> Lugano-Milan - 09/10/08, Friendly

acid911
post Sep 11 2008, 06:58 AM
Post #136

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 11 2008, 10:13 AM) *
I think that we should stop playing meaningless friendly games, and play more in our own pitch in front of fans. I don't think many fans traveled for this one. I don't like losing, but I look at things realistically. I'm not going to be irrationally angry and call for the sacking of Ancelotti.

I think we should invite more teams to play in the San Siro...

Although, I'm not in the sack-Carlo-just-because-he-lost-a-friendly camp yet, still a part of me believes that there is something wrong with the team, and the coach is smack in the middle of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Maybe it's the motivation problems, maybe stubbornness in sticking with same players, or heck, even some of our bench players not giving their all, in addition to some being horribly out of form and favor.

Agree about the inviting more teams to San Siro part. What use is it with us going and playing there, when they can come in and get a taste of our legendary stadium? I think it comes down to the problem of us having to rent the San Siro, which runs into hundreds of thousands of Euros, as opposed to teams who own their stadium. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Who knows?

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 11 2008, 10:13 AM) *
What's the point of that?

It's called jumping the bandwagon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) It's fun. You should try it sometime!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Sep 11 2008, 07:02 AM
Post #137

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 11 2008, 06:58 AM) *
Although, I'm not in the sack-Carlo-just-because-he-lost-a-friendly camp yet, still a part of me believes that there is something wrong with the team, and the coach is smack in the middle of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Maybe it's the motivation problems, maybe stubbornness in sticking with same players, or heck, even some of our bench players not giving their all, in addition to some being horribly out of form and favor.

I think once everyone gets down to it... there has to be more pressure on the team and I think the game against Genoa will be that pressure. There is pressure on Ancelotti to motivate... and change things up... even suggest testing out 4-2-3-1...

Agree about the inviting more teams to San Siro part. What use is it with us going and playing there, when they can come in and get a taste of our legendary stadium? I think it comes down to the problem of us having to rent the San Siro, which runs into hundreds of thousands of Euros, as opposed to teams who own their stadium. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Who knows?

It'll help our team I think. So many other teams have friendly games in their stadiums... why don't we have? I think that whole thing to Russia for that friendly tournament was useless. Well Berlusconi usually flips the bill... and we got the revenues I'm sure.

It's called jumping the bandwagon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) It's fun. You should try it sometime!

I'm not one to do that. People know who me here know I'm more stubborn than Carlo.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 11 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #138

Berretti

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 11 2008, 11:02 AM) *
I think once everyone gets down to it... there has to be more pressure on the team and I think the game against Genoa will be that pressure. There is pressure on Ancelotti to motivate... and change things up... even suggest testing out 4-2-3-1...

I can only hope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

It'll help our team I think. So many other teams have friendly games in their stadiums... why don't we have? I think that whole thing to Russia for that friendly tournament was useless. Well Berlusconi usually flips the bill... and we got the revenues I'm sure.

I think there is also the issue of San Siro not filling up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The fans of today are smart, and busy, not many people can spare time unless it's either a high profile match, or an official one. What this means is not only decreased revenue, but also empty stands for the camera. Plus, there's also the small matter of $$$ and small feeder clubs that we are trying to build some relations with.

Otherwise, I don't see the purpose of these friendlies, and that too after traveling thousand of miles to play in front of their fans, our second string team. More fatigue, that's all. Too much trouble for too little gains, and often injuries as the one today to Pippo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I hope the team gets the ball rolling, forgets these defeats, and kicks into high gear soon, otherwise it's going to be fireworks. Mr. B didn't spend 50 million to flounder them because of a stubborn or unmotivated coach. And Carlo knows it.

I'm not one to do that. People know who me here know I'm more stubborn than Carlo.

I can only imagine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Sep 11 2008, 07:16 AM
Post #139

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,011

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 11 2008, 07:10 AM) *
I think there is also the issue of San Siro not filling up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The fans of today are smart, and busy, not many people can spare time unless it's either a high profile match, or an official one. What this means is not only decreased revenue, but also empty stands for the camera. Plus, there's also the small matter of $$$ and small feeder clubs that we are trying to build some relations with.

Then the only suggestion I have is have more friendly games in Italy...

Otherwise, I don't see the purpose of these friendlies, and that too after traveling thousand of miles to play in front of their fans, our second string team. More fatigue, that's all. Too much trouble for too little gains, and often injuries as the one today to Pippo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I hope the team gets the ball rolling, forgets these defeats, and kicks into high gear soon, otherwise it's going to be fireworks. Mr. B didn't spend 50 million to flounder them because of a stubborn or unmotivated coach. And Carlo knows it.

The whole trip to Russia in particular annoyed me. It was useless and not worth the time. I think the team will feel the pressure, and with the pressure they do much better. We spent a great deal and acquired a great deal of talent. Even Galliani said there is no reason for this team not do really well!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 11 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #140

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 11 2008, 04:25 AM) *
Ancelotti has got to go. It's him and him alone.

Obviously. what more could he ask for? he has a great squad at his disposal and has to deliver results (Galliani clearly warned him about this before the start of the season). I waiting to see what happens in Genoa, but I think Carlo could continue a couple of seasons just as much as he could be sacked even before the end of this season.

The management don't want another CL miss. (JMO)

QUOTE (Portikins @ Sep 11 2008, 04:27 AM) *
Sack Carlo, get Theo.

Good one (IMG:http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/laugh2.gif)

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 11 2008, 08:43 AM) *
QUOTE (Portikins @ Sep 11 2008, 04:27 AM) *

Sack Carlo, get Theo.

What's the point of that?

Could there be a point in that? he's just being sarcastic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

armiss
post Sep 11 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #141

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,312

Actually we did nothing in defence marketing and all of summer Galliani was talking about RED LINE .

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 11 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #142

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 11 2008, 09:25 AM) *
Obviously. what more could he ask for? he has a great squad at his disposal and has to deliver results (Galliani clearly warned him about this before the start of the season). I waiting to see what happens in Genoa, but I think Carlo could continue a couple of seasons just as much as he could be sacked even before the end of this season.

The management don't want another CL miss. (JMO)

Unfortunately the rest of our management is as bad as Carlo. Carlo knows he can do nothing and get away with it, he'll probably be here until his contract runs out, though I don't know when that is. Very soon I hope. Simply not good enough.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 11 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #143

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

My take on things is a little different from Kurt's.

I think Carlo Ancelotti genuinely wants his team to be a powerhouse in the way that Sacchi's Milan was. I also think Carlo's a good coach. Unfortunately, Carlo does not appear to be one of those (rare) coaches who can stay at the same club for decades and retain their effectiveness.

I have a lot of respect for him but it really looks to me that Carlo's lost the dressing room - and that being the case, he needs to go for his own sake as much as the team's.

There've already been hints that the heat is being turned up:
* Berlusconi's panettone comment ('Ancelotti's already fat enough, he doesn't need to eat any more panettone') which implies Carletto may not be around at Christmas, when panettone are traditional gifts
* Tassotti's interview the other day. Both that he gave one that was so prominently featured and because of the content.
* Carletto's absence from the press room after the Lugano game. That's the first time since he's been here that he skipped a postgame press conference.

+Quote Post

Soldier
post Sep 11 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #144

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 4,013

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 10 2008, 07:19 PM) *
Well, yes. That was not a nice scene. But thing is, I also think Kaka repeatedly saying he wants to be captain is also not nice and think it clearly did not sit well with some players ahead of him in club seniority (notably Gattuso and Pirlo). So it's a matter of perspective.

I dont Want any player that Played with inter Before, to be the Captain of this Team.
He deserves It...! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 11 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #145

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Tennie, I think Carlo has brought important results to Via Turati ... A change of coach is inevitable, but I doubt anyone has anything bad to say about Carlo, cuz he is one of the three most successful coaches under Silvio's reign

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 11 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #146

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I agree with you completely, R7. I still think that perhaps it's time for a sad but inevitable parting of the ways that's best for everyone.

+Quote Post

gal_kenny
post Sep 11 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #147

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 2,128

Yeah..I think its time to part ways...Its like cuz our current team is working under Ancelotti we're not serious with things..We just take things wish washly and Ancelotti is not trying to discipline the team..This family thing is affecting milan badly (the results show it)...I'll say the way milan train under Carlo isn't that professional anymore but rather for fun..The management should discipline carlo..We've lost too many matches more than every other big team out there now..When our players play bad instead of carlo criticise them he praise them and they repeat the same thing..I'm not saying he should criticise them to bring them down but rather to make them see how important it is..Its only when we're losing that we're motivated...which is bad..Carlo should discipline our players..If they don't perform well, they'll seat on the bench..and he should be serious about it..Like seedorf, wen he doesn't perform well he should seat on the bench and the same goes for everyone else..This is not a retirement home..I'm really getting tired of milan losing every now and then..Milan of 3-4 years ago is different from milan of now..We need to fight hard..Fight for the ball..We should be disciplined enough that when our opponents are getting closer to our goal post, we should be uncomfortable..We should fight for every ball..This results are really annoying me..Now i cannot really tell if milan can beat small teams in the future talk less of big team..no more respect for milan..We're really embarassing ourselves and i'm really dissappointed..So much for bad luck..Curse that bad luck..Our defense needs to wake up...Not let our opponents breeze through defense like water..just like Da Vaio did against Kaladze..We shouldn't fall back too much till our goal post..40yds away from our goal post we should already be defending not till we get to our goal post...Just as we got new players, we should get a new coach..We need to be really motivated and fight for it..Jankulovski too needs to work on his defense very well and not let defenders pass him like water...Pirlo is no defensive player..He really can't defend.. We need someone like Xabi Alonso...He knows how to pass too...someone that can defend as well as attack...We need to have a tight bonded up defense...I just pray that these nightmares milan are going through would soon be over...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 11 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #148

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I thank Carlo for what he's done for us and all.. but I just don't see the 'great coach' in him.

Throughout his time in Milan, I'd say he's had great squads. Last season was probably the only exception, but he still had the World Player of the Year on his team, yet couldn't even finish in the top 4 in the league or make it to the QFs of the European Cup. As for the rest of his years here, he's had magnificent teams, but has won very little. One Serie A title is simply not good enough. Two European Cups is impressive, the first one especially as we actually did compete in the league, but the 2nd one? Liverpool showed that teams can abandon the league in search of European success.. not to mention he had the best player in the World on his squad, who arguably took us to the final pretty much single handedly.

I see some people make the arguement of "Well great players don't make a great team". No, they don't. but a great coach can turn great players into a great team. Unfortunately Carlo hasn't done that, so I can't see him as great. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and win the Scudetto this season, he has yet another great squad, but I just don't see it in him.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Sep 11 2008, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 11 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #149

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 11 2008, 09:43 PM) *
Unfortunately the rest of our management is as bad as Carlo. Carlo knows he can do nothing and get away with it, he'll probably be here until his contract runs out, though I don't know when that is. Very soon I hope. Simply not good enough.

I think if the team repeats the last season's performances Carlo won't be around until the day his contract runs out because a club like Milan simply can't afford two CL-less seasons. but I don't want this relationship to end that way! hope he can get us back to CL, or better yet get us the Scudetto, then leave for a new challenge.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 11 2008, 10:04 PM) *
* Berlusconi's panettone comment ('Ancelotti's already fat enough, he doesn't need to eat any more panettone') which implies Carletto may not be around at Christmas, when panettone are traditional gifts

I seems to me Silvio's never been Carlo's biggest fan... I rarely have seen him praise Carlo.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 11 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #150

Berretti

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 12 2008, 01:12 AM) *
I seems to me Silvio's never been Carlo's biggest fan... I rarely have seen him praise Carlo.

Nope. Never was. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) The two just got along.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:45 PM