Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2017-18
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Fillipo Simone
In less then a half hour we'll know the Serie A draw for this season. Probably a suitable moment for opening this topic.
Fishdoll
Watching the draw as it unfolds. Matchdays 7 and 8 should be interesting: Milan-Roma and then the derby.
han2503
han2503
Well, it's not the easiest of starts but it certainly could have been much worse
Fillipo Simone
Yep. Week 7 and 8 definitively most interesting.
X-Offender
Would have liked the first game at the San Siro, but whatever.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 27 2017, 05:37 AM) *
Would have liked the first game at the San Siro, but whatever.

No we can't. We have to alternate with Inter on the first game being played at home every season. So last season we were at home, therefore this season we play away.
Fishdoll
So, Lazio beat the Gobbi in the Supercoppa. The winning goal was possible courtesy of some really bad defending by one Mattia De Sciglio (who let Lukaku past him. Lukaku then centered the ball for the Lazio youth product Murgia to score).

My takeaways: Lazio look better than I thought they would. They're organized and have a solid-looking team. The gobbi are a mess defensively, still. Allegri's reorganization didn't work at all and I found it rather telling that at the end of the game he spent time on the pitch yelling at Chiellini. It seems all is still not well in the white and black half of Torino.
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 14 2017, 12:26 PM) *
So, Lazio beat the Gobbi in the Supercoppa. The winning goal was possible courtesy of some really bad defending by one Mattia De Sciglio (who let Lukaku past him. Lukaku then centered the ball for the Lazio youth product Murgia to score).

My takeaways: Lazio look better than I thought they would. They're organized and have a solid-looking team. The gobbi are a mess defensively, still. Allegri's reorganization didn't work at all and I found it rather telling that at the end of the game he spent time on the pitch yelling at Chiellini. It seems all is still not well in the white and black half of Torino.

Juve were terrible is all areas of the pitch.

What was most telling is their build up game without Bonucci is gone completely, so Allegri will have to have a major rethink in terms of tactics without him

Btw, isn't it ironic how the Inzaghi brothers turned out? One was an exceptional player but so far hasn't shown that he can really make it as a coach. while the other was a pretty average player in his day yet has instantly shown that he will become an exceptional coach in the coming years.

Lazio have been doing so well this past season because of Inzaghi imo, his tactical know how is really impressive. I really like how Lazio play, their game against Juve yesterday was perfect. I think he'll be the next great Italian coach

As for Juve in general, I think they'll struggle a bit at the start, they're showing cracks no doubt but they'll still steam roll the majority of the league.

If they get off to a really bad start like the season they had prior to the last, I can see Napoli taking advantage of it
Fillipo Simone
What's funny is that the typical Allegri treats all start showing now that the boat is shaken. For example clinging on Mandzukić who's become the new and improved Emanuelson, spinning around with Dybala as AM then SS, waiting for his team to show up, making atypical changes, playing MDS on the right, preferring Barzagli at 37 on the right to a fit Lichtsteiner, gosh I could go on and on...
Danny
I must be the only one on here not caring what Juve do. They're vulnerable. It's up to us to exploit it, not obsess over it.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 15 2017, 11:51 AM) *
I must be the only one on here not caring what Juve do. They're vulnerable. It's up to us to exploit it, not obsess over it.

It's just interesting to see what they'll do this season. I think Napoli will be the ones to benefit from any Juve vulnerabilities, not us. We're not there yet imo
Fillipo Simone
I don't think Napoli is there tbh. Don't get me wrong, they have a solid team, but - for some reason they are vastly overrated IMO.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 15 2017, 01:51 PM) *

It's not an obsession Danny, but probably the need to scrutinize their dealings, tactics and mental state because Juventus is the team to beat for the scudetto and they have been for a long while now.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 16 2017, 08:40 AM) *
It's not an obsession Danny, but probably the need to scrutinize their dealings, tactics and mental state because Juventus is the team to beat for the scudetto and they have been for a long while now.

We can't change any of the above so no point obsessing about it. We've done some damage with Bonucci - let's concentrate on our own club and let whatever happens in Turin, happen.
Fillipo Simone
Man, we can't change anything regarding Milan or any other club for that matter. If you look at it in a certain way, all discussions here are pure larpurlartism.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 16 2017, 05:03 PM) *
Man, we can't change anything regarding Milan or any other club for that matter. If you look at it in a certain way, all discussions here are pure larpurlartism.

I had to google that word. laugh.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 16 2017, 10:33 AM) *

Of course - and it's not metaphysical either but that doesn't stop you.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 16 2017, 12:07 PM) *
I had to google that word. laugh.gif

Bloody Indians!
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 16 2017, 06:53 PM) *
Bloody Indians!

What the hell do you know about speaking English you crazy Scot?
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 16 2017, 01:45 PM) *
What the hell do you know about speaking English you crazy Scot?

I spoke proper Enlish.
Fillipo Simone
Football surely isn't metaphysical tongue.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 16 2017, 10:25 PM) *
Football surely isn't metaphysical tongue.gif

Anything can be metaphyical if you put your mind to it wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2017, 02:51 AM) *
Anything can be metaphyical if you put your mind to it wink.gif

Well, perhaps smile.gif
William405
Yeah, made me laugh. laugh.gif
Ry4n
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/football/serie-...juventus-92010/

Juve 2-0 down

bet they will come back 2-3...
William405
They came back 2-2. Honestly, they look really shaky at the back. Genoa were capable to slice through their midfield. No doubt they will improve their performance as time goes on though.

No idea what to think about the VAR. It's only fair I guess, but we're having much more penalties at the moment than usual.
Ry4n
2-3 to predictable...
han2503
Juve are definitely much more shake then their usual selves, but as usual luck goes their way.

Also, why is Mandzukic still starting on the wings when they spent 80m on wingers this summer? So typical from Allegri
han2503
Roma 1-0 Inter

Great goal from Dzeko

But I have to say that Inter have been impressive so far. Spalletti has definitely improved them this season
d'Arc.LP
1-3. Not bad from Inter.
Fillipo Simone
Good win for Inter. Even though if you watched the whole game you've seen what Roma managed to miss to win this one. Not impressed by Inter so far, but they're certainly stronger and more organized then last year.

Then again, Spaletti usually tends to star well off in the league and then by Christmas troubles start multiplying.
Fillipo Simone
Oh and VAR is a complete and utter disaster.
X-Offender
Roma didn't deserve to lose but that's football for you. Inter were cynical and got the 3 points.
Ry4n
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 27 2017, 02:51 AM) *
Roma didn't deserve to lose but that's football for you. Inter were clinical and got the 3 points.

Tis a shame i hoped for a draw.
han2503
Roma hit the post 3 times and cut Inter wide open multiple times. Inter should have lost this by 3. That being said, maybe this lulls them into a false sense of security so the downfall later on will be much greater.

Spalletti has no doubt improved them in the attacking phase but their defensive problems from last season are still very much present
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 27 2017, 08:45 PM) *
Roma hit the post 3 times and cut Inter wide open multiple times. Inter should have lost this by 3. That being said, maybe this lulls them into a false sense of security so the downfall later on will be much greater.

Spalletti has no doubt improved them in the attacking phase but their defensive problems from last season are still very much present

agreed.
X-Offender
Anyone saw Belotti's goal today? What a gem! So bummed we couldn't sign him.
Fillipo Simone
Well, Cairo made sure of that.
X-Offender
So, Roma signed Schick for 42M (5M loan + 35M obligation to buy + 2M bonuses).

I ask, why? Schick is a pure CF, and they already have Dzeko. Shouldn't they have signed a winger to replace Salah?

EDIT: Well, after looking at a few clips on YouTube, seems like he's capable of playing on the left as well. Was under the impression he only played upfront.
Fishdoll
So, the season ticket stats were released today in Gazzetta. Milan has 31,000 season ticket holders this year, an increase of 14,000. The enthusiasm is definitely back.
amancik
Napoli has been lethal this season. The best team in Serie A so far. Made a mockery out of Lazio.
han2503
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 20 2017, 09:43 PM) *
Napoli has been lethal this season. The best team in Serie A so far. Made a mockery out of Lazio.

Sarri is a genius.

Did you know that even Mihajlovic gets paid better than him? He's 6th in the coaches chart. If this Montella thing doesn't work we should try to go all out for him. Offer him what he deserves to be getting
Fillipo Simone
Yet somehow I don't think he's the type of coach that thrives at Milan or Juventus. Just a hunch, nevertheless.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 21 2017, 09:37 AM) *
Yet somehow I don't think he's the type of coach that thrives at Milan or Juventus. Just a hunch, nevertheless.

Have to agree. He does well with high expectation, but Milan are higher than that.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 21 2017, 09:37 AM) *

For me it doesn't matter what Club he's coaching, he's just a great tactician.

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 21 2017, 12:02 PM) *
Have to agree. He does well with high expectation, but Milan are higher than that.

Napoli have set high expectations for themselves this season. Which is to win the league. They might not achieve that because Juve have a better overall squad, but so far they're keeping pace, and look good while doing it
Fillipo Simone
You make it sound like it's mid season. So far they faced only Lazio from the upper table sides and also took a pretty hard and unexpected knock in the CL.

Sarri is good, but if he wants to make a real step forward he has to win something or at least make a good CL run.
Fishdoll
Napoli's Milik can't catch a break. He's torn his ACL again.
X-Offender
So, the scudetto once again to Juve. I really thought this time it would be the time, with the way things were going last night. Those two late goals changed everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.