Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Final Match - Cagliari - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3
han2503
Honestly, with the way we've been playing I can't see anything other than a loss

And tbh, I can't wait to get this season over and done with so we can see the new team start to shape up. The season is a lost cause anyway, EL or not won't make much of a difference
Rossoneri7
Actually EL is very important especially if your going to expect the club to realistically acquire quality players. Europe in general is where this team should aim, regardless of the recent setbacks.

I can see the team draw this game, maybe snatch 3 points if the game goes our way. It would be a shame if the lads throw this one away. Afterall Milan has done well against the stronger teams this season.

Yes I find this team to be thin and low on quality when compared to the opponent. And this game should be played as a CL final; Roma want to secure CL and Milan want a EL participation.

han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 6 2017, 07:12 PM) *
Actually EL is very important especially if your going to expect the club to realistically acquire quality players. Europe in general is where this team should aim, regardless of the recent setbacks.

I can see the team draw this game, maybe snatch 3 points if the game goes our way. It would be a shame if the lads throw this one away. Afterall Milan has done well against the stronger teams this season.

Yes I find this team to be thin and low on quality when compared to the opponent. And this game should be played as a CL final; Roma want to secure CL and Milan want a EL participation.

You really think EL participation matters to any player? CL is what's important to them, they don't care if they get to play in the EL because it's a third rate competition that no one really cares much about

And if it is true that playing in some summer friendly in Asia will net us more cash than a deep run into the EL next season then I say it's better if we don't play in it
Danny
Agreed with Han. For less ambitious clubs UEL is fine, but for a Milan, a Real, a Man Utd it's nowhere. And it won't help us attract anything better than what we have.

If a player has to choose between an EPL team with no Europe or Milan with UEL they'll choose EPL nearly every time.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 6 2017, 10:54 PM) *
Agreed with Han. For less ambitious clubs UEL is fine, but for a Milan, a Real, a Man Utd it's nowhere. And it won't help us attract anything better than what we have.

If a player has to choose between an EPL team with no Europe or Milan with UEL they'll choose EPL nearly every time.

Agreed, and it also depends on how much money you offer them (in which case the EPL team would still be able to come out on top)
Rossoneri7
It goes without saying CL>EL.

But you dont move from elimentary to highschool in one go. This team will take time to rebuild and the EL is a platform as the opponents in EL will give our team practice.

Then there is other factors that come into play.

It is not a matter of my opinion or yours. It is that of the players you try to lure. So having incremental improvements by landing a small bridge into Europe is better than just Serie A.
Nova
I don't think playing in EL gives Milan anything. Milan right now has 2 options. Spend big and smart a la Berlusconi during the 80's because let's be honest,
Milan wont escape this level of mediocrity by just waiting for a miracle. Or Milan can just wait for that miracle squad that's been formed by cut and paste and in the process is being demoted
to a mid table team.

I just hope this nightmare will end soon and the new owners can re-create the meravigliosi team I miss.
Nova
Goal Dzeko ...
han2503
Nice one Vangioni and Zapata...
Nova
How I wish we could score a goal like that ...
han2503
Thought that went in
han2503
Getting run over atm, and most of it is our fault for losing the ball in dangerous areas in the midfield
han2503
What a save from Donna on that Perroti shot
Nova
Roma playing well while we play for that lucky pass to end well
han2503
Honestly, atm it feel like Inter and Milan are competing to see who can get out of that 6th place. The way we're playing without effort and watching Inter this afternoon, I can't help but think that
han2503
What a shot from Dzeko though for that goal
han2503
Dzeko again rolleyes.gif
Nova
Dzeko again ... This is painful to watch
Ry4n
END THIS SEASON NOW!
han2503
From having one of the best defences in the league about a month ago to this

Zapata and Paletta are really workin' for it
han2503
Well this is what happens when you play an opponent that has Radja, Paredes, De Rossi in midfield while we have Pasalic and Sosa...
Nova
Roma twice against the post...
han2503
Honestly, we should just head straight for the showers at HT, forfeit the match as that would be less embarrassing
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 8 2017, 12:32 AM) *
Honestly, we should just head straight for the showers at HT, forfeit the match as that would be less embarrassing

sad.gif We should just end the season.
X-Offender
Put the stream on, game was 0-1, thought I'd keep watching. Roma scores the second, F*CK THIS SH*T!
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ May 7 2017, 08:35 PM) *
sad.gif We should just end the season.

If only we could...
Nova
The Guy who wasnt good enough for Milan comes on
Nova
My god , Paletta's face like he's controlling the defence makes me wanna punch him
han2503
PASALIC
Nova
If we get points out of this match ...
han2503
Have to say, Pasalic is generally a ghost in the midfield but the dude can score
han2503
Well, he's good enough to do that rolleyes.gif
Nova
And "mister not good enough" makes it 1-3
han2503
Literally gave him ages to set that shot up, honestly I don't know wtf they're doing, it's like they've forgotten how to even do the basics these past 2 months
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 7 2017, 09:22 PM) *
And "mister not good enough" makes it 1-3

Yep, another talent discarded by our management just so we could play the likes of Niang and Menez
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 7 2017, 11:24 PM) *
Yep, another talent discarded by our management just so we could play the likes of Niang and Menez

Menez was good , no ?
Nova
How is this not 1-7 ???
Nova
Red for Paletta. Get the hell off you piece of Sh!t
han2503
Oh the shame!

Switched it off, can't stomach anymore of this.
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 7 2017, 09:24 PM) *
Menez was good , no ?

He was good for a season and then he's wasn't anymore.
Nova
Game over... I cant stand the players anymore
Danny
Limp. This isn't Milan. Hasn't been for a while.
X-Offender
Guys, why even submit yourself to such a chore? Stop watching games, the season is well over.
Fillipo Simone
Indeed.

But I gotta say, Montella is doing a hell of a job for the new management to reconsider his position for next season.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 7 2017, 09:50 PM) *
Indeed.

But I gotta say, Montella is doing a hell of a job for the new management to reconsider his position for next season.

Montella or the players?
Fillipo Simone
All together. Sure, the players have been the main let-down, but hell - Montella is also responsible. For picking the same ****-up's like Paletta, for not motivating the team obviously, etc.
Danny
Yeah, I'm absolutely done with Montella. I thought he did a great job earlier this season but starting to wonder how much of that was just Suso in great individual form. Plus those pre-match comments lavishing praise all over Roma and the fact we've been absolute mince since that 'win' over Crotone at the San Siro...

I'm done.

I'm done with the whole Milan regime and until a new manager and a new squad comes in, there's just no point.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 7 2017, 09:37 PM) *
Guys, why even submit yourself to such a chore? Stop watching games, the season is well over.

It's like masochism, and I don't know why I bother. So I think I'm done with this season now. Unless there is literally nothing better to do and it's on TV, I won't bother.

And if Montella is still at Milan with the same squad, next season is a bust too.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 7 2017, 10:10 PM) *
Honestly, atm it feel like Inter and Milan are competing to see who can get out of that 6th place. The way we're playing without effort and watching Inter this afternoon, I can't help but think that

Seeing how Inter lost too, how can't we see that we dont want to go to Europe League ?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 7 2017, 10:18 PM) *
All together. Sure, the players have been the main let-down, but hell - Montella is also responsible. For picking the same ****-up's like Paletta, for not motivating the team obviously, etc.

What line-up do you expect him to put out? Honestly, I don't know what you guys want from this man, he has done the best he can with a really bad bunch of players which in general are just a bad mix put together by a guy iving on shady connections to clubs and agents.

Montella literally has no one on the bench that he could call upon (and please don't mention Bacca, he's become static and useless this season), he's without two of his best players, and when your sqaud is already thin, that cripples you

You know, you can blame him for playing Paletta all you want but he's generally speaking been decent this season, and had Montella dropped him and played Gomez instead who could have also made mistakes (let's face it) then you would have complained too

We've lost our starting RB, moved our starting LB to the right, lost our backup LB and are playing our 3rd choice in that position

Same thing in the CB position, our best CB has been in and out of the team with injuries, the guy who was sort of reliable at the start of the season has gone diabolical, and our backup options are simply not trustworthy at all.

Our midfield has been a joke all season, but at least we had a guy like Bona who always showed up and had moments of brilliance in him, we've been without him for the entire second part of the season and his loss has been greatly felt

Same thing in attack, Suso was great at the start, but weariness has surely set in when he's played nearly all the games this season minus 2 or 3 through injury. Bacca who was good last season has been asbolute cr@p this season

With all this and you're still blaming things on Montella. He's done all he can considering the bad card he was dealt all season long.

QUOTE (Danny @ May 7 2017, 10:29 PM) *
Yeah, I'm absolutely done with Montella. I thought he did a great job earlier this season but starting to wonder how much of that was just Suso in great individual form. Plus those pre-match comments lavishing praise all over Roma and the fact we've been absolute mince since that 'win' over Crotone at the San Siro...

I'm done.

I'm done with the whole Milan regime and until a new manager and a new squad comes in, there's just no point.

Danny, I think you're being a bit overly dramatical. You of all people should be on his side, and let me tell you why, at the start of this season when we were doing so well, you constantly questioned when the run would stop, because you knew that at some point it would have to because we were playing far beyond any expectations anyone could have built up.

Guess what, you were right, it did stop, mostly due to fatigue and injuries. Montella could only have done so much this season and imo he has achieved what he could from a bad mix and jumble of players.

Suso was only part of the success we had in that first half of the season, Bona was also a big part, same thing with our defence, which up until a few weeks ago was the third best in the league. Kucka was also performing much better than he is now and Bacca was at least still trying

We were lucky during that first half of the season, do doubt about that, we had the bounce of the ball going our way, we managed to keep our players all fit for a long stretch, now it's been the complete opposite of that, we've had bad luck in games and we've lost some of our most important players. If anything, Montella has done weel to mitigate the damages and keep us in the hunt for the EL spot

Also, I think you're being premature in judging the regime in general, the new management have barely been able to hang pictures on their office walls at Casa Milan, but we've been hearing about their contant work since day one

So I urge all of you guys to have a little faith here, we#re in for a busy summer and this team will look radically different next season.

If Montella is given the tools to work with and he still fails, then we can all call for his head, until then I think you're being rash in your assesments of him. And if the new management doesn't deliver this summer we can all start thinking about jumping ship, but until then, let's all just have a little faith, we've stuck around this long, another season won't kill anyone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.