Closed TopicStart new topic
> [EN] Premier League 2012-13

kurtsimonw
post Jan 26 2013, 03:21 AM
Post #451

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Over recent years we certainly aren't. But the "big club" arguement is old and has no real parameters.

McLeish was shite, don't get me wrong. He nearly took us down due to his inability to set a team up to defend set peices and he has NO interest in us attacking. I remember he'd have us set up to defend 1-0 defeats! One thing in his defense is he didn't get to spend anything.

Lambert has no interest in defending and the problem is we don't score many either, not a good combination. He has a net spend of £20m this year which is hardly a small amount and yet we're sitting where we are.

If this was McLeish people would want him out, yet there are still people defending Lambert. I genuinely mean that I don't care about last nights result. A draw would've kept him in the job and gave us another distraction we didn't need. At least now we can fully focus on the league and there's a board meeting tomorrow morning. Lambert hasn't been in a relegation battle before and he simply doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I think with a good side he could be a very good manager. But tactically he's not responsible enough defensively to win enough games here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 26 2013, 08:12 AM
Post #452

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Lambert gets the leeway Eck didn't because Lambert never managed City.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 26 2013, 08:30 AM
Post #453

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 26 2013, 09:12 AM) *
Lambert gets the leeway Eck didn't because Lambert never managed City.

I don't think that's all that fair to say. Villa fans were very opposed to his appointment, but once he got the job he was certainly supported. I went to over 30 games home and away last year and it really wasn't until we lost at home to Bolton in April that the fans really turned. It was a relegation 6-pointer in which we lead, only to concede 2 goals 2 minutes after scoring. It was a shocking way to lose a game. At that point it was clear without Bent he couldn't win games and that we needed a change. I think we won 1 game from Jan 1st-end of the season!

I feel like under McLeish we were poor, but we were never embarassingly so. We didn't get battered all that often, we even pulled shock wins like 3-1 at Chelsea. He wasn't a good manager. Some attacking the chairman is laughable, apparently Lambert hasn't been backed. Fact is a net spend of £20m should be more than enough to stay in this league.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 26 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #454

Prima Squadra

None league Luton just knocked Norwich out in the FA Cup away from home. First time since 1986 a none league side's not out an EPL side.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jan 26 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #455

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

Can't stand that club, think they have some automatic right not to be in non-league because they are the mighty Luton Town (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 26 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #456

Prima Squadra

I feel for the fans a bit. Like the shitty running of the club is the only reason they are none league. It's a bit like Portsmouth, I really feel sorry for their fans that they ended up with a bunch of corrupt tossers in the boardroom and on the touchline.

When it comes down to it though, you are where you deserve to be as a club.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 26 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #457

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

So what about the new broadcast deal for this season or the next? An increase of 70%, is that true?

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jan 26 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #458

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

Don't know the financial side of things but BT Sport are getting a lot of games next year (including first pick on a number), and wanting to charge SkySports type prices for their channel. Not even sure if it will be available on Sky, once again the fan has to cough up or lose out.

The FA only really cares about the £££ though, that's why it won't be too long before we have games played abroad in my opinion, a lot like the American Sports do over here. Can't blame them I guess there seems to be a lot of external interest & investment into our league these days.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 27 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #459

Prima Squadra

FA Cup > everything.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 28 2013, 10:09 AM
Post #460

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

@ Ash

It is certainly a lucrative deal for all PL teams, as this increases their revenue significantly. The downside is that the subscribers would have to pay extra I guess.

My guess is the increase of 70% in the new Broadcasting deal for PL is due to increased demand from overseas. But I don't really know if that holds weight.

Regardless, this will ultimately help PL teams comply with FFP as more income means they can afford big contracts and continue to attract top players.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 29 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #461

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 28 2013, 11:09 AM) *
My guess is the increase of 70% in the new Broadcasting deal for PL is due to increased demand from overseas. But I don't really know if that holds weight.

The domestic rights had a massive increase on the new deal. From £1.75bn to £3bn. I think the domestic rights account for around 60% of the money made for broadcasting as it now stands at £5bn or so. Crazy money really.

The Premier League has nothing to do with the Football League, so the bigger question is why the Football League seemingly make no effort to promote their product.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jan 29 2013, 01:13 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 29 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #462

Prima Squadra

Think I chose right picking to watch the Coppa over us. 2-0 down at HT at home. Last 3 home games - lost 3-0 against Wigan, 1-0 against Southampton now 2-0 at HT against Newcastle. Any half decent team should be battering these at home and we're getting battered instead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Villa denied blatent pen and possible red card. Only the 4th game in the last 5 a retarded penalty decision one way or the other has fucked us.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jan 29 2013, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 29 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #463

Prima Squadra

Another defeat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

"Spirited performance from Villa". Get a grip. We won 2-0 down and they defended the whole 2nd half. The only reason we looked competent because they were happy to defend knowing we'd create F all.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 31 2013, 04:29 PM
Post #464

Prima Squadra

December 24th - "QPRs problem is the players wages are too high" --Harry Redknapp.

January 31st - Signs Christopher Samba to a £100k a week deal in a total transfer/contract worth £38m. This after signing Loic Remy to a similar contract, now after Jermain Jenas and David Bentley who reportedly will cost £100k a week betweem them in wages.

It took him all of a month to smash their transfer record, will be hilarious if he managed to spend all of this money and still get relegated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 31 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #465

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

Hazard suspended for 3 games.

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:47 AM