Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Coppa Italiana - Juventus - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Our biggest game of the season (imo) let's hope for the best.
Danny
I see it as an irrelevance ha! I hold no importance with cup tournaments beyond Europe now.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 21 2016, 11:00 PM) *
Our biggest game of the season (imo) let's hope for the best.

Biggest game of the season han? The biggest game should be a fight for the 3rd or 5th spot.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 22 2016, 01:02 PM) *
Biggest game of the season han? The biggest game should be a fight for the 3rd or 5th spot.

Must be a weird time of the year Pippo because we're mostly agreeing right now...
X-Offender
Well, it's a trophy.
d'Arc.LP
I dont see why all the fuss about either. We should concentrate on Serie A.
X-Offender
You guys are no fun.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 22 2016, 10:40 PM) *
You guys are no fun.

And a happy new year.
Jack Sparrow
Biggest game of the year since Coppa Italia final. Would be our first silverware in ages. Of course we have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a victory so there's that.
Fillipo Simone
Well, we can agree on this. Biggest game of the year, after the Coppa final. Last trophy we won was the Supercoppa against Inter in 2011, right?
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 23 2016, 09:27 AM) *
Biggest game of the year since Coppa Italia final. Would be our first silverware in ages. Of course we have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a victory so there's that.

We've already had our biggest game of the year. We won it v Juve. That's it. Party's over folks.

I'll watch this and hope we win but there's more chance of that snowball not only surviving but leaping into a volcano and doing the fandango in its underwear.
han2503
Well for a club that hasn't seen any silverware in years, I think it's important sad.gif

Anyway, anyone got any decent stream? My IPTV subscription is suddenly acting up and not working for some reason
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2016, 07:38 PM) *
Well for a club that hasn't seen any silverware in years, I think it's important sad.gif

Anyway, anyone got any decent stream? My IPTV subscription is suddenly acting up and not working for some reason

http://sharkstream.net/ch15.php
han2503
1-0

Getting outplayed badly
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 23 2016, 05:46 PM) *

thanks!!!!
d'Arc.LP
I stopped watching the game.
han2503
BONAAAAAA

What a goal!
han2503
So close to the second! Off the post
han2503
Getting so close but a bit unlucky as well

han2503
Pasalic for Locatelli is another strange move. Kucka imo has been the biggest problem in our midfield, not to mention that he's toeing the red card line atm
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2016, 03:06 PM) *
Pasalic for Locatelli is another strange move. Kucka imo has been the biggest problem in our midfield, not to mention that he's toeing the red card line atm

Agreed. Kucka has looked off and we look less solid in the midfield without Locatelli.
han2503
How was that not scored!?
han2503
Bacca has been terrible with the chances he's been afforded today. Should have scored that
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2016, 08:32 PM) *
How was that not scored!?

Well, it's Bacca for you.
han2503
This will go to penalties and we'll lose
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2016, 08:34 PM) *
Bacca has been terrible with the chances he's been afforded today. Should have scored that

He has been terrible for some time. Not sure why people believe he is critical, I would be happy to see him leave if we can get decent money.
milanbuf88
I wish so much that we had a few more players that could play on the level of Suso and Bonaventura.
William405
penalties!
Forza Milan!
I hate penalties
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Dec 23 2016, 07:53 PM) *
I wish so much that we had a few more players that could play on the level of Suso and Bonaventura.

Yeah, Suso was immense today, created so many problems for them and in reality could have had 2 assists had Bacca been aiming.

But the fact that we lack quality both on the pitch and on the bench always hurts us in games like this
Forza Milan!
Not starting out too well.
han2503
Terrible penalty by Lapa!

I knew we would screw these up
han2503
Off the post Madzukic
Forza Milan!
We won !!!
milanbuf88
Grande Gigi!!!!
han2503
YESSS
han2503
Deserved! We were the better team

And such a great way to go into the break. Gives me great hope for the rest of the season, this is why I viewed it as the most important game of the season for us. A huge boost for the team
d'Arc.LP
Players cheering and crying with tears of joy for winning a none important cup - now i didnt think we hit bottom when we lost vs Genoa, but this...

The very next Serie A game is much more important than this game.
han2503
That's twice over Juve this season biggrin.gif
William405
This will do wonders to our confidence! Going head to head with Juve again..and being the better side!
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2016, 10:21 PM) *
That's twice over Juve this season biggrin.gif

Yes, and it's not that it was total luck. We were matching Juve.
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 23 2016, 08:20 PM) *
Players cheering and crying with tears of joy for winning a none important cup - now i didnt think we hit bottom when we lost vs Genoa, but this...

What is it with you guys??

I think it's great to see this team finally winning something, and it's not like we won it over a bogus team, but the team that has been monopolizing Italian football for years now

Think what you want but I think this is a very important step in the careers of these players, especially the young guys who have never really experienced playing in any big games.

Let's just be happy about this for a minute at least! Geeez!

I think we showed great character today, and we were better than Juve for the majority of it. And I also think that this will be a very important moment for us this season. It's the boost this team needed to carry on forward for the rest of the season in the vein we started it in. Otherwise I could easily see us plummet down the table, especially with a disappointment today
milanbuf88
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 23 2016, 04:20 PM) *

The only player I saw crying was Locatelli who is not far removed from playing primavera ball. I think it's understandable.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 23 2016, 08:22 PM) *
Yes, and it's not that it was total luck. We were matching Juve.

I actually think we were better for most of it

We started shakily but after we conceded the players woke up. Bona and especially Suso were simply unplayable. Suso was giving them so much trouble down that right side and with a bit better finishing we would have won this handily
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2016, 10:25 PM) *
What is it with you guys??

I think it's great to see this team finally winning something, and it's not like we won it over a bogus team, but the team that has been monopolizing Italian football for years now

Think what you want but I think this is a very important step in the careers of these players, especially the young guys who have never really experienced playing in any big games.

Let's just be happy about this for a minute at least! Geeez!

I think we showed great character today, and we were better than Juve for the majority of it. And I also think that this will be a very important moment for us this season. It's the boost this team needed to carry on forward for the rest of the season in the vein we started it in. Otherwise I could easily see us plummet down the table, especially with a disappointment today

+1000
han2503
Oh and if any of you guys think Juve weren't giving their all and didn't want to win this badly, think again

I don't see this as the write off you guys are making it out to be, it's another official title for us
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 23 2016, 08:20 PM) *

Are you for real??? For crying out loud! Most of these players haven't won anything in their careers, so winning an official silverware with a club like Milan against Juventus nonetheless gives them immense joy. It's understandable.

Even more, the fact they were so happy shows how much they cared about winning, which is something we fans should be proud about.

Seriously, stop acting like a bunch of prima donnas and enjoy the victory.
Danny
I saw this as no importance but the players didn't, the manager didn't, and they gave it their all, and frankly earned an important win - a second win in 2 months over Juve.

The gravitas of the trophy is minimal but the psychological impact on our club from this result is huge.

The players were looking jaded leading up to this match, with a form slide quite tangible - and even in the first half the quality of the play was lacking from us up till the equaliser but Montella's organisation was quite obvious and it worked too, then after that goal we were amazingly the better team. That all gave those knackered players and the manager a big lift going into 2017, and if we can do some business next month in some badly lacking areas, such as central defence, central midfield, left wing and striker, we can start to look toward the rest of this season with hope.

UCL may still be beyond us as things stand, but a place in Europe isn't.

This trophy didn't consistently matter to all fans, it didn't to me, but I was happy to win, but the importance of it upon the players was huge and to that extent, you have to say good job.

Except the director with the penalties - that viewing angle from the opposite end of the pitch is vile and should only be used for replays.
d'Arc.LP
No point in arguing, but I would switch this win over Genoas or Napolis loss in a blink.

If I didn't knew better, I would say Juve let us have this one 'cos Berlusconi needed closure smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
So I haven't been around here for quite sometime... lol

But I have still been following Milan all throughout still, just been very busy.

We haven't yet fully recovered, but I will say this, I am pleased with our side presently and what we have been doing.

The pride of playing for Milan seems to be making a return with the current bunch of players.

And while we don't have any 'World Class' players at the moment, we have a lot of very good ones in my opinion.

Definitely potential ones to look forward to though... Romagnoli, Donnarumma, Locatelli, De Sciglio, Bonaventura, Suso... Man I really like this our side at the moment.

And yes while this isn't the biggest accomplishment of the club, its the best one we've had for 4+ years. So I'll definitely take it. Its an 'official' trophy that we won against great opposition.

We have more success to come... Forza Milan!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.