ToNTZa
post Feb 23 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #17

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 567

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2007, 05:04 PM)
I would like to see Oli next to Ronaldo again

I agree cause they worked well together against Siena.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Feb 23 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 782

Recently we have had bad luck in facing sampdoria, but it seems like fate is favoring us nowadays

2-0 i say

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 23 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #19

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2007, 04:04 PM)
I would like to see Oli next to Ronaldo again, Gila seems to have lost all his sharpness again and doesn't look like scoring anytime soon

These last matches have made me realize Oli is not a player for Serie A. He's way too weak physically, and loses the ball every time he's being close-marked. His movements and class are something to admire, yes. But there's more than that that makes a player great. I think Oli fits in La Liga perfectly, that's where he should play and show everybody what he can really do. I don't think Serie A can be his home, it's too much for him. I know he's been improving a lot lately, but I highly doubt we'll see him with the Milan jersey for much longer. I wouldn't actually be surprised if we swapped him with Ronaldinho or Torres (+ cash) for next season. As for Gila, you can say whatever your hearts feels like saying, but I think he's a complete player, and in a couple of years, after he'll had gained the sufficient experience, he's going to be one hell of a striker. I personally wouldn't trade him with anybody in the world. I just love his chemistry with Kakà, it feels like they've been playing together since they were kids. Maybe you're angry at him for the goal occasions he wastes once in a while, but I think that's just part of the game. Gila is a team player, he plays for the team, he sacrifices his self for the team, unlike some needless dumbells like Messi, which all they want to do is show the world how great they are. He's also a great person, and that's another thing that counts a lot nowdays. This is my personal opinion, so feel free to contest me anytime.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 23 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #20

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 23 2007, 03:55 PM)
This is my personal opinion, so feel free to contest me anytime.

You have been officially contested by Max. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 23 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 23 2007, 09:55 PM)
These last matches have made me realize Oli is not a player for Serie A. He's way too weak physically, and loses the ball every time he's being close-marked. His movements and class are something to admire, yes. But there's more than that that makes a player great. I think Oli fits in La Liga perfectly, that's where he should play and show everybody what he can really do. I don't think Serie A can be his home, it's too much for him. I know he's been improving a lot lately, but I highly doubt we'll see him with the Milan jersey for much longer. I wouldn't actually be surprised if we swapped him with Ronaldinho or Torres (+ cash) for next season. As for Gila, you can say whatever your hearts feels like saying, but I think he's a complete player, and in a couple of years, after he'll had gained the sufficient experience, he's going to be one hell of a striker. I personally wouldn't trade him with anybody in the world. I just love his chemistry with Kakà, it feels like they've been playing together since they were kids. Maybe you're angry at him for the goal occasions he wastes once in a while, but I think that's just part of the game. Gila is a team player, he plays for the team, he sacrifices his self for the team, unlike some needless dumbells like Messi, which all they want to do is show the world how great they are. He's also a great person, and that's another thing that counts a lot nowdays. This is my personal opinion, so feel free to contest me anytime.

GREAT GREAT post. On both the points you made, both are spot on imo.

About Oli, I think he can improve though, I think he's just accumstomed too much to playing in Spain, but Brazilians normally adjust to their serroundings quite well, not matter where they play (unless it's the EPL) I personally think that even R10 would struggle in Serie A if we ever bought him. You could see him against Liverpool the other day, he was finding it hard to free himself because Liverpool where playing a pressing game and where not allowing him space and time on the ball, just like every team would do to him, week in, week out in the Seria A.

Kaka for example doesn't have a very strong physical build, apart from being tall he is light weight also, but he got used to playing in the Serie A because that's where he is playing in his developing stage, Oli and R10 have played in the La Liga and French league during this time, so it will take time to adjust.

I think Oli can make it. He should work on his physique more then anything else, so as not to get knocked off the ball quite easily

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 23 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #22

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

@han maybe X-Off can get you his phone number. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Feb 23 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #23

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 23 2007, 03:36 PM)
Recently we have had bad luck in facing sampdoria

And it looks like it's continuing...

Milan have blamed Celtic for causing the illness of four of their star players – because of the cold showers at Parkhead!

Vice-President Adriano Galliani spoke to ‘Milan Channel’ this evening and revealed that Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso, Yoann Gourcuff and Massimo Ambrosini are all in bed with flu symptoms.

The club doctor maintains the illness was caused by the cold showers in the Parkhead locker room after Tuesday’s 0-0 Champions League draw in Glasgow.

While the players were still in the post-match shower, a fire alarm went off that automatically cut the supply of hot water.

Galliani assures it is no laughing matter, as the four midfielders all risk missing out on Sunday’s Serie A clash with Sampdoria.

Typical! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/realmad.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 23 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #24

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 23 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #25

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Aaaaaaargh!! Cr@p..just when Pirlo is finding his feet back from his outer space trip. Just what we need.

And Rino too? And no Ambro? And no Brocchi either. And Yoann's sick too. Picture Perfect. We have no midfield.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 24 2007, 01:23 AM
Post #26

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) WOOOAHHHH.. DAMN!!

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Feb 24 2007, 01:31 AM
Post #27

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Serie A Preview: Milan-Sampdoria

BACKGROUND

Things just continue to get worse and worse for Italian football—the Calciopoli scandal, the horrifying violence in Catania which resulted in the death of a police officer, and now the suspension of Sampdoria striker Francesco Flachi after he tested positive for cocaine. This is just the latest in a long line of doping and drug scandals in Italy, but is nonetheless cause for concern.

He has long been a player admired by supporters of clubs around Italy. His work rate is good, and he displays quality skill against even the loftiest of opponents. Now, however, his skill set will not be what is critiqued, but the choices he makes in his personal life.

The Italian Serie A has been the standard bearer, unfortunately so, in recent seasons for what is wrong with football in general. Mass tossing of flares onto the pitch has become a problem of late, but other issues have for quite some time stained one of the top leagues in all of Europe. The club-wide doping scandal of Juventus in the 1990’s comes to mind, and individual suspensions of big-name players such as Fernando Couto (who was Lazio captain at the time) also dishearten those who enjoy calcio. Not to be forgotten, or course, is the case of Milan striker Marco Borriello, who has also been suspended for banned substances.

This is something which must be dealt with by the ruling bodies, as it continues to hurt the Italian game.

CURRENT FORM

Milan (W W W, 33 points, 6th place in Serie A) The Rossoneri are playing better right now than they have all season. Without having lost since November, they are beginning to show the form which was expected of them this term.

Sampdoria (L W W, 30 points, 9th place in Serie A)

‘Doria are also playing well at the moment, but will be hurt by the loss of Francesco Flachi for an as yet undetermined amount of time. They are only three points shy of a spot for the UEFA Cup next season, and that must remain their goal toward the end of the season.

TEAM NEWS

Milan again have numerous players out of the lineup, but not all through injury as is usually the case. Following the scoreless draw in Champions League play on Tuesday against Celtic in Glasgow, Scotland, there was a bit of a power shortage, which cut off the hot water supply to the locker rooms. As a result, four of Milan’s first-team players are suffering from flu-like symptoms. They are Yoann Gourcuff, Andrea Pirlo, Massimo Ambrosini, and Gennaro Gattuso. All four of these players are midfielders, and this is a huge hit to Milan. As far as injuries go, Serginho and Alessandro Nesta remain out, with Cristian Brocchi suspended. Filippo Inzaghi and Clarence Seedorf appear to have recovered for this encounter.

Sampdoria are also facing the prospect of fielding a less than full strength team. Emiliano Bonazzoli is not quite fit, while Ruben Olivera, Christian Terlizzi, Gianluca Berti, Gennaro Delvecchio, and Davide Franceschini are out.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Ronaldo (Milan) – After his brace last weekend against Siena, he will be expected to keep banging in the goals. The trio of Ronaldo, Oliveira and Kakà is beginning to really look like something special.

Fabio Quagliarella (Sampdoria) – He is the club’s leading scorer this season, and was even a rumored transfer target for Milan during January. He will partner well up front with Fabio Bazzani, and they will give the Milan defense a stern test.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2): Storari; Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà; Oliveira, Ronaldo

Sampdoria (4-4-2): Castellazzi; Zenoni, Falcone, Accardi, Bastrini; Maggio, Volpi, Palombo, Zeigler; Quagliarella, Bazzani

PREDICTION

Milan will struggle with the sickness of their midfield players, and as a result, the attacking onus will be left up to Kakà. He should be up to the task, but Sampdoria have some weapons of their own.

Milan 2-1 Sampdoria

goal.com

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Feb 24 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #28

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Why does that goal preview say that Pirlo, Ambro and Gattuso will most likely miss the game, yet include them in the starting 11 anyway? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 24 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

So... we have no midfield?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I mean... WE HAVE NO MIDFIELD!!!!! NOTHING... 5 players out!! Arghh!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

Let's say none of those 5 gets to play... Should we expect this??

Oddo-XX-XX-Grimi
Cafu--Seedorf ( also not a certainty ) -- Janku
-------Kaka--------
--2R99-----Gila----

I say we'll concede 5 goals... I hope we can go for 6!!

QUOTE (m1ke @ Feb 24 2007, 02:44 PM)
Why does that goal preview say that Pirlo, Ambro and Gattuso will most likely miss the game, yet include them in the starting 11 anyway? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

That 3 year old again! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 24 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #30

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

(IMG:http://media2.acmilan.com/200701/5647_big.jpg)

Coach Ancelotti Press Conference

He says Simic and Bonera are going to play in defence (I've been waiting for this and think it's gonna be good!). Ronaldo will certainly play and but he's not sure who will be his partner in attack. Seedorf and Dida are available but Kalac will play if Dida is not 100% fit. Rino and Yoann have recovered (thank Paolo), Pirlo and Ambro not fully.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:39 PM