Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2017

Fishdoll
post Jul 20 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #1231

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,075

Hey mods, we have a bunch of new players. Perhaps player threads should be started for them?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 20 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #1232

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 20 2017, 02:22 PM) *
Hey mods, we have a bunch of new players. Perhaps player threads should be started for them?

We have one active mod and he's a complete slacker *COUGH* HAN *COUGH* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 20 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #1233

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Yeah han! You lazy bum! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif)

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jul 20 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #1234

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Kalinic looking likely, Belotti less so (link)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 20 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #1235

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 20 2017, 11:26 AM) *
Morata to Chelsea confirmed.

We are now left with Belotti as the only option. As for Pippo thinking we should spend 20M and get another mid instead, tbh I can see both sides. There is now no marquee option - Belotti was Conte's first choice and he's ended up instead with Morata. Whereas Morata was ours and now we could end up with Belotti. I can't think of another available feasible top class striker currently on the market so with the options reducing Belotti does appear to be the only route.

But equally...

No point in Kalinic - no better than Bacca, worse actually - and we do still lack that marquee midfielder in the Cesc mould. Would getting a Cesc level mid and using Silva behind Bacca be that bad? Personally I'd rather that than spend big on a striker who we didn't have as first choice. For me the Belotti thing is getting weary - Torino have clearly rejected all our offers.

I don't think Morata has been the first choice in quite a while, probably since May and the comments he made after the CL final completely shifted out attentions away from him

Still, the fee Real have demanded was simply too excessive for someone who's always been the back up. 80m for Morata and the reported 9.5m wage he'll be making at Chelsea are simply too much for him

I still think Belotti has always been the first choice since then, we've only made serious offers for him, not the other 2, which imo says a lot.

As for Cesc level mids, I can't see us signing someone of that calibre in this window, I think Chelsea want to keep Cesc as the super-sub and he seems happy to play that role for some reason. And I don't see anyone of the level available right now. I think someone who can guarantee us 20+ goals a season is necessary. And Belotti is that man, he's a sure thing in the league, and he's an opportunity we shouldn't miss out on. Certainly not to get someone on Bacca's level like Kalinic

And really, what is with this constant hints at Bacca in the first 11? Do you honestly believe he'll be a starter next season? Let alone still be in the team? Bacca is gone, he does not want to play a bench role and we shouldn't put up with his petulant @ss anymore. He is simply a close chapter and we should get his wage off the books.

If push comes to shove, I'd pick Kalinic over him anyway. Provides a lot more to the team than Bacca does

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 20 2017, 02:22 PM) *

I'm just waiting a bit more so I can batch them all. I think we're going to make 2 more signings and call it a day, so when that happens I'll do all the new player threads together

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 20 2017, 02:38 PM) *
We have one active mod and he's a complete slacker *COUGH* HAN *COUGH* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Correction, we have 3, that slacker Jack and Fillipo

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 20 2017, 02:57 PM) *
Yeah han! You lazy bum! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif)

The absolute cheek of this one!!! A fellow mod!!!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 20 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #1236

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 20 2017, 03:12 PM) *
Kalinic looking likely, Belotti less so (link)

Jesus wept. Push came to shove I'd take Belotti but Kalinic?!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 20 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #1237

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 20 2017, 03:20 PM) *
I don't think Morata has been the first choice in quite a while, probably since May and the comments he made after the CL final completely shifted out attentions away from him

Still, the fee Real have demanded was simply too excessive for someone who's always been the back up. 80m for Morata and the reported 9.5m wage he'll be making at Chelsea are simply too much for him

I still think Belotti has always been the first choice since then, we've only made serious offers for him, not the other 2, which imo says a lot.

We offered 70M and 10M wages for Morata. He was the first choice. He clearly still wanted EPL and waited on Chelsea. And got them.

As for Cesc level mids, I can't see us signing someone of that calibre in this window, I think Chelsea want to keep Cesc as the super-sub and he seems happy to play that role for some reason. And I don't see anyone of the level available right now. I think someone who can guarantee us 20+ goals a season is necessary. And Belotti is that man, he's a sure thing in the league, and he's an opportunity we shouldn't miss out on. Certainly not to get someone on Bacca's level like Kalinic

And really, what is with this constant hints at Bacca in the first 11? Do you honestly believe he'll be a starter next season? Let alone still be in the team? Bacca is gone, he does not want to play a bench role and we shouldn't put up with his petulant @ss anymore. He is simply a close chapter and we should get his wage off the books.

If push comes to shove, I'd pick Kalinic over him anyway. Provides a lot more to the team than Bacca does

They're exactly the same tbh. There is no point signing another Bacca. Either play the one we have or sign a serious striker we want to make a statement with. And you can't say 'Bacca's level Kalinic' then contradict it by saying Kalinic is better. I say if push comes to shove why waste that money on another player like the one we have. Either use the one we have or push out the pesky boat to get a serious name.

Correction, we have 3, that slacker Jack and Fillipo

Technically we have only one - those two do nothing as mods. Even less than you, SLACKER!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 20 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #1238

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 20 2017, 03:49 PM) *
We offered 70M and 10M wages for Morata. He was the first choice. He clearly still wanted EPL and waited on Chelsea. And got them.

Gazzetta were the ones who said that, and because they're Gazzetta every other outlet ran with it except for Sky, who have been insisting that Belotti is the first choice for weeks now

Gazzetta have been absolutely woeful this summer when it comes to Milan, Sky's Di Marzio and Fabrizio Romano are the ones who have their fingers on the pulse of Milan. Gazetta have simply not gotten one thing right

I don't believe for a second that we made that offer for Morata. At best it was a plant by our people to get Cairo to move, but Chelsea sort of threw water over it by confirming Morata (the bastards), so now the Kalinic links are cropping up again.

Belotti has been the one for a while now. I personally believe that Morata hasn't been in play since early June.

They're exactly the same tbh. There is no point signing another Bacca. Either play the one we have or sign a serious striker we want to make a statement with. And you can't say 'Bacca's level Kalinic' then contradict it by saying Kalinic is better. I say if push comes to shove why waste that money on another player like the one we have. Either use the one we have or push out the pesky boat to get a serious name.

No they're not. And I'm not contradicting myself. I think they're basically at the same level as player, just above average to good. But Kalinic is simply the better all round player, while Bacca is simply the better poacher who does not work in Montella's system (he works in very few systems nowadays)

Kalinic is an all rounder, he's very good at hold up play, bringing team mates into the game, better header of the ball, better passer and dribbler as well. Bacca simply has that edge in terms if killer instinct, but once again, I'd choose Kalinic all day long as he simply offers more to the team than Bacca does

Technically we have only one - those two do nothing as mods. Even less than you, SLACKER!

Jack is the epitome of slacker

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 20 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #1239

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Also regarding the Kalinic stuff, I personally do believe he's the alternative to Belotti, there no way around that and I think he'd be a huge let down after the mercato we've had. But I also think that the latest resurgence in rumours is just that, rumours because there's nothing much going on with F & M in China

One outlet even reported that Kalinic's agent flew to Milan today. To talk to who FFS?

I don't think we're going to see any movement until the big boys are back in Milan. So let's all just take a breath and wait this out.

I also think F & M might be helping to fire up the Kalinic rumours after Chelsea signed Morata toshow Cairo that we have alternatives as well

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jul 20 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #1240

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 20 2017, 04:20 PM) *

I do follow EPL, and the general consensus seems to be that this was not a good move for Chelsea, more like a "panic-buy" (apparently Chelsea was after Kun, but MC blocked that). Morata is being compared to other Chelsea strikers of past (like Costa) as well as other recent EPL transfers (like Lukaku) and he does not look good in any of these.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Jul 20 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #1241

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 20 2017, 04:20 PM) *
A fellow mod!!!

Can one of you distinguished moderators explain to me why I failed to upload a new picture on my profile? :-)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 20 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #1242

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Diego Costa has been offered to Milan on a loan form until January 2018 according to Repubblica. Then he will join Atletico Madrid who currently have the market suspended.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 20 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #1243

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 20 2017, 06:38 PM) *
Diego Costa has been offered to Milan on a loan form until January 2018 according to Repubblica. Then he will join Atletico Madrid who currently have the market suspended.

F@ck off, we're not a parking lot.

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/cairo-me...o-belotti-49111

So, Cairo is saying that he's not selling Belotti unless a foreign club pays the 100M clause.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Jul 20 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #1244

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Cairo's also looking at a bunch of CFs (Zapata, Simeone, etc). Posturing wouldn't be out of character for him.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 20 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #1245

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 20 2017, 08:29 PM) *
F@ck off, we're not a parking lot.

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/cairo-me...o-belotti-49111

So, Cairo is saying that he's not selling Belotti unless a foreign club pays the 100M clause.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

From Aubameyang to Kalinic.

This window had been going well but this striker saga is really ruining it.

We were in for Aub, Morata and Belotti. We've failed to get any. Now we're getting Kalinic. Fas and Mir may have done good work so far in this window but I have to say they've made a mess of striker. First Silva (meh) now this?

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  « < 81 82 83 84 85 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:12 PM