Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 8 - Inter - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
han2503
Let's hope the break has served the team well and Montella finally gets his head out of his @ss and plays his best team
han2503
Absolutely dreading this, and by the lack of action here I suppose I'm not alone in feeling that way
han2503
Honestly, I feel disgusted after having watched the first 45 minutes

han2503
Suso just needs to play on the right side and it's ridiculous to have him occupying anywhere else on the pitch
CrazyMilanFan
We cant mark icradi.. this 3 men defense is not working for us...
d'Arc.LP
Im done with this Bonucci.
CrazyMilanFan
Goal
CrazyMilanFan
3-2 we gave away pk
CrazyMilanFan
Another loss..
Fillipo Simone
My God. I was away for few days, just wanted to drop in here only to see we've left Han almost completely alone and the derby thread is 1 page long. Uggh, that's a record, yes?

I feel very sad right now.

Hopefully this is the end of Montella.
Fillipo Simone
Oh and this was an overall poor display with the new guys especially standing out. Rodriguez costed us the penalty and one goal, Bonucci was bad, Musacchio was from time to time amateurish, Biglia also costed us a goal and was poor.
CrazyMilanFan
That is what makes it complex, because we are conceding due to individual errors (can/should the coach be sacked on this basis).. i think we played okish against both roma and inter.
X-Offender
I was at the stadium. Terrific atmosphere, albeit it was Inter fans everywhere, naturally.

As for the game, I was not expecting to win. The first half was a disaster, but in the second we completely switched gear and played much better. However, our defensive instability along with individual mistakes cost us the game.

Montella is yet not gone, the club clearly has faith in him. I think it will be too lately when they'll decide to change, 4th spot will be unreachable.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 16 2017, 05:02 PM) *
I was at the stadium. Terrific atmosphere, albeit it was Inter fans everywhere, naturally.

As for the game, I was not expecting to win. The first half was a disaster, but in the second we completely switched gear and played much better. However, our defensive instability along with individual mistakes cost us the game.

Montella is yet not gone, the club clearly has faith in him. I think it will be too lately when they'll decide to change, 4th spot will be unreachable.

At this point we'll have to go all out for the EL if we want a shot at the CL, I'm afraid 4th is already gone with the way the other teams are playing + Inter's unbelievable luck atm and I can't see us reaching that goal. Even Lazio are still a serious threat
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 16 2017, 07:10 AM) *
Oh and this was an overall poor display with the new guys especially standing out. Rodriguez costed us the penalty and one goal, Bonucci was bad, Musacchio was from time to time amateurish, Biglia also costed us a goal and was poor.

Actually I thought Rodriguez and Musacchio were okay, atm I'm having a harder time with Bonucci. He's really struggling to get to grips with things. Biglia is also a disappointment, he's no where near what he was when he was at Lazio. These were our 2 most important signings and they're both failing right now.

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 16 2017, 10:50 AM) *
That is what makes it complex, because we are conceding due to individual errors (can/should the coach be sacked on this basis).. i think we played okish against both roma and inter.

I think the fundamentals are wrong atm, and that's on the coach. The individual errors are a result of the basic lack of understanding and trust between the players
Fillipo Simone
Well, I knew Biglia isn't anything special and we needed more creative force. Same goes for Hakan.
X-Offender
It's not about crativity, it's the fundamentals as Han said. Everything is wrong right now. Biglia was great at Lazio, he's been good with Argentina as well from what I've read. But playing in a team that's devoid of any ideas or gameplan would be difficult even for a world class player, let alone people like Biglia and Hakan.
Fishdoll
Sorry for disappearing. Was sick and then had friends in town.

The derby wasn't a complete disaster. But a couple of things seemed clear to me:
* Montella doesn't know how to field his players to get the best out of them
* the midfield doesn't work
* Biglia and Rodriguez had HORRIBLE games
* the midfield doesn't work
* Some players (Loca, Cutrone, and oddly enough, Borini) fight like hell for the team. The rest, not so much.
* issues between Jack and Montella. Not sure how much is really there and how much Mino's pushing that.
* people need to sort this out fast. It's a mess
* did I mention the midfield?
han2503
EL game starts in a couple of minutes, any talk here, not worth opening a thread atm
Fillipo Simone
I guess no talk at all. How embarrassing, the derby match thread still on 2 pages. Ahh well...

Montella has to be fired. Look at how we started again today. We might win against these Greeks but it's a real mess here. I think half of the team isn't simply reacting to Montella and his lead. We start every game sleepy, disoriented, uninterested...

The defense looks like a mess. I think the 3 man D failed completely.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 19 2017, 08:51 PM) *
I guess no talk at all. How embarrassing, the derby match thread still on 2 pages. Ahh well...

Montella has to be fired. Look at how we started again today. We might win against these Greeks but it's a real mess here. I think half of the team isn't simply reacting to Montella and his lead. We start every game sleepy, disoriented, uninterested...

The defense looks like a mess. I think the 3 man D failed completely.

I think the players want him gone as well at this point, it's the only way to explain the total lack of interest being displayed out there.

Montella is simply failing at everything atm. He can't get the system to work, he can't get the players to follow instructions and it's simply not working any longer. At this point it really has nothing to do with what formation we play, the problem is so much more complicated than that. If we want to get technical about things, the 4 man defence wasn't working either before this, complaining about the formation is useless right now

To barely have any shots against a 2nd rate Greek side at the San Siro is beyond embarrassing.
han2503
See another big red flag here, he makes a like for like change (Kalinic for Silva) when the strikers are so clearly not the problem.

Suso and Bona both look completely uncomfortable out there, one playing as a WB the other in a retreated midfield position. The decisions he's making just lack basic sense.

I don't understand why he's insisting on 2 strikers while pushing both Suso and Bona in positions which they are not effective in
maldini03
Montella has to go - we have the easiest group it should really be a walkover. Between this and not being able to pull the best from the players I think that he should be out.
Fishdoll
You know, players might actually do halfway well if they weren't consistently played out of position like half the team was yesterday.

Agree that he's lost the dressing room and the sooner he is gone the better.
X-Offender
Yesterday's game was just... Rodriguez as CB, Bonaventura as LWB, Calhanoglu as anchor, Suso as CM. I really don't know anymore...
maldini03
Who would you guys realistically want to bring in as the coach?

I have heard Sousa, Mazzari, Hiddink, Blanc, and Petkovic as some of the possibilities. I think any coach we bring in will be a year-long placeholder for Conte anyway.
X-Offender
We may play 3-4-3 against Genoa, according to Mediaset:

Donnarumma; Zapata, Bonucci, Romagnoli; Borini, Kessie, Biglia, Rodriguez; Suso, Kalinic, Bonaventura.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 21 2017, 05:23 PM) *
We may play 3-4-3 against Genoa, according to Mediaset:

Donnarumma; Zapata, Bonucci, Romagnoli; Borini, Kessie, Biglia, Rodriguez; Suso, Kalinic, Bonaventura.

Well at least that's an improvement over that mess we saw in mid-week

Still, as I have said before, I don't think switching the formation around will be much help. Montella has lost the support of the players and I feel like they're not doing their best right now because they have no interest in saving his job
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Oct 21 2017, 04:24 PM) *
Who would you guys realistically want to bring in as the coach?

I have heard Sousa, Mazzari, Hiddink, Blanc, and Petkovic as some of the possibilities. I think any coach we bring in will be a year-long placeholder for Conte anyway.

That's really questionable. But we'll see. Conte understands Bonucci, it would be a great add.

All the other names are really uninspiring. Hiddink perhaps, he's been a good fireman in the past. All the other guys are just Fiorentina-level coaches just like Montella.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.