han2503
post Oct 14 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Who: Torino F.C. vs. A.C. Milan

(IMG:http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/hannvis/Torino-Milan_zps0adad523.png)

Where: Stadio Olimpico di Torino

(IMG:http://www.stadiumguide.com/wp-content/uploads/olimpicotorino_front.jpg)

When:
17th October 2015 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

(IMG:http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/hannvis/Milan%20-%20Torino%20stats_zpsqxdcoepc.png)

Serie A Form Guide
Milan: LWWLL
Torino: DWLWL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 14 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Back to the grind.

Hopefully this international break served them well!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 16 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Mediaset predicts 4-3-3: Diego Lopez; Abate, Romagnoli, Zapata, Antonelli; Bertolacci, Montolivo, Kucka; Cerci, Bacca, Bonaventura.

Good to know we've discarded the useless trequartista position. Also, when the hell is Menez coming back?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 17 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 16 2015, 02:53 PM) *
Mediaset predicts 4-3-3: Diego Lopez; Abate, Romagnoli, Zapata, Antonelli; Bertolacci, Montolivo, Kucka; Cerci, Bacca, Bonaventura.

Good to know we've discarded the useless trequartista position. Also, when the hell is Menez coming back?

Don't know...

Zapata still in there... After 3 consecutive games where he proved to be the difference maker... For the other team that is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Also, I don't like seeing Bonaventura on the wing playing as an out and out attacking winger in a 4-3-3, he just doesn't have the attributes to pull that position off as we saw last season when Pippo played him there, and Cerci is just plain old useless.

I personally don't understand the logic in going for a formation that absolutely requires wingers (really good wingers that is) to function, it's just plain old stupid, especially after we got rid of all the players who could actually play in that formation.

A 4-3-2-1 would be the smart solution for us, it would help us pack in the midfield, keep us more compact and probably be the best go at actually functioning anywhere remotely like a proper team. Also, we can use Bona and anyone from Menez, Cerci, Honda or even Balo to play behind Bacca or Adriano in this one and it would work much better than using a system that either relies heavily on a great trequartista, which we don't have or great wingers, which we don't have either.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 17 2015, 10:00 AM
Post #5

4-3-2-1 won't make much of a difference. It still relies on creativity and a capable midfield, which we don't have. I think Miha has finally realized that he has a team full of mediocre players, so he's doing what most small/average clubs do: counter-attack and use the wings. There's no other way to get out of it this season. Hopefully Menez comes back soon and we sign a decent winger in January.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 17 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 17 2015, 10:00 AM) *
4-3-2-1 won't make much of a difference. It still relies on creativity and a capable midfield, which we don't have. I think Miha has finally realized that he has a team full of mediocre players, so he's doing what most small/average clubs do: counter-attack and use the wings. There's no other way to get out of it this season. Hopefully Menez comes back soon and we sign a decent winger in January.

How can you use the wings though if you don't have decent to good wingers who can exploit those situations?

A 4-3-3 if not utilised properly will leave us even more exposed than the 4-3-1-2, just like it did last season, with fewer numbers in midfield.

4-3-2-1, will give us the advantage in midfield but it can also be a more fluid formation when attacking or even counter attacking. As the 2 behind the striker can be given a free role when we're attacking.

Also, we've proven to be terrible at counter attacking and not once this season have we exploited a situation where a counter was on to our advantage, and that really has nothing to do with the formation and more to do with the players themselves

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 17 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #7

I think you're looking at this on paper without considering the quality of our players. 4-3-2-1 requires two technically gifted trequartistas and a midfield that can hold ball possession. We have none. There's no other way to play it. Just crowding a bunch of mediocre players in midfield won't give us any advantage at all.

4-3-3 on the other hand gives you depth, and doesn't require that your wingers are the best in the world as long as all the players are involved. Obviously we won't turn into world beaters by the push of a button, but given the quality of our team I see no other possible way. 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 is the clear way to go.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 17 2015, 11:30 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 17 2015, 11:12 AM) *
I think you're looking at this on paper without considering the quality of our players. 4-3-2-1 requires two technically gifted trequartistas and a midfield that can hold ball possession. We have none. There's no other way to play it. Just crowding a bunch of mediocre players in midfield won't give us any advantage at all.

4-3-3 on the other hand gives you depth, and doesn't require that your wingers are the best in the world as long as all the players are involved. Obviously we won't turn into world beaters by the push of a button, but given the quality of our team I see no other possible way. 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 is the clear way to go.

Disagree, especially about the 4-4-2.

And I also disagree about how you're looking at a 4-3-3 vs a 4-3-2-1. It's not just about how it looks on paper, it's about how it will translate on the pitch, and given the players we have an the level of quality at our disposal, I think a 4-3-2-1 is our best solution. For me a 4-3-3 requires a great midfield that must be equally capable of holding possession as a midfield in a 4-3-2-1 but also wide players capable of exploiting the wide areas as well, which we do not have either.

Anyway, he'll go for a 4-3-3 tonight, so let's see if it's another epic failure.

We'll probably go through every formation in the book anyway to try to come up with some sort of tactical system that works

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 17 2015, 01:25 PM
Post #9

Let's agree to disagree then. Let me ask you just one question though: who would you play behind the striker in a 4-3-2-1? I'm curious.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 17 2015, 03:17 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 17 2015, 01:25 PM) *
Let's agree to disagree then. Let me ask you just one question though: who would you play behind the striker in a 4-3-2-1? I'm curious.

Bona and any one from Cerci, Menez, Honda, Suso, heck even Balo can fit in there.

Aside from Cerci and Menez, we really have no one who can play on the wings in a 4-3-3. Bona imo simply does not have the attributes needed to play on the wing. Maybe Suso as well

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 17 2015, 06:30 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 17 2015, 03:17 PM) *
Bona and any one from Cerci, Menez, Honda, Suso, heck even Balo can fit in there.

Aside from Cerci and Menez, we really have no one who can play on the wings in a 4-3-3. Bona imo simply does not have the attributes needed to play on the wing. Maybe Suso as well

How's that any different from 4-3-1-2 then?

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 17 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Torino: Padelli; Bovo, Glik, Moretti; Zappacosta, Acquah, Gazzi, Baselli, Molinaro; Maxi Lopez, Quagliarella

Torino bench: Castellazzi, Ichazo, V Mantovani, Gaston Silva, Vives, Benassi, Prcic, J Martinez, Belotti, Amauri

Milan: Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Kucka, Montolivo, Bertolacci; Cerci, Luiz Adriano, Bonaventura

Milan bench: Abbiati, Donnarumma, De Sciglio, Zapata, Mexes, Calabria, José Mauri, De Jong, Poli, Suso, Bacca, Honda

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least we'll settle the Alex vs Zapata debate so that Han and X-off can go with their lives. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Perhaps..

This post has been edited by William405: Oct 17 2015, 07:07 PM

+Quote Post

Nova
post Oct 17 2015, 07:24 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

http://milanfan.better-than.tv:5005/stream.flv

And we're live

For who's intrested , channel is BT sport. If freezes , give me a shout and I'll lower the settings for you.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 17 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #14

Cheers Nova!

+Quote Post

Nova
post Oct 17 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

Nice one Torino defence (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:40 AM