> Serie A - Week 17 - Milan - Atalanta, Date: 17/12/16 Time: 18:00 CET

han2503
post Dec 16 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

A tough one but getting the 3 points is a must here after the disappointment at Roma. Thankfully we'll most likely be getting Bona back, and I think Berto can be a nice surprise for us under Montella. Plus Bacca is also back so that's another option up front.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 16 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

Juve-Roma this week, so we have a chance to regain some ground if we can get the 3 points

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 16 2016, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Bona is instrucmental to the way this team plays, and I think there are chances for three points just that Atalanta will be equally motivated especially after their last game with Juve.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 17 2016, 01:27 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 16 2016, 08:59 PM) *
Bona is instrucmental to the way this team plays, and I think there are chances for three points just that Atalanta will be equally motivated especially after their last game with Juve.

Agreed

Regarding Bona, I hope Montella plays him in the front 3. Please spare us from watching Niang bumbling about for another 90 minutes in a crucial game Montella!

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Dec 17 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #5

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

Have any official lineups come out? I saw one that had Kucka, Berto, and Bona in midfield and a front three of Suso, Bacca, and Niang. I wouldn't mind seeing Bertolacci in that deep lying playmaker role, I like Locatelli but I would also like to finally get a string of strong performances out of Berto.

With Pasalic playing better and Berto coming back, we have some actual options in midfield. I hope Montella drops the idea of pushing Maxi and Sosa in there. I thought Sosa would adapt well but he just hasn't performed when called on. I am excited to get to see some more of Atalana's young crop. They have a good team of young players in Caldara, Conti, Kessie, Gagliardini, and Petagna, hopefully, those guys put on a good show and push the management to make a move on them.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 17 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Dec 17 2016, 05:33 PM) *
Have any official lineups come out? I saw one that had Kucka, Berto, and Bona in midfield and a front three of Suso, Bacca, and Niang. I wouldn't mind seeing Bertolacci in that deep lying playmaker role, I like Locatelli but I would also like to finally get a string of strong performances out of Berto.

With Pasalic playing better and Berto coming back, we have some actual options in midfield. I hope Montella drops the idea of pushing Maxi and Sosa in there. I thought Sosa would adapt well but he just hasn't performed when called on. I am excited to get to see some more of Atalana's young crop. They have a good team of young players in Caldara, Conti, Kessie, Gagliardini, and Petagna, hopefully, those guys put on a good show and push the management to make a move on them.

They come out 1 hour before the game starts.

I think we will go like this: Donna, Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio, Kucka, Pasalic, Bertolacci, Suso, Lapadula and Bonaventura.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 17 2016, 04:38 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 17 2016, 03:59 PM) *
They come out 1 hour before the game starts.

I think we will go like this: Donna, Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio, Kucka, Pasalic, Bertolacci, Suso, Lapadula and Bonaventura.

Most outlets have that defence, but Jack, Kucka and Pasalic as the midfield with Suso, Bacca and Niang up top. That's the last I saw.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 17 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 17 2016, 01:27 PM) *
Agreed

Regarding Bona, I hope Montella plays him in the front 3. Please spare us from watching Niang bumbling about for another 90 minutes in a crucial game Montella!

It's about confidence. I've given up on Niang, yes, but I also know he is a confidence player and right now has none. Up till recent matches he's been a vital part of Montella's system and like it or not a reason we've been so successful this season.

He's in dreadful form, and needs dropped, but I do still believe if Montella handles him well like he has Suso, he might just be able to get something out of him. In time.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 17 2016, 05:35 PM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 17 2016, 07:40 PM) *
He's in dreadful form, and needs dropped, but I do still believe if Montella handles him well like he has Suso, he might just be able to get something out of him. In time.

His form is bad in the past couple of games, but overall he has impressed me. He came here young and is still young, yet he seems to have matured and just needs to find his space.

The tactics that Montella is playing with works and I'm with you in that he'll get the beat out of him.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 17 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Watching the game I am reminded why I live in California and not Milano

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 17 2016, 06:46 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Dec 17 2016, 06:25 PM) *
Watching the game I am reminded why I live in California and not Milano

Yeah, the fog is irritating af

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 17 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

So close by both teams there

We need to do better in the second half

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 17 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

We are missing some simple passes there, even Bona and Suso not completing theirs.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Dec 17 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Regionali B

HT 0-0

Milan controlled much of the game, but Atalanta created better chances (we got lucky a couple of times). Bona earned himself an unnecessary YC.

BTW: Donna, Antonelli, Romagnoli, Paletta, Abate, Pasalic, Berto, Kucka, Bona, Lapadula, Suso

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 17 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I think we're missing Locatelli's physicality in midfield, Berto is such a lightweight he can' be the focal point of the midfield, I'd take off Pasalic bring on Loca and move Berto to the side

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:02 AM