Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Juventus reveal more financial losses

misha
post Aug 13 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

Juventus have revealed new operating losses of £14.5 million.
Despite an increase of 9.7% in revenues, the club - who were recently relegated to Serie B for their part in a match-fixing scandal - were unable to balance the books, with an 11.3% increase in operating expenses in the year ending June 30, 2006.

Several players have left the club, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Emerson, Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Patrick Vieira and Gianluca Zambrotta, and those departures will boost the next set of financial figures.

However, the lack of Champions League football will certainly have an adverse impact as last season the club earned 22million euros (£14million) for reaching the quarter-finals.

The continuing decline in fans coming to the stadium will also dig further into the reserves.

The latest figures reveal a drop in gate revenue of 6.164million euros (£4.13million) in comparison with the previous financial year.

It remains to be seen whether the club will this year be able to move from their unpopular 60,000-capacity Stadio delle Alpi to the 24,000-seat Olympic Stadium as previously planned.

Despite the financial restrictions, the club will continue to invest in new training facilities in Vinovo.
tribalfootball
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 13 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Poor b@st@rds...in a way Moggi screwed them the worst!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Aug 13 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Here's food for thought: Would anyone here feel bad if Juve went into receivership and the future of the club became in doubt?

+Quote Post

mishie
post Aug 13 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

i know i would. as an italian football follower and even tho i'm a milan fan juve have been the most sucsessful italian club in the games history. and as such raised the bar for all other clubs to follow, including us. in my opinion to belittle such a great club as juve and say history counts for nothing to me is wrong. yes they are rivals but without competition how can you prove that you yourself are the best. i wish juve a swift return to serieA and hope they can regain the former statue as a great club and are only second to ourselves!!

+Quote Post

planck
post Aug 13 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #5

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,385

I would feel a little sad! There is always this special atmosphere when the clubs "fight". It would be a great loss for Italian football.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Aug 13 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Wasn't expected? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #7

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 13 2006, 09:26 AM)
Juventus have revealed new operating losses of £14.5 million.
Despite an increase of 9.7% in revenues, the club - who were recently relegated to Serie B for their part in a match-fixing scandal - were unable to balance the books, with an 11.3% increase in operating expenses in the year ending June 30, 2006.

Several players have left the club, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Emerson, Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Patrick Vieira and Gianluca Zambrotta, and those departures will boost the next set of financial figures.

However, the lack of Champions League football will certainly have an adverse impact as last season the club earned 22million euros (£14million) for reaching the quarter-finals.

The continuing decline in fans coming to the stadium will also dig further into the reserves.

The latest figures reveal a drop in gate revenue of 6.164million euros (£4.13million) in comparison with the previous financial year.

It remains to be seen whether the club will this year be able to move from their unpopular 60,000-capacity Stadio delle Alpi to the 24,000-seat Olympic Stadium as previously planned.

Despite the financial restrictions, the club will continue to invest in new training facilities in Vinovo.
tribalfootball

There's just one thing I want to say...HAHA

+Quote Post

RD.X
post Aug 13 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #8

The Playmaker

Member No.: 1,384

Serie A wont be the same without Juve (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

No more games where the refs act biased
No more games where the Devils prey on the Zebra
No more doped players
No more competition really.....

But honestly, I Dont Care

+Quote Post

planck
post Aug 13 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #9

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 1,385

QUOTE (RD.X @ Aug 13 2006, 05:55 PM)
Serie A wont be the same without Juve (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

No more games where the refs act biased
No more games where the Devils prey on the Zebra
No more doped players
No more competition really.....

But honestly, I Dont Care

HAHA, nice! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 13 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #10

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I always thought Juve was the only club you could say in the same breath as Milan. Inter was Merda anyway!

Never liked any of the English clubs xcept for Arsenal...and that was mainly coz of Wenger.

And I wouldn't follow Spanish football anyway..so I'm gonna miss Juve

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 13 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #11

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I feel a little sad about their fans cause they don't deserve this. About the club? Burn in hell (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

Shidan
post Aug 13 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #12

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 496

you are all so anti sport.
juve has a glorious history.
i am sorry for them.
we are lucky to be in A.
i hope they will be back on track soon

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 13 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #13

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Now there is no Derby of Italia .. Juve have finally been relegated. Lucky merda, the only team that never fell to lower divisions

+Quote Post

Portman
post Aug 13 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 13 2006, 09:03 PM)
Now there is no Derby of Italia .. Juve have finally been relegated. Lucky merda, the only team that never fell to lower divisions

That's because Guido Rossi is "ONLY" 1 of the Massimo Moratti's best friends... (some people don't know that) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Aug 14 2006, 06:40 AM
Post #15

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,214

I don't want that. I have a freind - juve fan, and it's always very interesting watch Milan-Juve games with him.
So I'd like juve back in Seria A, cause there can't be any realy compatition with merde, they just aren't enough.....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:07 PM