> Serie A - Week 16 - Roma - Milan, Date: 12/12/16 Time: 21:00 CET

Danny
post Dec 13 2016, 12:06 PM
Post #76

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 12 2016, 10:57 PM) *
I'm starting to think that Niang's sole purpose in this world is to piss off Milan fans around the world. He's like the embodiment of a curse.

Yeah I'm done with him. He had talent but he's an extraordinarily dumb boy who hasn't developed at all. That said the racism aimed at him last night when he missed the pen was unacceptable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 13 2016, 12:07 PM
Post #77

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

^^ He means the racism on twitter, with the rather boring and needless monkey comparisons. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 13 2016, 01:20 PM
Post #78

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2016, 02:03 PM) *
I've noticed you do this with Han too - have an angry go at him for the adjectives he uses to describe situations and players and basically tell him he's incorrect. You've done it a lot. Be more tolerant of others Pippo!

It's not exactly true that he was one of the best players we had - he managed 6 passes from midfield in the first half. I think I did more than that. It's true that he had one or two good moments, but Jack he was not.

An angry go? I don't think so man. I disagree with many adjectives for situations and players all the time, but that's also one of the points of discussing things at forums. It's my prerogative, as long as the discussion stays civilized and unoffensive. I don't think I'm intolerant at all, but well - maybe I'm wrong (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2016, 02:05 PM) *
Maybe abysmal was strong. Alright is probably fair, if a little generous.

Sorry, I don't wanna be aggressive or something like that, but this is hilarious. Maybe it's a language difference or I really don't get English, but how can you change your assessment from abysmal (which, in my book means 0/10, awful, dreadful or extremely bad) into fair? This is exactly why I said what I said earlier on.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Dec 13 2016, 02:28 PM
Post #79

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 13 2016, 07:21 AM) *
I'm still not sure about his dribbling skills, but Bacca has a better touch and is able to be dangerous from a wider range. That being said, IMO the difference between Bacca and Lapadula isn't that big (in terms of attributes/aspects each player covers) as you guys thought it would be. What we still need is a effective striker who has technique and skill. If Bacca goes, this is a must. Keeping only Lapadula, Adriano and Niang would cost us much.

Bacca's touch is awful and I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that Bacca is dangerous from a wider range. Bacca is dangerous inside the 18 and almost useless outside of that.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 13 2016, 02:44 PM
Post #80

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 13 2016, 01:20 PM) *
An angry go? I don't think so man. I disagree with many adjectives for situations and players all the time, but that's also one of the points of discussing things at forums. It's my prerogative, as long as the discussion stays civilized and unoffensive. I don't think I'm intolerant at all, but well - maybe I'm wrong (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I do think the language barrier does us all a disservice at times. Context is often lost between English, Italian, Arabic or whatever tongue. What one thing means in one language is totally different in another.

Take 'Forza Milan'. That's Italian for 'Go Milan' in English. But semantically speaking forza is 'force' or 'strength' as directly translated into English. But in English context we would never say 'force Milan'. So if you expand that to so much more, you can see just how much is lost in context and ideology.

Sorry, I don't wanna be aggressive or something like that, but this is hilarious. Maybe it's a language difference or I really don't get English, but how can you change your assessment from abysmal (which, in my book means 0/10, awful, dreadful or extremely bad) into fair? This is exactly why I said what I said earlier on.

Again, we're language limited. I didn't mean 'fair' as a rating, I meant 'fair' as in the word 'average' was a 'fair' word to use - and I was being very generous. I said 'average is fair' - not 'average equals fair' but 'average is a fair word to use'.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 13 2016, 02:47 PM
Post #81

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Dec 13 2016, 02:28 PM) *
Bacca's touch is awful and I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that Bacca is dangerous from a wider range. Bacca is dangerous inside the 18 and almost useless outside of that.

Actually I would loosely side with Pippo here. Bacca has a much better touch than many give him credit for, but what he cannot do is hold it up. He doesn't suit being the lone striker. It's why he worked so well alongside Adriano last season, and had a good campaign overall otherwise because Miha's system supported him far better than Montella's.

If you really watch him his basic touch is good, it's just he can't go anywhere under Montella so invariably loses the ball or loses confidence. Under Miha his touch was far better and he played off supporting players much better.

He's a great striker, a better one than Lapagols but he isn't as strong or mobile and that's why Lapagol probably suits Montella better.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 13 2016, 02:48 PM
Post #82

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 13 2016, 12:07 PM) *
^^ He means the racism on twitter, with the rather boring and needless monkey comparisons. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

Depressing it was.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 13 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #83

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 13 2016, 02:04 PM) *
No apology needed!

None asked.

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=58F2AF47

http://www.goal.com/en/match/roma-vs-milan/2305909/ratings

http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/acmila...atings-vs-roma/

EDIT: BTW you must be forgetting that he was off the pitch for 4 months and before playing those 5 minutes vs Torino for a very long time. He was much better than Locatelli for example. Also better than Matti. You must be forgetting a nice assist he made for Lapadula, it was not his fault that we didnt score that one.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Dec 13 2016, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:23 AM