X-Offender
post Apr 20 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 20 2015, 03:53 PM) *
Getting tired of this saga.

It will be over soon, apparently. Looks like a done deal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 20 2015, 08:05 PM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 20 2015, 06:55 PM) *
It will be over soon, apparently. Looks like a done deal.

I swear I've heard this said 'definitively' (there's that word yet again) before.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 20 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 20 2015, 08:05 PM) *
I swear I've heard this said 'definitively' (there's that word yet again) before.

Yeah, but this time seems like the real deal.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 20 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 20 2015, 08:05 PM) *

As x-off said, I think this time it's pretty much done

The media isn't talking about it in "rumoured" terms but in a more definitive light, especially by saying it will happen this weekend

My only concern about this is that I absolutely know nothing about this potential buyer or what his plans would be for the Club.

I seriously do hope that this is a move for the better and not an Inter type thing.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 20 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #20

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 20 2015, 09:17 PM) *
As x-off said, I think this time it's pretty much done

The media isn't talking about it in "rumoured" terms but in a more definitive light, especially by saying it will happen this weekend

My only concern about this is that I absolutely know nothing about this potential buyer or what his plans would be for the Club.

I seriously do hope that this is a move for the better and not an Inter type thing.

Thai, right?

Far East - AKA where Milan are probably the biggest club other than Real & Utd.

I have a horrible feeling they're using us to make money.

We're a cash cow out there.

I REALLY want to be wrong but very rarely do Far Eastern owners make their clubs a success. All the big money takeovers come from Middle Eastern - PSG: Qatar, Man City: Abu Dhabi. All the Far Eastern ownerships are beyond underwhelming, not least Thohir. And some are downright insane/malevolent:

Less said about Carson Yeung, Vincent Tan etc the better.

I'm worried about this direction.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 21 2015, 09:43 AM
Post #21

It can't get worse than it actually is.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 21 2015, 10:00 AM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 21 2015, 08:43 AM) *
It can't get worse than it actually is.

That was an understandably desperate reply.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 21 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #23

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

The new investor wont guarantee success; ie Parma's situation.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 21 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 21 2015, 12:44 PM) *
The new investor wont guarantee success; ie Parma's situation.

Poor comparison. We're talking of more than a €1 billion here, and a huge brand in the Asian market.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 22 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #25

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Milan will only rise again once Italian football rises. There needs to be a more 'favorable' environment for football clubs to thrive with their peers in europe. I refer to serie a as the reference point here, because coincidentally Italy lost its 4th cl spot with uefa, not because Carlo was owning the tournament with an italian flag, but because everybody else had other priorities.

Loosing a 4th cl seat is a delayed response to a bad situation in italy. A situation which was made worse by uefa's ffp rules. Milan will benifit from the new 'benefactor', but he too has to abide by the ffp framework. His 65% share is a direct payment to the previous owner of that share and not Milan's coffers. Keeping in mind im skeptical about the 650M all being cash. They could very well be cash equivalents in equities or other liquid instruments. Or could be cash, i dont know the terms.

Regardless, serie a is a poor league at the moment and getting poorer, otherwise a native or fellow european would invest. So many owners want to rid themselves of these teams, and asia/states have the capacity and apetite to invest in these highly risky teams in a highly risky league (ie downgraded to 3 cl participants). I think their rational is that europe is at its lowest at the moment and with time, QE and a weak EUR currency, there will be better value in these teams later on.

The stadium and better presence in asia is a boost to Milan, but serie a will remain poor unless its participants strive for better representation in europe. That said, teams can only do so much;p

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 23 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 22 2015, 10:06 PM) *
Milan will only rise again once Italian football rises. There needs to be a more 'favorable' environment for football clubs to thrive with their peers in europe. I refer to serie a as the reference point here, because coincidentally Italy lost its 4th cl spot with uefa, not because Carlo was owning the tournament with an italian flag, but because everybody else had other priorities.

Loosing a 4th cl seat is a delayed response to a bad situation in italy. A situation which was made worse by uefa's ffp rules. Milan will benifit from the new 'benefactor', but he too has to abide by the ffp framework. His 65% share is a direct payment to the previous owner of that share and not Milan's coffers. Keeping in mind im skeptical about the 650M all being cash. They could very well be cash equivalents in equities or other liquid instruments. Or could be cash, i dont know the terms.

Regardless, serie a is a poor league at the moment and getting poorer, otherwise a native or fellow european would invest. So many owners want to rid themselves of these teams, and asia/states have the capacity and apetite to invest in these highly risky teams in a highly risky league (ie downgraded to 3 cl participants). I think their rational is that europe is at its lowest at the moment and with time, QE and a weak EUR currency, there will be better value in these teams later on.

The stadium and better presence in asia is a boost to Milan, but serie a will remain poor unless its participants strive for better representation in europe. That said, teams can only do so much;p

Absolutely. If the league doesn't experience a renaissance in the next five years, with clubs investing into new stadiums and other means of generating profits, and the government doing something about it, then things will remain stale. But a new owner at this point who is willing to invest is the first step in the right direction, and we have to take it.

Marina Berlusconi: "A lot of untrue things have been said lately. It's a very delicate phase, silence is an obligation"

Mr. Bee should arrive tomorrow to meet Silvio. He wants an immediate 60% purchase of the shares, whereas the club wants to sell only 20% now and the rest for next season.

The other guy, Mr. Lee who represents the Chinese party of interest, is going to meet Silvio in the next few hours, and is will to propose €600 million now with a more gradual approach. Apparently the management is more in favor of this solution than the Thai one.

Link

+Quote Post

William405
post Apr 23 2015, 07:24 PM
Post #27

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

I'm with you guys, even with a new owner..I won't get my hopes up! Other than the need for money spending..we really do need good management of the club.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 23 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 23 2015, 07:24 PM) *
I'm with you guys, even with a new owner..I won't get my hopes up! Other than the need for money spending..we really do need good management of the club.

I think first and foremost we need to get rid of guys like Galliani who have made so many bad decisions that they are a huge part of the reason for the current position we've found ourselves in

No doubt the league and country we play in don't help matters

But Milan had the revenue streams and success that should have been able to sustain us better than the radical fall from grace we saw after 2007. We're not Parma, we had a lot of things going for us and had we been run better we wouldn't have seen the massive decline that we did

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 25 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 23 2015, 10:14 PM) *
I think first and foremost we need to get rid of guys like Galliani who have made so many bad decisions that they are a huge part of the reason for the current position we've found ourselves in

No doubt the league and country we play in don't help matters

But Milan had the revenue streams and success that should have been able to sustain us better than the radical fall from grace we saw after 2007. We're not Parma, we had a lot of things going for us and had we been run better we wouldn't have seen the massive decline that we did

Actually I'm not that sure about getting rid of Galliani. Because, yes, he made a ton of mistakes. But if a new board and takeover would give us money, I'd keep him. Galliani never or rarely failed with money. It's this situation he can't handle.

And one more thing to R7. Yes, the league needs to get some political reinforcement and move forward. But that's not in Milan's power. Let's put it this way: I'd rather we try and do our best, prepare ourselves for the Serie A rebuild that is bound to happen sometime - be it in 5 or 50 years - and be ready for the new system. Because this is how dynasties are made: clubs move forward and then establish domination while others still try to adapt/catch up.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 25 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #30

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 25 2015, 10:56 AM) *
Actually I'm not that sure about getting rid of Galliani. Because, yes, he made a ton of mistakes. But if a new board and takeover would give us money, I'd keep him. Galliani never or rarely failed with money. It's this situation he can't handle.

And one more thing to R7. Yes, the league needs to get some political reinforcement and move forward. But that's not in Milan's power. Let's put it this way: I'd rather we try and do our best, prepare ourselves for the Serie A rebuild that is bound to happen sometime - be it in 5 or 50 years - and be ready for the new system. Because this is how dynasties are made: clubs move forward and then establish domination while others still try to adapt/catch up.

I simply think Galliani is just not good for the job anymore, he lets sentiment and personal like/dislike of players/coaches guide his decisions

And I think he's wasted enough money on pointless signing as it is, I don't know what other owner would be happy with the deals he's made over the past decade.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:53 PM