Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 13 - Milan - Inter
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
A competition of who sucks the most, let's hope Inter don't disappoint
han2503
Romagnoli will most likely miss the match due to a muscle strain he picked up while player for Italy

So it's between Zapata and Gomez. And this is when the fact that we didn't sign a proper CB in the summer starts to bite us in the @ss big time

Zapata hasn't played in months and is generally a liability even when he's in his best form. While what we've seen from Gomez generally points to a player who's undisciplined, and is a major gamble
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 15 2016, 02:11 PM) *
A competition of who sucks the most, let's hope Inter don't disappoint

Hmh????
Rossoneri7
Dont want to put my hopes up as a draw seems highly likely; especially if the lads take this encounter lightly.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 17 2016, 09:32 PM) *
Hmh????

The table might be looking good for us, but the performances paint an entirely different picture. We've struggled to really make a mark even against the worst teams in the league.

The derby's story in the last few years has basically been the statement I made above. A competition of who's worse on the night. And when one team looks good, it's usually a case of saying "are we really playing this good or is the other side making us look good?"

That being said, Inter have been spiralling, so I hope they don't disappoint this weekend and they'll be their usual selves.
Jack Sparrow
I'm worried about this one. Basically any time we've had a new CB pairing we've struggled. sad.gif And Icardi at the moment is miles ahead of Bacca in capability. New coach there, so no idea what the plan is going to be. I'm guessing they'll go back to a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-3-3.

I just want us to win. Win ugly, with a scrappy 89th minute deflection, I don't give a f_ck, but just win! sleep.gif
maldini03
I think this game is going to be a tough one. Pioli will give them stability they could never find under de Boer. I think he will employ the same system he used at Lazio(4-3-3), the team Inter has now is very similar to that Lazio team. Right now Inter definitely, on paper, has the better team. They have a lot of players who can make something happen, but we have the cohesion and the ball bouncing our way.

This game is bound to be scrappy, but I can't see us pulling out a win without Romag. That being said, I also didn't think we would be able to beat Juve, so here's hoping I'm wrong.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 18 2016, 12:54 AM) *
The table might be looking good for us, but the performances paint an entirely different picture. We've struggled to really make a mark even against the worst teams in the league.

The derby's story in the last few years has basically been the statement I made above. A competition of who's worse on the night. And when one team looks good, it's usually a case of saying "are we really playing this good or is the other side making us look good?"

That being said, Inter have been spiralling, so I hope they don't disappoint this weekend and they'll be their usual selves.

I disagree completely with you. I'll never understand this logic of self flagellation you apply every now and then. Surely, Milan ain't playing like Barcelona. Surely, this isn't the birth moment of a great future team of invincible Milanistas. But after what, 2 years of torment this is perhaps the closest we came to a breeze of freshness and hope. And then you mark the derby as a "competition of who sucks most"? Come on man, this isn't necessary, really . in so many ways.

Today in football many derbies tend to be this way; one-sided. Look at Bayern-Dortmund, ends up usually very bad for the latter. Look at City and United - watched a few of those derbies recently, not much excitement. So everything has and up and a down side. I look at the Madonnina derby as a pretty ancient derby, stripped off the special quality it had back in the 90's and 00's, but with lots of emotions, lots of ups and downs, hard work, tears, sweat and joy.

I don't get why you have to be so negative. Is it a shield for you? You drop expectations by saying the derby is a competition of who sucks most so you can watch it with more - what? Joy? Certainly not. So what does you approach bring I ask myself?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 19 2016, 11:06 AM) *
I disagree completely with you. I'll never understand this logic of self flagellation you apply every now and then. Surely, Milan ain't playing like Barcelona. Surely, this isn't the birth moment of a great future team of invincible Milanistas. But after what, 2 years of torment this is perhaps the closest we came to a breeze of freshness and hope. And then you mark the derby as a "competition of who sucks most"? Come on man, this isn't necessary, really . in so many ways.

Today in football many derbies tend to be this way; one-sided. Look at Bayern-Dortmund, ends up usually very bad for the latter. Look at City and United - watched a few of those derbies recently, not much excitement. So everything has and up and a down side. I look at the Madonnina derby as a pretty ancient derby, stripped off the special quality it had back in the 90's and 00's, but with lots of emotions, lots of ups and downs, hard work, tears, sweat and joy.

I don't get why you have to be so negative. Is it a shield for you? You drop expectations by saying the derby is a competition of who sucks most so you can watch it with more - what? Joy? Certainly not. So what does you approach bring I ask myself?

Geez... Does there need to be some deep psychological meaning to what I said? And if I were doing some weird reverse mojo type thing, I would have said that I thought we were going to lose...

It's no secret that the quality of play in the derby these last few years has completely dropped compared to a few years ago. And it has mostly been a competition who's less terrible on the night. I don't think I'm just making that up in my insecure mind

I'm still very hopeful about winning today and we have a 50/50 chance, like in any other derby, where form doesn't really matter much on the day

Oh and I agree that big games in today's football have generally lost that excitement and everyone plays a defensive (let's not concede first, game plan). But there's a difference between lack or quality and lack of excitement
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 20 2016, 02:46 PM) *
Geez... Does there need to be some deep psychological meaning to what I said? And if I were doing some weird reverse mojo type thing, I would have said that I thought we were going to lose...

It's no secret that the quality of play in the derby these last few years has completely dropped compared to a few years ago. And it has mostly been a competition who's less terrible on the night. I don't think I'm just making that up in my insecure mind

I'm still very hopeful about winning today and we have a 50/50 chance, like in any other derby, where form doesn't really matter much on the day

Oh and I agree that big games in today's football have generally lost that excitement and everyone plays a defensive (let's not concede first, game plan). But there's a difference between lack or quality and lack of excitement

I think deep down it has some psychological meaning. You see, if you say we're gonna lose it's a 50-50 gamble that could easily end up in your face. But saying "everyone sucks" is almost a win-win mental scenario. Only if somehow Bonaventura, Bacca and Icardi stop the world for a moment and do a "Messi" or "Ronaldo" this statement could be fully dismissed.

But the thing is, let's try to preserve some excitement for the derby. It's utterly destimulating to open up the derby thread and read the intro posts tagline "a competition of who sucks most".
X-Offender
I agree with Fillipo. We're 3rd, it's the derby, let's stay positive.

Btw, Roma lost. If we win, we'll be 2nd. When was the last time we were 2nd? Since 2012 if I'm not mistaken.
Fillipo Simone
A few weeks from now we reached 2nd, yes?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 20 2016, 04:40 PM) *
I think deep down it has some psychological meaning. You see, if you say we're gonna lose it's a 50-50 gamble that could easily end up in your face. But saying "everyone sucks" is almost a win-win mental scenario. Only if somehow Bonaventura, Bacca and Icardi stop the world for a moment and do a "Messi" or "Ronaldo" this statement could be fully dismissed.

But the thing is, let's try to preserve some excitement for the derby. It's utterly destimulating to open up the derby thread and read the intro posts tagline "a competition of who sucks most".

I assure you it doesn't tongue.gif

I'll try to be extra, super positive next time I open a thread biggrin.gif

Anyway, we'll see, losing Romagnoli for this one is a big blow. I hope Gomez can reign in his performance a bit so he's not all over the place
han2503
The kit situation is really confusing. The only thing that distinguishes the 2 teams is the colour of the shorts and socks
milanbuf88
De Sciglio with two stupid fouls in a row and gets a yellow.
han2503
Niang is letting DS get double teamed!! Track back you lazy @sshole!!
han2503
We look completely outnumbered in every position
d'Arc.LP
SUSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

WHAT A SPECIAL PLAYER
d'Arc.LP
Any Suso hater still left here ?!
milanbuf88
SUSOOOO!!!!!! Cutting in on his left like always! Fucking gorgeous and so against the run of play.
han2503
SUSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
d'Arc.LP
Great play by Suso there.
han2503
What a time to score

Especially after being MIA throughout that first half and riding our luck a bit

Need to do better in the second

Suso is really proving to be the real deal finally. He's learning how to adapt his game, he's becoming more and more effective. I'm really impressed with how he's starting to really show up for us
Fillipo Simone
Gomez with an overall solid performance so far. I think we need to change something in the midfield, perhaps add one player for Kuco or Locatelli. We've gotta get more possession for the next half.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 20 2016, 09:41 PM) *
Gomez with an overall solid performance so far. I think we need to change something in the midfield, perhaps add one player for Kuco or Locatelli. We've gotta get more possession for the next half.

But who?

Poli generally goes missing, a lot of running and no substance.

Zapata is warming up, but I honestly don't know what the point of brining in a calamity defender would be.

Sosa is the only other option and he's not really a defensively sound player

Locatelli is winning balls back for us but his distribution is non-existent atm. Honestly, Montella is in a tough spot atm as he has very little viable options to come off the bench and fix the gaping hole we have in the midfield.
han2503
FFS why did no one close him down??

Stil whining about a throw in that was there's. Locatelli touched that last so stop whining and get on with it!
d'Arc.LP
That was a faul on Locatelli !
d'Arc.LP
Inter want the 3 points much more than us, it seems on the pitch.
d'Arc.LP
SUSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
milanbuf88
Suso scores with his right! Is this real life!? Suso is on fire!!!
milanbuf88
Suso scores with his right! Is this real life!? Suso is on fire!!!
han2503
SUSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
d'Arc.LP
What else does he have to do ? Scoring from outside the box - check, scoring with his right - check, he is proving some people wrong and I am glad to see it. Time is showing he is one our best player this season smile.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 21 2016, 12:01 AM) *
FFS why did no one close him down??

Stil whining about a throw in that was there's. Locatelli touched that last so stop whining and get on with it!

The reason they protested is because that was a foul on Locatelli.
d'Arc.LP
Sosa for Niang, push Bona up, now!
d'Arc.LP
Ansaldi got r-ed by Suso tonight. I feel for him.
han2503
Ansaldi has repeatedly fouled Suso with no action taken since that first card.

Niang being an idiot as usual.

I'd take him off to bring in Sosa or Poli
milanbuf88
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Nov 20 2016, 06:07 PM) *
What else does he have to do ? Scoring from outside the box - check, scoring with his right - check, he is proving some people wrong and I am glad to see it. Time is showing he is one our best player this season smile.gif

He's played incredibly well today. Definitely proving me wrong and I'm happy to admit that. I'm not ready to declare him our best player though.
han2503
Fernandez about to come on for some reason
d'Arc.LP
Locatelli is really enjoying this game. He is improving game by game.
milanbuf88
I want to see Lapadula in for Niang. He will harass Inter's defenders and hussle hard.
milanbuf88
I'm getting my wish!
d'Arc.LP
Lapadula reminds me of Inzaghi.
d'Arc.LP
**** !
han2503
NOOOO

FFS!
milanbuf88
****. So close to the win. A shame.
han2503
This is what you get when you don't play for over 30 minutes!

2-2

2 points lost
d'Arc.LP
Donna is not a Milan fan, look at how he saluted the fans and you will see it.
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Nov 20 2016, 10:42 PM) *
Donna is not a Milan fan, look at how he saluted the fans and you will see it.

huh.gif huh.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 21 2016, 12:43 AM) *
huh.gif huh.gif

In his interviews in the past weeks he didn't close the door to Juventus, neither did his agent and I started to have this thought that he is not a fan of this club, like for example Bona and Locatelli are. Seeing how he saluted the fans in the end when all the players went to them, I am sure he will not stay here for long. It can be just a hunch, but my intuition is telling me this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.