Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Staring into a real abyss

Danny
post Sep 30 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

When you look far enough into an abyss, it is supposed to look back at you. Milan's abyss doesn't even want to know.

This season is developing into a real horror show, and is reminding me of the failed Paul le Guen experiment at Ibrox. A real change of regime which started as a nightmare and became hell - he eventually quit - he just wasn't up to the job and it seems Leonardo isn't either.

But he's by no means the only problem - in my previous thread I asked whether losing Kaka, Carlo and Paulo was just too much. It would definitely affect any team, but the current poverty of Milan is far more than their departures could justify.

The key points to address are:

Our manager doesn't act like a boss - he seems to be someone who's found themselves in the wrong job, can't quite understand what he is supposed to do, and is unable to inspire millionaire footballers to do their jobs. He should not have been appointed and the laziness of it is one of the things now haunting us.

Our big summer signing is a bad one. With a dreadful club record since leaving Ajax, and a 20+ game scoring draught, KJH is not doing it for his new club mainly because he's not as good as we thought his Ajax days suggested he was. Hopefully he can turn it round, but it's not promising much yet.

Ronaldinho's form is beyond dire. By no means the only player not doing it, but he's the highest profile Milan player bar Pato. The old Dinho and even the Dinho of early last season is gone, replaced by a player who doesn't look comfortable in his own skin, and isn't at home in this Milan regime.

An inability to look at ease with the ball. The players seem to view it like a hot potato, throwing it awkwardly to each other and none having the composure to do anything with it, bar Seedorf.

There are many more but there's no point depressing one's self. The saving grace we have is a small chink of hope in the CL.

Truth is Milan's form is, as ridiculous as this sounds, if it continues, relegation material. To be outplayed at home by Bari is pretty ridiculous and our goal difference is horrific. We're lucky to be 11th because Milan aren't as good as that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 30 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I agree with most of it. Expect some stick for the Seedorf commendation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

But really, you're not leaving us a lot of room for discussion are you Danny? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) We're f@cked! Now what?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 30 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2009, 12:12 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I agree with most of it. Expect some stick for the Seedorf commendation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

He's been the one guy to do anything in the past few matches. Oddly enough during that dreadful points dock season he was also the only Milan player to come out of the season with any credibility,

But really, you're not leaving us a lot of room for discussion are you Danny? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) We're f@cked! Now what?

2 things need to happen for this club to get out of this mire. One would be the end of the Berlusconi and Galliani 'reign'. A second would be Leo returning to TD and we get in an experienced coach. Get to the end of the season with a credible top 4 finish and then drastically overhaul the playing staff next summer.

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 30 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Change 'bar' with 'especially' and I wholeheartedly agree with you on Seedorf!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 30 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 30 2009, 12:57 PM) *
Change 'bar' with 'especially' and I wholeheartedly agree with you on Seedorf!

Haha, Seedorf basher (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 30 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 30 2009, 07:26 PM) *
Haha, Seedorf basher (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I don't have any facts against me.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 30 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 30 2009, 05:38 PM) *
I don't have any facts against me.

Are you serious? The fact he won us all 3 points V Bologna, the win against Marseilles?

Wow, stop taking yourself so seriously man, it's just opinions at the end of the day.

Smile (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 30 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #8

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

If you haven't wisened up already...he's got a thing for you. He's already imagining you dripping in honey with cream on your erm....use your imagination dude....

So he'll be on you for a while.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) j/k. Don't worry about him. He's mostly harmless. He likes to think he's gay that's all! We all love him to bits over here.

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 30 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 30 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Are you serious? The fact he won us all 3 points V Bologna, the win against Marseilles?

Wow, stop taking yourself so seriously man, it's just opinions at the end of the day.

Smile (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I never took myself seriously but surely the fact he was great against Marseille and mediocre against Bologna (he's not the first player to score a goal while playing badly) does not prove he does not "view the ball like a hot potato".

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 30 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll looks at Danny and dst and (IMG:http://img2.tinypic.info/files/5uyq25oejekcf8l5kwo6.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 30 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

The abyss deepens again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 30 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #12

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll sigh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 30 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 30 2009, 06:04 PM) *
I never took myself seriously but surely the fact he was great against Marseille and mediocre against Bologna (he's not the first player to score a goal while playing badly) does not prove he does not "view the ball like a hot potato".

I didn't say he in particular doesn't, I simply said he is one of the few to have the composure to do something. Although, in saying that, I would say he views it as slightly less of a hot potato than some of his team mates.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 30 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 30 2009, 09:49 PM) *
Fishdoll sigh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I didn't think things could be as bad under Leo as they were under Carlo at some points. But I was wrong, they're far, far worse.

This team and management is absolutely horrible.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Sep 30 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 30 2009, 09:54 PM) *
I didn't think things could be as bad under Leo as they were under Carlo at some points. But I was wrong, they're far, far worse.

This team and management is absolutely horrible.

not in a 100% agreement..this team has some bright points..even if they are a little dull at the moment
Pato..19 and a potential world player of the year
Silvia....looks good along Nesta definately Milan standard defender
Abate...looks better with each game
Storari...good season so far and more solid than anything we've had for a while

Now the bad points....
Leo...a great man but not a top class coach..who's to say he won't be 1 day just not now
Finances...churned over a million times on here so no need to go into them again
Berlusconi....him being P.M is a big pain in the rear, without that job maybe a little free spending would occur

All in all this is the worst side for a decade easily but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel..perhaps we're waiting for the right man to hit the switch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:36 AM