 |

World Cup 2010 - South Africa |
|
|
|
|
Jun 16 2008, 10:16 PM
|
Primavera

Group: Moderators
Posts: 23,206
Joined: 20-November 05
From: Athens, Hellas
Member No.: 911

|
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 16 2008, 11:55 PM) Exactly, it's not total football because we don't call it that way, but if take a close look you see that it's exactly the definition of total football, especially up front (the permutations between the striker and wingers, Barcelona, la Roma and many other team play like that. Exactly!?? (IMG: http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) My point was that certain characteristics might confuse when it comes to the status of a subject... I mean that while there's great cover-up in football today that does not mean there's 'Total Football' (the way Cruijff meant it) played from any team... same with 70's Brazil. In my opinion their football was distinctively different to Cruijff's Holland's football. Anyway... I don't see us getting anywhere with this so there's no point going on. (IMG: http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Jun 16 2008, 10:22 PM
|
Prima Squadra
           
Group: Helpers
Posts: 30,194
Joined: 11-March 07
From: Birmingham, England
Member No.: 3,660

|
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 16 2008, 09:13 PM) (IMG: http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Kurt you doubt the ability of next generation of Italian players. Italy won the recent U23 tournament and that squad did not even include Acquafresca, Rossi, Montolivio, Criscito and Santacroce among established stars such as Nocerino, Giovinco, Cigarini, De Silvestre etc etc etc Forgive me for not getting excited about a tournement that involved Chile, Japan, USA and the Ivory Coast. (IMG: http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Did Holland and France even take any of their decent players either?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Jun 16 2008, 10:38 PM
|
Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,700
Joined: 22-October 05
From: US of A
Member No.: 703

|
us 8 - 0 barbados
i know it's barbados...but man...8-0
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Jun 16 2008, 11:56 PM
|
Token Girl

Group: Moderators
Posts: 12,435
Joined: 13-November 06
From: Washington, DC
Member No.: 2,800

|
If memory serves, the French did field a relatively strong lineup for the Toulon tournament. I'm with whoearthepatriots on this one: the kids were good and half the 'first team' for that age group wasn't even there. What I understand from the bits and pieces I see about the U19 and U17 age groups indicates that there are some pretty remarkable talents in those ages. So really, I'm not too terribly worried about Italy's future. (especially since in about 6 years, young Christian Maldini should hopefully start showing up in the U19s. if he can slide tackle as well as his kid brother, we'll be in good shape) (IMG: http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Jun 17 2008, 12:43 AM
|
Giovanissimi Regionali B
     
Group: Full Members
Posts: 1,393
Joined: 6-April 08
Member No.: 3,827

|
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 16 2008, 10:16 PM) Exactly!?? (IMG: http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) My point was that certain characteristics might confuse when it comes to the status of a subject... I mean that while there's great cover-up in football today that does not mean there's 'Total Football' (the way Cruijff meant it) played from any team... same with 70's Brazil. In my opinion their football was distinctively different to Cruijff's Holland's football. Anyway... I don't see us getting anywhere with this so there's no point going on. (IMG: http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) What Cruijff was all about the movement (I'm a winger but move to the centre to disturb the balance of the other team) in fact it's not Cruijff who supposedly invented total football but Ajax school. But you're probably right , this is going nowhere ... QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 16 2008, 11:56 PM) If memory serves, the French did field a relatively strong lineup for the Toulon tournament. I'm with whoearthepatriots on this one: the kids were good and half the 'first team' for that age group wasn't even there. What I understand from the bits and pieces I see about the U19 and U17 age groups indicates that there are some pretty remarkable talents in those ages. So really, I'm not too terribly worried about Italy's future. (especially since in about 6 years, young Christian Maldini should hopefully start showing up in the U19s. if he can slide tackle as well as his kid brother, we'll be in good shape) (IMG: http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif) No, France's player were actually the real U21 while the other nations field up there Olympics team (that's why they were always beaten physically), so technically it wasn't their strongest line up ... I think their Olympic team was playing a tournament in Holland, in fact I saw a game between France and Holland (ended 2-0 for the French) at the same time as the Toulon tournament!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Jun 19 2008, 07:31 PM
|
Token Girl

Group: Moderators
Posts: 12,435
Joined: 13-November 06
From: Washington, DC
Member No.: 2,800

|
(But didn't Paraguay recently beat Brazil?)
|
|
|
|
|
|
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
|
 |