Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 21 - Milan - Napoli
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Sorry for completely forgetting to open this. Maybe it's the trepidation of having to face Napoli during our current slump
Rossoneri7
Any streams?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 21 2017, 08:10 PM) *
Any streams?

Check Cricfree R7, there's usually always something there.

http://cricfree.sc/watch/live/ac-milan-vs-...-live-streaming
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2017, 11:12 PM) *
Check Cricfree R7, there's usually always something there.

http://cricfree.sc/watch/live/ac-milan-vs-...-live-streaming

Thanks i hope it works .. Whats your take on the game?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 21 2017, 08:28 PM) *
Thanks i hope it works .. Whats your take on the game?

I think it we rush and try to push to high we'll get absolutely trashed due to Napoli's pace and quick movement of the ball
han2503
Lucky not to give a penalty there in the opening 3 minutes

Paletta can be so clumsy and rash
Forza Milan!
Oh, great! (This will be a long game.)
han2503
0-1....

Terrible goal to concede
Forza Milan!
Make that 2.
han2503
Getting killed on the counters
han2503
Just too easy, and the mids are not helping out the defence at all.
han2503
We're playing too high, pushing both fullbacks way up the pitch, it's why we've been caught out twice already

I don't understand why we came out so gung ho. A draw here would have been acceptable
maldini03
Gomez with an absolute stinker so far. I don't really see potential there unless he has a star/leader playing next to him.

Add Sosa to that list, if we can get rid of him for anything now, we should pull the trigger. He is not fit to play the regista role, he is more of central playmaker which we have no need for in the system.
Nova
Just how can you miss that...
Forza Milan!
Got one back !
Nova
Finally ...
han2503
Well at least we're finally getting into the game

It feels like we always start games 15 to 20 minutes late right now
han2503
KUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GET IN!!
han2503
Montella will have to bring in Antonella for Calabria in the 2nd, the kid is risking too much atm
han2503
Lol, how is that not a red?
Nova
Just Be happy you got the foul Bacca
han2503
As usual, we start out terrible and spend the rest of the game trying to correct those mistakes. Let's hope we can get a draw out of this
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2017, 11:34 PM) *
Lol, how is that not a red?

That was no red , barely touched him
Danny
This is just a great football match. We're losing but anyone could win it. Napoli were leagues better than us at the start but we've fought back well and I'm actually enjoying the blood and thunder of it. Ref doing a good job of letting as much go as he can.
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Jan 21 2017, 09:36 PM) *
That was no red , barely touched him

Agreed, I just commented after the initial contact, but after watching the replay I have to admit that it was really soft. Bacca should have just hit that instead of trying to go for the foul

Also, I have to add how complete fed up of him I'm becoming, just completely useless if we're not feeding him balls into feet. Bring on Lapa I say

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 21 2017, 09:39 PM) *
This is just a great football match. We're losing but anyone could win it. Napoli were leagues better than us at the start but we've fought back well and I'm actually enjoying the blood and thunder of it. Ref doing a good job of letting as much go as he can.

True, but it's just so frustrating to see this team once again starting a game so slowly. It's like they go out, completely forget all their prep work and then suddenly when we're on the ropes a light bulb comes on
Nova
Why are missing these chances ?!?!?!
Nova
This is when real talent emerges ...
han2503
Getting so close!!
han2503
Sosa is really spraying those balls around quite accurately
Nova
Bacca ... He cant make a move ...
han2503
FFS Bacca! Stop diving and play!!
han2503
Montella should be pro-active for once with his subs and bring in Lapa early in this 2nd half
Nova
If we had Zlatan now ...
Nova
If we get goal against I'm going nuts.
Btw , this is a nice game to watch cool.gif
han2503
Taking off Sosa for Berto, has really stunted us
Nova
First ball touch Niang, loses the ball...
han2503
Such a wasted opportunity!
han2503
Montella's changes though...

Once again, terrible timing, terrible choices

Lapadula should have been introduced from the start of the second half, and honestly, I think the only reason Bacca is still starting atm is because they don't want his price to plummet in the summer

Sosa was one of our best players and he kept the game flowing throughout for us, taking him off to bring on the one footed Berto in the centre of the pitch was a death blow to our game's pace.

And Niang... Wtf is the obsession with this guy? He's proven time and time again that he's a clumsy f@cker who can't even get the simple things right, let alone be able to influence a game at the death rolleyes.gif

It's so frustrating having to sit through that game, knowing we could at the very least have drawn it with the way we played and the chances we created but a few details ruined it for us

Also, this business of starting slow and then having to claw games back is getting ridiculous now. Just be in it from the start, not 20 minutes afters the first whistle! Is that so hard to do?
Danny
Yup, this is another one that's on Montella.

After we regained our composure following going 2 down, and then again when we should have lost a third, we not only came into the game, but became the better team. We were attacking, we had real threat, and we looked like we were quite capable of scoring again following Kucka's.

But then, inexplicably, Montella ONCE AGAIN decided to hijack his own good work by absolutely ruining the pattern of the game with some idiotic subs.

1: Sosa had his best match in a Milan shirt. He was distributing the ball well, and his cross-field spreading was excellent. It was opening Napoli up down our left over and over again. So what does Vincy boy do? Removes him and puts on a guy whose only real attribute is jogging with the ball. It utterly wrecked our game.

2: Bacca was not having the match of his life but he WAS getting in good positions and with the right chance would have put it away. So Vincy boy takes him off and puts on Lapagols who did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

3: Niang on for Pasalic also added absolutely zero - it ruined yet more of the midfield which was functioning well till Vincy boy subbed one then two thirds of it.

I have to say, for all the good Vincy boy is doing, and he has done a great deal of good, he has done equal bad. He creates the masterpiece then urinates all over it. I'm starting to get absolutely frustrated with him.

I get we don't have great options on the bench, and that's an issue IF WE ARE STRUGGLING on the pitch. But this one we weren't - we were playing really well, mostly, and Vincy boy decides to change it?!

So frustrating, and Napoli know they will always beat us however they play and however we play. One word for Suso, aside a few nice crosses (about 3 in total) he is regressing badly. He doesn't beat players like he used to, and you can't rely on him for a big display when it counts like you could. It's as if he's been found out now and my lofty opinion of him is going down every passing match.

I was, however, very impressed with Sosa tonight. He showed a side to his game I didn't know he had, and the guy has vision and accuracy in abundance.
maldini03
Yeah, Sosa integrated into the game well, he did start poorly, though. Locatelli is the better option for that position because he does more defensively but Sosa should be taking Pasalic's spot.
Danny
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 22 2017, 01:18 AM) *
Yeah, Sosa integrated into the game well, he did start poorly, though. Locatelli is the better option for that position because he does more defensively but Sosa should be taking Pasalic's spot.

Thought all three of our midfielders actually had a good match. In fact our only weak performers of the starters were Suso, maybe Gigio (his form loss continues), and Calabria. Everyone else was good to great.
Rossoneri7
Didn't manage to watch the game live, watched a rerun earlier this morning though and I was very impressed with the game, as a "football match".

With regards to Milan, the team put in a fine performance (as did Napoli) yet we lost - A lose which is part and parcel to the game. I for one did not expect Milan to be in this position from the start, yet here they are. And they deserve praise as they were not built to win the league and the past couple of seasons are indicative of where the team was headed.

Credit where it is due! If the team played well and lost the team deserves a pat on the back for the fight. Which is not always the case where we highlight our players short comings. Okay, how about the other team has better players? a solid group of players that have played well together for years now? Yeah, Napoli do have a great team and deserved the win.

As for us, its okay, we brush ourselves off and try again next Sunday.
Danny
They do have better players - they replaced Higuain with Mertens. We have nothing like this depth. They are the second best in Italy for sure.
maldini03
I thought Gomez and Sosa were poor starting the match, but they got better as the game went on. I agree that everyone had good games though. Calabria is much better at Rb than Lb. I thought Gigio played really well made some amazing saves at the end of the game, the first goal wasn't his fault but the second I thought he could have done better on. That said, all of the goals required excellent finishing.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 23 2017, 02:49 AM) *
I thought Gomez and Sosa were poor starting the match, but they got better as the game went on. I agree that everyone had good games though. Calabria is much better at Rb than Lb. I thought Gigio played really well made some amazing saves at the end of the game, the first goal wasn't his fault but the second I thought he could have done better on. That said, all of the goals required excellent finishing.

We're getting better at defending. I don't think it's an embarassment to lose to the best team in Italy (on current form), by a single goal, and that too because the wood work saved them. Not to forget we were without two critical components in Romagnoli and Locatelli. Locatelli is far more defensively aware than Sosa and I have a feeling those two easy counter attacks would have been avoided with a different player.

I believe at this point, that Sosa and Bertolacci are interchangeable with Locatelli and Kucka having the other two spots.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 23 2017, 12:09 PM) *
I don't think it's an embarassment to lose to the best team in Italy (on current form), by a single goal, and that too because the wood work saved them.

Yeah, that is how I feel as well. Would have preferred to get 1 point out of it (or even 3), but at least the team tried (which is more than I can say about these past years). However, we cannot afford to drop any more points now.
han2503
Well, let's look at it this way, if we win against Udine nest weekend we'll be on better ground than we were after 3 matches at the start of the season

Not to mention, I think the way we've played so far in these first 2 fixtures compared to the reverse ones at the star of the season shows how far we've come this season. It's just night and day in terms of the way we've played. The only issue has to be the slow starts we're currently suffering from which have put us in terrible spots early in the game
Fillipo Simone
Jack, Han - what are you talking about? We played awful against Napoli. We can only thank Dries Mertens and a few other Napoli players that the match didn't end with a 4 or 5 goal margin. Have you see the sitters they missed? Have you seen our defense getting caught out time after time? I don't know what to think, saying it's a big improvement that we lost only by one difference against the best team in Italy isn't simply telling the whole truth. We were mostly bad and in times appalling.

Montella has to wake up and start thinking what he's doing. Calabria obviously cannot play on the left. Zapata should be picked before Gomez. PaĊĦalić should be benched as well. Niang crossed off entirely. I don't get why we do these changes in such a slow fashion?
han2503
I disagree Fillipo, we were obviously watching different games, I thought we were by far the better side for most of the game

Couple of chances on counters does not a great performance make.
Fillipo Simone
Yoda? tongue.gif tongue.gif

But we were torn apart in the first 20 minutes. Then they laid back and started killing us with counter attacks. Only the finishing lacked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.