> Summer Transfers 2011

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 5 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #46

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Gosh, here comes a story out of nothing. Let it be my friend, Didac Vila is as important as Flavio Roma to the team. We should concentrate on other things, Vila is irrelevant.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 5 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #47

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Even if this Vila doesn't turn out to be the next Roberto Carlos ... Why are you so mad ? What if he was a bargaining chip for the summer transfer widow ? What if Allegri knows his team better than us ? What if Berlusconi bought him just to f@ck with you ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

What do I think ? I'm not bothered; even if he had not arrived, I wouldn't have cared ... Hell a transfer window with Cassano is enough for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 5 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #48

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Err, we only have one left-back at the moment, the imperious Luca Antonini. He's been underperforming the whole season so far. Not to mention, if he gets injured, we're screwed. So tell me, how's this problem coming out of nowhere? Vila' should not even make it on the bench tomorrow, according to Gazzetta and Mediaset.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 5 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #49

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 5 2011, 08:32 PM) *
Err, we only have one left-back at the moment, the imperious Luca Antonini. He's been underperforming the whole season so far. Not to mention, if he gets injured, we're screwed. So tell me, how's this problem coming out of nowhere? Vila' should not even make it on the bench tomorrow, according to Gazzetta and Mediaset.

We both don't rate Legrottaglie and Jankulovski high, but sorry, the still exist you know. You're making a fuss out of nothing with this Vila thing.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 5 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 5 2011, 09:47 PM) *
We both don't rate Legrottaglie and Jankulovski high, but sorry, the still exist you know. You're making a fuss out of nothing with this Vila thing.

LOL, why are you even mentioning Legrottaglie and Jankulovski? The first is a CB, the other has barely played a few minutes in the last two seasons. They are not an answer.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 5 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #51

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 5 2011, 09:16 PM) *
LOL, why are you even mentioning Legrottaglie and Jankulovski? The first is a CB, the other has barely played a few minutes in the last two seasons. They are not an answer.

Same goes for Vila. Jankulovski and Vila are on same level if you count the pro's and contras.
Legrottaglie can play a LB and done that. Also, there is now Zambrotta and Emanuelson for emergency.

Bottom line is, we don't have a proper LB, with or without Vila. He's irrelevant, once more.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 5 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #52

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 5 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Same goes for Vila. Jankulovski and Vila are on same level if you count the pro's and contras.
Legrottaglie can play a LB and done that. Also, there is now Zambrotta and Emanuelson for emergency.

Bottom line is, we don't have a proper LB, with or without Vila. He's irrelevant, once more.

You're not feeling me, Fillippo. I have no idea how good Vila' is, I've never seen him play. What I'm annoyed about is the fact that he was excluded for the CL. Like I said, Zambrotta won't be available till mid-March, and Emanuelson isn't available in the CL. So that leaves only Antonini for us.

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 5 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #53

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

I thought Zambrotta was only out for 1 month :S

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 5 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #54

Primavera
Group Icon

Yes. Well, I'm just not so pissed because: 1) Allegri isn't CL finals materials (at least not yet) 2) Milan today is a decent squad but not enough strong to be a finalist.

So I don't get so much excited about the CL list, because I already know we're not gonna be finalist, nor is this our priority this season. And honestly, elimination in last 16 or quater finals...who cares? It ultimatively could only hurt us in the league.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #55

I want us to pass those quarter finals. The last time we did was in 2007. Plus, we're facing Tottenham, not Barça or Chelsea or United etc. So we have all the possibilities to pass.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 6 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #56

Primavera
Group Icon

What's the difference? Teams like Milan play the CL to win it or the don't care at all. Even if we pass the Spurs, what then - a humiliation against Barça?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 6 2011, 01:21 AM
Post #57

Milan has always cared about the CL. And even though this year we're concentrated mostly on the league, we are going to try and win it. Hell, who wouldn't?

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Feb 6 2011, 03:48 AM
Post #58

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2011, 03:21 AM) *
Milan has always cared about the CL. And even though this year we're concentrated mostly on the league, we are going to try and win it. Hell, who wouldn't?

Exactly. That's the right spirit. We might not win it, but some other team will have to spit blood to past through us.

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Feb 6 2011, 06:31 AM
Post #59

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,681

by the way, i don't seem to see this spurs tie as being particularly easy - don't short change them. They're central midfield is creative, their wingers have world class pace, and their cf's are erratic but at times deadly. I think this game is going to open, decided on away goals, high scoring, and IMO despite the glamor of Arsenal-Barca and Inter-Bayern, could be the best match of the round for neutrals. They've beaten Inter 3-1. No shame in losing to them if we do, and if we beat them, then we should feel confident about a deep run. This tottenham tie is the perfect litmus test.

But more than them, it's our injuries that'll hurt us. I hope that when we face them, we'll have Boateng and Flamini's legs in midfield cuz they're midfield is fast. With Pirlo fit, playing shackle-free, allowing him to pick out balls to ibra or link up cassano and robinho, I actually do think we're champions league final material.

About Vila, he's not completely irrelevant. He's a starting player on the spanish under-21 national team. If Galliani had swooped for the equivalent for the Azzurini, im sure we'd all be happy. If he's technically capable of playing in spain, and learns the guile of Italian defending, Vila could be anything BUT irrelevant. But him missing this year's CL is no prob, i see him as one for the near future.

This post has been edited by vnata001: Feb 6 2011, 06:37 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 6 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #60

Primavera
Group Icon

About Vila, he's not completely irrelevant. He's a starting player on the spanish under-21 national team. If Galliani had swooped for the equivalent for the Azzurini, im sure we'd all be happy. If he's technically capable of playing in spain, and learns the guile of Italian defending, Vila could be anything BUT irrelevant. But him missing this year's CL is no prob, i see him as one for the near future.

While the Vila transfer was really no big deal, getting Santon would be a bomb. I don't think it's comparable in any way: if we had signed Santon, he'd be listed for the CL.

Vila is not irrelevant for the future, no, he could as well become someone; but right now, he's irrelevant.

Actually, I really don't think so. I think we concentarte completely on the scudetto (hence - the winter signings: not even one CL-wise move). If we had even a dream of getting into the CL final we'd signed a proper leftback.

+Quote Post

311 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:31 AM