dst
post Jan 27 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jan 27 2007, 06:50 PM)
I really think Platini is has enough of a professional not to give any advantages to Juve.

He already said something about Agnelli which I didn't take the time to read...

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Jan 27 2007, 06:54 PM)
sounds optimistic :|

sounds fake and "plastic" too...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

HasanHasanly
post Jan 27 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #32

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 476

@dst

some hope, at least...

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 27 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #33

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 27 2007, 07:26 PM)
Well I really don't think he can or will do anything to harm Milan... but maybe Giuve will win the CL for a change!  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

harm us !!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) we'll have to see

+Quote Post

misha
post Jan 29 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #34

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Platini confirms Champions League to be overhauled

PARIS (AFP) - Newly-elected UEFA chief Michel Platini confirmed he intends to reduce the number of clubs that England, Spain and Italy are allowed to qualify for the Champions League.

Platini beat incumbent chief Lennart Johansson to take over the presidency of European football´s ruling body on Friday.

The 51-year-old Frenchman said his proposal was only "a minor" part of his overall project as head of UEFA over the next four years.

However, Platini has effectively confirmed the fears emanating from England, Spain and Italy by saying that of 2009 he hopes to allow only the top three finishers from the domestic league in England, Spain and Italy to qualify for Europe´s premier club competition.

"We need a re-balancing between the countries with big clubs and the clubs in other (UEFA) countries," Platini said.

"England, Spain and Italy are currently allowed to qualify two plus two (two for direct qualification, two for the third preliminary round) but I´m proposing that three clubs be qualified directly for the competition, starting in 2009."

Platini´s plan will likely anger the likes of Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and German legend Franz Beckenbauer, now a top official with Bayern Munich and who openly opposed the Frenchman´s bid for the presidency.

Ferguson said after Platini was voted in: "The Champions League has been good.

"If you take away the fourth place teams, the only way to address that is by reducing the competition or by giving other countries two places.

"But the appeal of the Champions League is when the giants of Spain or Italy or England come up against each other."

Platini however said the Champions League was only a small part of his wider ambitions.

And he suggested his detractors should concentrate on qualifying for the competition by finishing third in their respective leagues.

"There are many more important issues to focus on than who is going to be the fourth team in 2009," he added.

"They should just concentrate on finishing third."

During his campaign Platini was branded a "social romantic" by the German federation president, Theo Zwanziger.

However, the Frenchman said the issue of "solidarity" would remain a constant during his tenure.

"Today we give a lot of money to the smaller federations. But it´s not always a question of money," said the former France and Juventus legend.

"Why don´t we, for example, invite coaches from countries like Georgia to come and reap the benefits of the French national training centre for two weeks ... all at the expense of UEFA?"

Platini said he had already brushed off criticism of his plans from England and Germany.

"The important thing is to work for the greater good of football."

link

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 29 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

If he does this I wouldn't be surprised to see the G14 clubs would unite and compete in that Super league they have been talking about

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 29 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #36

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 29 2007, 03:53 PM)
If he does this I wouldn't be surprised to see the G14 clubs would unite and compete in that Super league they have been talking about

Hah ... That would be sweet !!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jan 29 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #37

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 29 2007, 01:53 PM)

Nah...I don't think so. No G14 club really wants that league, they just use it to blackmail the UEFA. A few weeks ago Bayern even considered to leave the G14.
And to be honest, I really don't want to see that league.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 29 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jan 29 2007, 03:02 PM)
Nah...I don't think so. No G14 club really wants that league, they just use it to blackmail the UEFA. A few weeks ago Bayern even considered to leave the G14.
And to be honest, I really don't want to see that league.

They have nothing to lose and everything to gain if this where to happen. Think of the money they would get from the TV rights alone.

And I would prefer the CL to stay the same, this might sound bad but I would rather see the CL have 4 big teams from the big leagues rather then having those 4 teams be from leagues like Russia and so on. Call me selfish but I think that would reuce the quality of the Champions league.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jan 29 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #39

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 29 2007, 07:08 PM)
They have nothing to lose and everything to gain if this where to happen. Think of the money they would get from the TV rights alone.

And I would prefer the CL to stay the same, this might sound bad but I would rather see the CL have 4 big teams from the big leagues rather then having those 4 teams be from leagues like Russia and so on. Call me selfish but I think that would reuce the quality of the Champions league.

The teams that won't play the CL will be in the UEFA Cup. I really liked the UEFA Cup in the 90ies, but it became a championship for the boring clubs that didn't make it to the CL. All the Eastern European teams play in the UEFA Cup, and the ones from Western Europe in the CL. That's not good IMO. I want to a more interesting UEFA Cup again!

+Quote Post

naurif
post Feb 1 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #40

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 380

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jan 30 2007, 12:58 AM)
The teams that won't play the CL will be in the UEFA Cup. I really liked the UEFA Cup in the 90ies, but it became a championship for the boring clubs that didn't make it to the CL. All the Eastern European teams play in the UEFA Cup, and the ones from Western Europe in the CL. That's not good IMO. I want to a more interesting UEFA Cup again!

yes, and i thnk this way will help in makin UEFA cup more interesting than its now

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 26 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #41

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jan 27 2007, 03:34 AM)
It's also obvious to me that Platini is the worst nightmare for that stupi @ss Blatter.

What !?? Platini is the worst nightmare for Blatter !??

Hey pal are you from Mars or what?? Platini is Blatter's puppet, the day he was elected was probably the saddest for football cause it meant the only fort still safe fell on that cheap and dirty man's hands. Platini is Blatter's clone. Blatter's infulence on him is evident. Same politics, same rhetoric and delivery talk, same ideas, same bozoism! Platini went, thewed by his mentor, in every single "little" federation and taking advantage of the fact that the Eastern Bloc felt thrust aside by the Nyon establishment ( (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) he promised to give them everything... Extra spots on the CL, extra spots on the Euro and Paolo knows what else. Hmm... Reminds me of what Blatter had promised to the Caribbean and Southeastern Asia countries for the World Cup... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Even their stupid ideas are so much alike. Someday Blatter had suggested the World Cup should be played every two years. Someday Platini had suggested that the CL should be played with a tableu (just like in tennis), from #1 to #128... Which means Milan for example should begin the competition by playing with some San Marino team, Man U with some Afghanistan one and so on... Johansson is not the best president ever but at least he's not an artful driveller! Now UEFA will be handled just like every other Blatter store, which is what he's been wishing for... he always slobbered for UEFA's cash-desk!

What Platini plans for the CL is so utterly stupid and so highly doubtable that even the newly-elected or re-elected members of the executive committee will not certainly support it (the colloquy [spelling] begins in April). I won't even comment on whether or not the sponsors and broadcasters will support it with their own palpable way... The fourth CL spot Italy, Spain and England have is not a problem in any way. If that fourth team deserves it then it will go through and it is what the tournament needs. If not then 9 times out of 10 it is thrown out, on August! Just like Everton last year. Just like Osasuna and Chievo this year. Just like Mallorca some years ago. No structure ever kept Rapid Wien, Molde, HJK, Maccabi Tel Aviv or whichever team out of the CL.

You know... these days the CL trophy is on tour at the Asian continent. A replica of course cause the real one is still on Barcelona's museum waiting for Puyol to bring it here in Athens on March 9. This also reminds me of Blatter's politics, often implemented by FIFA (just like they did with the WC trophy, another replica of course). I'm not saying that taking the trophy on tour is a bad idea but done this way it's like... you know, like "beads to the aboriginals" ( hope you get what I'm trying to say ). Now tell me, how are the people of Indonesia and China are going to feel when a trophy that is going to be displayed in millions of TVs around the globe on the draw that will take place in Athens on the 9th of March is at the same time going to be displayed at Jakarta and Beijing ? Fatuous to say the least... If this fiasco and the lame two days' CL action is the first sign of the new "Platini Era" I shudder to the thought of what's coming next...

I wish I'm going to be proved a liar and an idiot but I fear everything that was built at UEFA by the technocrats in recent years (the enhanced CL, ΕURO competitions etc) are going to be wasted. I'd rather have a 120 year old Johansson than the occasional Blatter d!ck ( Platini for the moment ). Blatter is coming to destroy everything on the grounds of "divide and govern" that will keep him at the epicentre of the game. UEFA was the last fortress of solemnity left in world football... what we're going to experience is not even imaginable !

... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

edit: sh1t it took me an hour to put together the right words. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Feb 26 2007, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 27 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #42

Smoking Bianco

Great post dst (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

But why r u looking at it as if its a controversy ?

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 27 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #43

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 27 2007, 01:14 PM)
But why r u looking at it as if its a controversy ?

what do you mean??

And by the way, everyone, sorry for being a bit blatherskite (or should I say blatterskite? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) at the end of my post...

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 27 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #44

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 27 2007, 03:34 PM)
what do you mean??

Platini is Blatter's puppet ... Blatter's infulence on him is evident. Same politics, same rhetoric and delivery talk, same ideas, same bozoism!

Here it just seems to me that Blatter is using Platini to continue whatever he had already paved for.

everything that was built at UEFA by the technocrats in recent years (the enhanced CL, ΕURO competitions etc) are going to be wasted. I'd rather have a 120 year old Johansson than the occasional Blatter d!ck ( Platini for the moment ). Blatter is coming to destroy everything on the grounds of "divide and govern" that will keep him at the epicentre of the game. UEFA was the last fortress of solemnity left in world football... what we're going to experience is not even imaginable !

Thats what I mean .. I know Blatter is a pain, but ur making it look like a controversy of some sorts ..

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 27 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 27 2007, 02:55 PM)
Here it just seems to me that Blatter is using Platini to continue whatever he had already paved for.
Thats what I mean .. I know Blatter is a pain, but ur making it look like a controversy of some sorts ..

I still can't get exactly what you're trying to say. If you read their story intently you can easily understand that they're connected and the real winner of the election is Blatter, not Platini. I don't know how I make it look like a controversy... Blatter desires UEFA's money and he used the only way he could to snatch it. He couldn't have come face to face with Johansson...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 11:51 AM