> World Cup 2010 - South Africa

 
arivanjj
post Feb 6 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #1


7th Heaven
********

Group: Helpers
Posts: 7,116
Joined: 2-November 05
From: Sydney. Australia.
Member No.: 821



all discussion here! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

313 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (165 - 179)
 
Jack Sparrow
post Aug 21 2008, 07:51 AM
Post #166


Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Posts: 14,924
Joined: 19-May 06
From: Bangalore,India
Member No.: 1,865



^^

What about the Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
kurtsimonw
post Aug 21 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #167


Prima Squadra
************

Group: Helpers
Posts: 30,194
Joined: 11-March 07
From: Birmingham, England
Member No.: 3,660



QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 21 2008, 07:51 AM) *
^^

What about the Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan?

England aren't great.. but we're better than that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I'm annoyed that yet again we've got stuck in a group with a bunch of Eastern Europeans, not good.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Giancarlo
post Aug 21 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #168


Giovanissimi Regionali B
******

Group: Full Members
Posts: 1,198
Joined: 5-August 08
Member No.: 4,011



QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 20 2008, 08:50 PM) *
But still they have enough $$$ to fund transfer like Beckham's. MLS is so, um, um, let's leave it at that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) They did generate a whole lot of hype, though. I'd have to guess their marketing department was working overtime when David signed.

You know the statement "don't put all your eggs in one basket"? That's the exact same folly that the Galaxy committed. They used so much money... they did not sign any half decent defenders.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Giancarlo
post Aug 21 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #169


Giovanissimi Regionali B
******

Group: Full Members
Posts: 1,198
Joined: 5-August 08
Member No.: 4,011



QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 20 2008, 09:56 PM) *
Watching the replay of Italy-Austria. The defending in the first half (particularly the centerbacks) is...not good. I'd perhaps give more responsibility to Barzagli, but that was just sad.

The early reports in Italy are hinting that Gattuso's shoulder injury is probably not overly serious.


Gattuso heals very quickly.... so it's nothing serious. And indeed, Barzagli will be cut. I don't know why he wasn't subbed tho...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Fillipo Simone
post Aug 21 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #170


Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Posts: 18,833
Joined: 5-April 06
From: Croatia, Zagreb
Member No.: 1,564



QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 21 2008, 08:53 AM) *
England aren't great.. but we're better than that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I'm annoyed that yet again we've got stuck in a group with a bunch of Eastern Europeans, not good.

Well, say that to me,..we allways get the EE teams.. we've eliminated Ukraine, Slovenia, Macedonia in the past, I hope we'll do that same thing in this edition of the WCQ..

QUOTE
Both Croatia and Ukraine won their friendlies. These two look like they'll be the main threats in the group stage. I'll be very happy if we can get a draw in Zagreb on Sep 10

I'm willing to settle things for a draw. You know, Croatia did loose in Zagreb in a official match since 1999 i belive.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
kurtsimonw
post Aug 21 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #171


Prima Squadra
************

Group: Helpers
Posts: 30,194
Joined: 11-March 07
From: Birmingham, England
Member No.: 3,660



QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 21 2008, 11:36 AM) *
Well, say that to me,..we allways get the EE teams.. we've eliminated Ukraine, Slovenia, Macedonia in the past, I hope we'll do that same thing in this edition of the WCQ..


I'm willing to settle things for a draw. You know, Croatia did loose in Zagreb in a official match since 1999 i belive.

Do you know ho the WC Qualification works? Is it the winner of each group goes through then snd place goes into a playoff, or is it just top 2 straight into the WC.. I can never remember. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

The last time you lost in Zagreb was '99!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
acid911
post Aug 21 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #172


Berretti
**********

Group: Helpers
Posts: 13,937
Joined: 26-February 08
From: Always Around
Member No.: 3,736



QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 21 2008, 11:53 AM) *
England aren't great.. but we're better than that.

Don't be so sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) If 'Borat' plays for Kazakhstan you guys are done for. I can guaran-damn-tee that. He'll have to come out of retirement, though, which seems like a distant possibility, so I'd say England's got a very healthy chance of winning.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
LaPalma
post Aug 21 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #173


Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Posts: 4,121
Joined: 7-May 06
From: Berlin, Germany
Member No.: 1,792



QUOTE (dst @ Aug 21 2008, 02:12 AM) *
LaPalma, that kid Marko Marin scored a wonderful goal today against Belgium. I think you've told us about him before and I have to admit I wasn't really paying attention but I know now I should have...

(IMG:http://www.todo-fichajes.com/cutenews/data/upimages/marin.jpg)

Download it here (credit to hondo of SP forums)

edit: Made a search on mf and found some posts about him. It seems that Milan were linked with him too! Here

That goal he and Lahm produced was really great stuff. Marin recently turned out be a good talent on the wing. Löw already included him in his pre-squad for the Euro. Too bad he dropped Marin for that useless one hit wonder Odonkor.
Maybe Marin can be Bernd Schneiders (more attacking) successor on the right wing one day. But we'll see how he'll do this season. It's his first years as a regular starter in the Bundesliga so I better won't label him as the next big thing for Germany. He's still very young, 19, and has still many years to become a decent player, although I already really like this guy. He's fast, he's agile and his dribblings are nice to watch.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Tennie
post Aug 21 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #174


Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Posts: 12,435
Joined: 13-November 06
From: Washington, DC
Member No.: 2,800



(Kurt, the FA could always petition to have the game moved to Split).
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
kurtsimonw
post Aug 21 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #175


Prima Squadra
************

Group: Helpers
Posts: 30,194
Joined: 11-March 07
From: Birmingham, England
Member No.: 3,660



QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 21 2008, 01:33 PM) *
(Kurt, the FA could always petition to have the game moved to Split).

Nah, we should be fine.. as long as there's not many "Lampard is the reason we fail so boo him" english 'fans' in the crow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Tennie
post Aug 21 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #176


Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Posts: 12,435
Joined: 13-November 06
From: Washington, DC
Member No.: 2,800



I think only Fillipo and a few others might understand the joke: the Croatian NT has a history of not doing well when games are played in Split (as opposed to when they're played at the Maksimir in Zagreb, where they're very strong). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
kurtsimonw
post Aug 21 2008, 03:32 PM
Post #177


Prima Squadra
************

Group: Helpers
Posts: 30,194
Joined: 11-March 07
From: Birmingham, England
Member No.: 3,660



I must have missed that one then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Do Croatia not have an official national stadium then?

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Aug 21 2008, 04:13 PM
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Fillipo Simone
post Aug 21 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #178


Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Posts: 18,833
Joined: 5-April 06
From: Croatia, Zagreb
Member No.: 1,564



QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 21 2008, 04:28 PM) *
I think only Fillipo and a few others might understand the joke: the Croatian NT has a history of not doing well when games are played in Split (as opposed to when they're played at the Maksimir in Zagreb, where they're very strong). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ..yep, this really was an insider joke.

And I Kurt..I have even worse news,.. it seems (that really did surprise me) that we never lost a official qualification match in Zagreb, Maksimir. Seems that we've lost 5 matches in 60 years at home in all.

About the qualification...I'm not sure. I think the first placed team is in, and the second has to go to a play-off. But I'm not sure..
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
Tennie
post Aug 22 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #179


Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Posts: 12,435
Joined: 13-November 06
From: Washington, DC
Member No.: 2,800



Here, courtesy of Tuttomercatoweb, is Dunga's call up list for Brazil's World Cup qualifiers:

Júlio César (Inter), Renan (Internacional), Maicon (Inter), Kleber (Santos), Juan (Flamengo), Rafinha (Schalke), Juan (Roma), Lúcio (Bayern), Luisão (Benfica), Alex Silva (São Paulo), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Lucas (Liverpool), Elano (Manchester City), Anderson (Manchester United), Josué (Wolfsburg), Diego (Werder Bremen), Julio Baptista (Roma), Robinho (Real Madrid), Ronaldinho Gaúcho (Milan), Jô (Manchester City), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla) e pRafael Sobis (Bétis).

No Pato.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

 
acid911
post Aug 22 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #180


Berretti
**********

Group: Helpers
Posts: 13,937
Joined: 26-February 08
From: Always Around
Member No.: 3,736



Good to see a full-strength attack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Finally.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post


313 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 03:13 AM