han2503
post Feb 6 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #61

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 5 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Allegri said today that he didn't insert Vila' in the CL list because 1) he's young; 2) he's played only 12 games with Espanyol; 3) he arrived in Milanello only one day before the list was composed; 4) he couldn't prefer him over players like Zambrotta and Inzaghi.

Now, my counterpoints. Vila' is not young. He's 21 for Christ's sake, that's the same age as Pato. We've seen much younger players compete in the CL. He's played only 12 games with Espanyol this season, true. But that's because he was injured the first two months of the season. He played all games of November and December. Moreover, he played the whole second half of last season as a starter. So please, the whole argument of inexperience is just a load of crap. Moreover, the fact he arrived one day before the list was composed means nothing at all. Finally, he couldn't prefer him to players like Zambrotta and Inzaghi, who will be out till the end of March, but he could have chosen him instead of Verdi, who as of now, has no connection whatsoever to the first team. So please, Mr. Allegri, stop jabbering about pointless crap and be more rational in your arguments.

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't get over this. I really hope I'm proven wrong and Vila' turns out to be a great signing, but if and until that happens, I'll always remain skeptical about his signing.

Is Pippo in the list?

I don't get it... Why bother when he's out for the entire season?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 6 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #62

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Pippo requested, since there's a chance he'll be back in March.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #63

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 6 2011, 01:09 PM) *
Pippo requested, since there's a chance he'll be back in March.

Yes. He'll be back in March, along with Zambrotta and Ambrosini.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 6 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #64

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

..at least we hope so...

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Feb 6 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #65

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 5 2011, 10:29 PM) *
You're not feeling me, Fillippo. I have no idea how good Vila' is, I've never seen him play. What I'm annoyed about is the fact that he was excluded for the CL. Like I said, Zambrotta won't be available till mid-March, and Emanuelson isn't available in the CL. So that leaves only Antonini for us.

And Bonera also. Like it our not, he is a left-back option nowadays. Also Jankulovski is called up, right? That makes 3 left-backs.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #66

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 6 2011, 03:43 PM) *
And Bonera also. Like it our not, he is a left-back option nowadays. Also Jankulovski is called up, right? That makes 3 left-backs.

I'm talking about 'valid' alternatives. The fact Allegri plays Bonera on the left means nothing. He could very well play Pato there and then we'll say he's a left-back? Bonera is not a left-back! Jankulovski never plays, though I'd choose him over Oddo any day.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Feb 6 2011, 05:03 PM

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Feb 6 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #67

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2011, 05:59 PM) *
I'm talking about 'valid' alternatives. The fact Allegri plays Bonera on the left means nothing. He could very well play Pato there and then we'll say he's a left-back? Bonera is not a left-back! Jankulovski never plays, though I'd choose him over Oddo any day.

What makes you think Vila would be a valid alternative? I can't judge... can you? Have you watched him this season?

And Bonera can play as left-back, something Pato couldn't. Is Bonera a good left-back? That's a different question. (But we have (close to) no good left-back.) Janku actually have been playing lately. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Feb 6 2011, 05:03 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2011, 05:04 PM
Post #68

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 6 2011, 06:02 PM) *
What makes you think Vila would be a valid alternative? I can't judge... can you? Have you watched him this season?

Because HE IS A LEFT-BACK! Jeez, you really couldn't figure that out?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #69

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

The point here is that Bonera shouldn't be thought of as an option at LB. Janku would do a far better job then him atleast. As X-Off said, just because Allegri plays him there doesn't make him a LB, just means Allegri is (Ryhmes with cupid) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 7 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #70

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 5 2011, 10:18 PM) *
Yes. In other words, he just doesn't want to say that "I didn't include Vila' because he's not good enough", so he makes up excuses to justify his choice. Galliani stated clearly that "we would sign a fullback that could play the Champions League", and now that we've signed him, he's not included in the CL list? The whole thing stinks. My only explanation for this, at the moment, is that Vila' is just another Grimi/Mationi/Montelongo that will never see the pitch and will most likely be sent on loan next season. Again, I hope I'm proven wrong and he turns out to be a great signing, but as of now, I can't think of any other rational motive for why he was excluded from playing the CL.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) That's what I would say as well. do you really expect him to destroy the boy's confidence by saying those words? no, really?!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 7 2011, 11:03 AM
Post #71

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

+1. He said the boy's got a lot to learn, which is pretty much the same as saying he's not ready.

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 8 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #72

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

ilan are keeping very close tabs on Rennes' starlet Yann M'Vila, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 20-year-old is already a fixture in Laurent Blanc's France side and is widely considered as the one of the best all-round midfielders to emerge in recent years.

La Gazzetta understands that Milan's director of sport Ariedo Braida has watched M'Vila in person.

M'Vila has spoken of his desire to stay with Rennes next season because he feels regular first team football is important at this stage of his career.

However, Rennes President Frederic de Saint Sernin might be tempted into accepting a bid worth around €15m.

Milan are looking to bolster the central midfield position in the summer, as Mark Van Bommel is expected to leave once his six-month contract expires.

Liverpool are also reportedly interested in M'Vila.

Their director of football strategy Damien Comolli is known to be a particularly keen admirer.

Who is he?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 8 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #73

Primavera
Group Icon

Haven't seen much of him. But I don't trust Gazzetta when it comes to Milan + I don't see us spending so much on a 20 year old midfielder, especially if the Ganso thing is to happen.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 8 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #74

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Regarding this Yann M'Vila rumor, was anyone else reminded of Gourcuff!? he's French, a Rennes player, plays in midfield, is very young and is "widely considered" as something good! hell, even his first name is Yann, not very different from Yoann!

No thanks.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 8 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #75

Primavera
Group Icon

Sorry Zed but...that's really a lame reason to say no. I'd rather have someone who actually saw him play a few times.

+Quote Post

311 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:26 PM