeps me thinking? That if it was still in Berlusconi's hands we would still have Cristian as coach. Hence why I am comforted that the new coach has come with directions from new owners. I mean if you were to sell your house and the new buyers like the color white while your house is blue, wouldn't you paint it to ensure they buy your house and not the white one around the corner? Kinda thing.

That being said, Montella imo, is not the big name coach I would have expected to lead us through this new era, if the supposed ambitions are so high.

Either he's the transitional pick that satisfied both parties or the new owners' ambitions aren't as lofty as we're wishing and praying for

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 5 2016, 07:03 AM
Post #238

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I don't know of a single big name coach with the exception of Simeone and Klopp (both unavailable) who doesn't work with huge budgets. That's the thing.

Similar to our players we will have to follow the same model we did with Sacchi. Find a promising coach and hope he is able to impress a philosophy that will work well in our environment.

FWIW, Montella would definitely have been been my choice above the other name - Marco Giampaolo.

1. I feel Montella has a very rich breadth of experience. Admittedly he hasn't worked under a great coach, but he's played at a very high level. He's coached some good teams and built his reputation with them. Was one of the most in-demand coaches till last season with Sampdoria which was an impossible mess to fix.

2. Is a product of the modern era and probably is more attuned to the psychology of today's players

3. Plays a brand of football that both the management and the players seem to approve of.

4. Is a very ambitious coach with high standards.

5. Walks in to his first day of work looking like this

(IMG:http://net-storage2.tccstatic.com/storage/milannews.it/img_notizie/thumb1/2f/2f22fff8d0f36e5999ec02e1e9fc6e38-47245-2949380efa673bd8c4523694a3f5f4dd.jpeg)

I have to be honest - game-wise I think this is one of the best pre-seasons I have seen with Milan in recent memory. We held our own (more or less) against teams well head of us in class and in fitness. 3-4 good signings and a top 3 finish wouldn't be impossible.

But even without, assuming we can keep our current players fit, we should be able to land a top 6 position with this team for sure.

In other words, the same targets as last season.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Aug 6 2016, 09:12 AM
Post #239

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 5 2016, 11:03 AM) *
I don't know of a single big name coach with the exception of Simeone and Klopp (both unavailable) who doesn't work with huge budgets. That's the thing.

Similar to our players we will have to follow the same model we did with Sacchi. Find a promising coach and hope he is able to impress a philosophy that will work well in our environment.

FWIW, Montella would definitely have been been my choice above the other name - Marco Giampaolo.

1. I feel Montella has a very rich breadth of experience. Admittedly he hasn't worked under a great coach, but he's played at a very high level. He's coached some good teams and built his reputation with them. Was one of the most in-demand coaches till last season with Sampdoria which was an impossible mess to fix.

2. Is a product of the modern era and probably is more attuned to the psychology of today's players

3. Plays a brand of football that both the management and the players seem to approve of.

4. Is a very ambitious coach with high standards.

5. Walks in to his first day of work looking like this

(IMG:http://net-storage2.tccstatic.com/storage/milannews.it/img_notizie/thumb1/2f/2f22fff8d0f36e5999ec02e1e9fc6e38-47245-2949380efa673bd8c4523694a3f5f4dd.jpeg)

I have to be honest - game-wise I think this is one of the best pre-seasons I have seen with Milan in recent memory. We held our own (more or less) against teams well head of us in class and in fitness. 3-4 good signings and a top 3 finish wouldn't be impossible.

But even without, assuming we can keep our current players fit, we should be able to land a top 6 position with this team for sure.

In other words, the same targets as last season.

Good words. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 6 2016, 09:40 AM
Post #240

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

At top 6 position isn't a sure thing for EL even.

Anyway, let's see what happens in these last 3 weeks or so of the transfer window.

We still have a lot of baggage we need to offload and key positions that need to be strengthened. If the squad remains relatively the same, I'd say we're in trouble

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:26 AM