> 1a Giornata - Milan-Lecce [29.08.10], Matchday 1

acid911
post Aug 30 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #301

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2010, 04:59 PM) *
You think? I can't see how Pirlo can get lower than 7. He was simply monstrous last night.

I was talking about the Goal.com ones. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) Pirlo gets 7.5 there, which in the overall scheme of things (as far as that site is concerned) is pretty okay. The Italian outlets almost always give conservative ratings, which I actually prefer. Silva is 7 in almost all the sites, while Goal gives him 8 - I just think that that's one point too high. Extravagant, in other words.

The only way Ronaldinho would get a 9/10 for me is if we are 3-0 down and he single-handily scores three or four goals in the second half. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) That's worthy of a perfect or near-perfect rating. I'm sure most would agree he was at most an 8 least night - efficient, not heavily special. Let's keep those 9s, 10s for those special CL nights, and derbies, shall we!? Those matches that really bring out the best in players. Just my $0.02, of course.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Aug 30 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #302

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 30 2010, 01:43 AM) *
I think perhaps that an hour of listening nonstop to Max Bretos will do for you, Zeddie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Oblige me with a link of him at his best!

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 30 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) Pardon me, but I always get sentimental when it comes to the Fabulous Five (Maldini, Ronaldo, Baggio, Rui Costa, and Dida).

(IMG:http://www.pic4ever.com/images/consoling2.gif)

Count me in your camp, mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) He's good, he's great, okay even world class, but ever since people (and Goal.com in particular) started rating him the best of all time, I've almost started dreading the guys name.

I hope you only dread his name (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) I mean.. it's not his fault people hype him up so much. he goes out there and gives his best for his team every week. he might not be the best but he deserves respect for this, and his humbleness.

I dread the people who claimed (before the world cup of course!) that he was the best player in history.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 30 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #303

Berretti

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 30 2010, 06:13 PM) *
I hope you only dread his name I mean.. it's not his fault people hype him up so much. he goes out there and gives his best for his team every week. he might not be the best but he deserves respect for this, and his humbleness.

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 30 2010, 06:13 PM) *
I dread the people who claimed (before the world cup of course!) that he was the best player in history.

True, that. That piece on Goal.com, the debate that he was the best player in football history still makes my head explode. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) I mean, let the guy finish his footballing adventure. The debate on whether he is best ever can be settled then. Now those journalists are no where to be found after the world cup.

This post has been edited by acid911: Aug 30 2010, 02:21 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 31 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #304

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

So, if you get Goltv you're in luck. They're still running the Milan Channel review of games and will be replaying Milan-Lecce tomorrow (tuesday) at 5pm EST (so, 11pm Milan time).

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Aug 31 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #305

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,716

The worst part about our game yesterday is I now have to wait until the 12th for another one. Blah!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 31 2010, 01:32 AM
Post #306

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Aug 31 2010, 02:21 AM) *
The worst part about our game yesterday is I now have to wait until the 12th for another one. Blah!

Ditto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 31 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #307

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Hah. The Milan Channel replay of the game is using the same commentary from FSC, apparently. I've definitely got Benito Carbone adding comments. He's great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 1 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #308

Berretti

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 1 2010, 03:20 AM) *
Hah. The Milan Channel replay of the game is using the same commentary from FSC, apparently. I've definitely got Benito Carbone adding comments. He's great.

Yeah, should be fun listening to him throughout the season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Color commentary alright!

+Quote Post

abanovac
post Sep 2 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #309

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 7,704

arghh i was watching highlights of the game of youtube and the commentator kept calling ronaldinho "rolandinho". it was so annoying !

+Quote Post

servbot
post Sep 2 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #310

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

Wow....I'm back from holiday and what do I find?

- Ibra is signed for sure, and for much less than the 40m we were discussing when I left

- Robinho, the "backup plan", is also signed (tho not sure he's worth it, but we'll see I guess)

- Kaladze is gone!!!!

- A 4-0 butt-whooping to start the season.

I'm watching the replay of the match right now. Granted, it's against a newly promoted team, but, a couple of things I've seen here have me pretty excited. These guys are giving effort like we haven't seen in awhile, or well, that I've hardly seen at all. Hopefully it's not just adrenaline at starting the season. Also, it seems like there is a real attacking mindset in the squad. They are just running forward all over the place. I've only seen the first half but it could have been 8-0 or more already!

If I remember correctly, wasn't Cagliari among the top attacks in the league last year? Perhaps Allegri has instilled an all-out attacking mindset in the team. It looks fantastic now, and with the new attacking options added on, I think this could be a very exciting season. No more 0-0 matches against the Bolognas or Zurichs anymore! (I hope)

This post has been edited by servbot: Sep 2 2010, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Sep 6 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #311

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

off topic... I AM SO CONFUSED!.. i been trying to visit milanfan for about a month and it kept coming up with a server down page!!!. and all this time nothing has happened to everyone else!? i missed the first game of the season here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 6 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #312

Berretti

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Sep 6 2010, 09:25 AM) *
off topic... I AM SO CONFUSED!.. i been trying to visit milanfan for about a month and it kept coming up with a server down page!!!. and all this time nothing has happened to everyone else!? i missed the first game of the season here

Whoa! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) So sorry to hear this, mate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) But hey, at least your are back now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) That's good enough for us. Hopefully the network problems at your end are sorted out for good.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Sep 6 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #313

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

yeah it works fine now :S

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 6 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #314

Berretti

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Sep 6 2010, 04:40 PM) *
yeah it works fine now

Charming! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) Hope to see more of you around here from now on.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 19 20 21
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:47 AM