Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 12 - Palermo - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
han2503
This will be a big game for us, not only will it be a test to see if the team can keep their concentration and not drop points in a game where we're very clear favourites, which is something that has plagued us in the past, but Lazio and Napoli will be facing each other as well, so this should give us an even bigger incentive as we can open up a bit of a gap between us and either one of those teams or both - should they draw.

Either way, if we win this we'll go into the winter brake in a solid position, especially having Inter right when we start back up again in 2 weeks.
d'Arc.LP
Probable line-ups according to GdS. https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=589066BA

The improvements of Locatelli in his four games as a starter. #GdS https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=58D4E0A2

Montella has tried Luiz Adriano and Bonaventura as a replacement for Niang. If Bonaventura is utilized in the LW role, then it is likely that Pasalic will start in the midfield. #Sky

Milan, Niang out against Palermo because of flu. Bonaventura as a winger, runoff Pasalic-Sosa for the midfield, currently Pasalic on the lead.
| Sky Sport 24 |
X-Offender
It's only fair that Pasalic is given a proper chance. Hope he plays.
han2503
Napoli-Lazio finished 1-1

So this will be a big opportunity for us to open up a bit of a gap (no matter how small)
X-Offender
Well, we have a well-known reputation for fucking up chances like this.
Nova
Curious...
Nova
More channels broadcasted the Pescara-Empoli match than they will with this match...
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 6 2016, 02:52 PM) *
More channels broadcasted the Pescara-Empoli match than they will with this match...

An indication of where we are right now.
d'Arc.LP
Official line-up:
(4-3-3): Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Locatelli, Pasalic; Suso, Bacca, Bonaventura.
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 6 2016, 04:53 PM) *
An indication of where we are right now.

Serie A in general too.
han2503
SUSOOOOOOOOOOOO
d'Arc.LP
SUSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 0-1

han2503
Kucka has been a huge liability today
han2503
It's so frustrating to see us always losing that edge once we score. It's like we switch off and try to cruise it instead of closing the game out early like we should have done

Instead we have invited Palermo on to us and gave them opportunities that they shouldn't be getting
han2503
Paletta once again exercising the stupid 2 footed tackle. Howstupid can this guy get? Should have been a penalty for Palermo and a red card to him
han2503
1-1

It was coming and we deserve it!
han2503
Lol, and he brought on Poli
d'Arc.LP
LAPADULAAAAAAAAAAA 1-2
han2503
LAPADULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
han2503
What a goal!!
han2503
Also, it feels like Suso has been wearing some sort of invisibility cloak, because he's been hitting that same ball at them over and over again and they kept letting him
Nova
3 important points !!
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 6 2016, 04:55 PM) *
3 important points !!

Yep, a disaster of a performance though. To allow so many opportunities to Palermo who are probably one of the worst teams in the league this season is worrying.

Thankfully there's the break coming up so we can regroup a bit
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 6 2016, 07:55 PM) *
3 important points !!

And a growing team that started from the bottom king.gif
X-Offender
Suso should have scored at least two. Palermo's goalie was on a rampage today.

Also, Donna is very much at fault on their goal. I hate it when goalies make these early dives trying to anticipate the shot. If he had just stayed still he would have saved it.
Fillipo Simone
At fault? What are you talking about? At fault are firstly our players who piloted us directly to this clusterf*** situation with our attitude. Secondly, the defenders are at fault; particularly Romagnoli who made couple of errors in this one. The you could argue that Donna should/could have done better, but he surely isn't at fault.

And look guys, Genoa and Palermo games our bound to happen to this young and inexperienced team. The bigger problem for me is Montella. His changes are baffling and irritating at most. He stroke luck with Lapadula today, but...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 6 2016, 10:58 PM) *
At fault? What are you talking about? At fault are firstly our players who piloted us directly to this clusterf*** situation with our attitude. Secondly, the defenders are at fault; particularly Romagnoli who made couple of errors in this one. The you could argue that Donna should/could have done better, but he surely isn't at fault.

Haha, come on, I'm talking about the moment of the shot. Surely everyone was at fault for letting Palermo take the chance, duh. But Donna's early dive was just baffling. Let's not make this bigger than it should be.
Fillipo Simone
Well, you're the one who started this by saying he's at fault. But yes, he should have done better. Plenty of time to learn a thing or two wink.gif
d'Arc.LP
Suso was pretty special yesterday, an assist and a goal, who would have thought ? smile.gif

Player ratings.
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=5887764D
maldini03
Credit where it's due, Suso was our best player yesterday. Their keeper kept them in it with 3 or 4 really excellent saves on his shots. I will say though that the assist came more to the effort of Lapadula than Suso playing some excellent ball. It would have been a weak shot at the end if Lapadula didn't get the touch.
X-Offender
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Nov 7 2016, 04:44 PM) *
I will say though that the assist came more to the effort of Lapadula than Suso playing some excellent ball. It would have been a weak shot at the end if Lapadula didn't get the touch.

Is that really worth mentioning? I don't think anyone believes that Suso should take glory for the second goal.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Nov 7 2016, 07:44 PM) *
Credit where it's due, Suso was our best player yesterday. Their keeper kept them in it with 3 or 4 really excellent saves on his shots. I will say though that the assist came more to the effort of Lapadula than Suso playing some excellent ball. It would have been a weak shot at the end if Lapadula didn't get the touch.

Agreed, they both contributed to our win and that is as a result of direct intervention from the pair. I mean imagine Suso smacked the ball and it didn't find Lapadula. We would be walking away with 1 point probably.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Nov 7 2016, 03:58 AM) *
Suso was pretty special yesterday, an assist and a goal, who would have thought ? smile.gif

Player ratings.
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=5887764D

Suso had a very good game against Palermo but it is baffling to me that they would allow him so much space and so many opportunities to cut in on his left boot just outside the 18. Not that I'm complaining but anyone who watches five minutes of film on the guy would know that that's his favorite spot. Perhaps that's why they're solidly relegation candidates. Anyway, I'm very happy that he showed up big Sunday. Winning games against poor competition when you're not at your best is crucial for putting together a run at getting back into European competition. I'll be very curious to see if Suso can keep this up against higher quality opposition.
X-Offender
Oh wow, it's like you guys have a problem with Suso or something. Praising him for his game but then always finding something to complain about. He had a good game, that's all. Who cares whether Palermo gave him too much freedom or that they're a relegation team. If Niang had the same performance you'd all be praising him to death...
Fillipo Simone
Both are good now but nothing but mediocre to be truthful. Suso is young, but I don't see much room for improvement with him.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 6 2016, 11:03 PM) *
Haha, come on, I'm talking about the moment of the shot. Surely everyone was at fault for letting Palermo take the chance, duh. But Donna's early dive was just baffling. Let's not make this bigger than it should be.

Yeah, Donna does tend to dive around a bit too much for my tastes. He's usually spot on but you'll get caught out eventually. anyway, this is not to say that's I'm not happy about the incredible progress he's making. The fact that he's one of the top keepers in the league at 17 says it all.

As for the game in general, I agree with Fillipo about Montella, mostly about the subs. They're just so annoying! Sure he's struck luck a couple of times like with Locatelli and Lapadula, but I genuinely think that they're mostly just shots in the dark

Also, bringing on Mati when he looked like he's barely even fit was strange, especially since Sosa was relatively good the week before, I really think he could add a bit of needed quality to the side but Montella seems to be marginalising him atm, probably because he never really wanted him to begin with but now that he's here why not try and utilise him?

Pasalic was okay I guess, nothing special, started well but faded, Kucka was a total nightmare, made so many errors. He tends to be so inconsistent, one game he's great the next he's frustrating and the next he's more of a liability than any help

The Suso - Niang debate is pointless. But I have to say Suso is definitely more my cup of tea than Niang. I think both have a relatively low ceiling and they won't improve much more. And both will need to be replaced in the future. But Suso atm, is really working hard, and I like to see how he's improved from last season especially in terms of maturity. He's no longer constantly looking to dribble and shoot, he's more into being part of the team than the individualistic play, which I think was mostly due to wanting so badly to impress
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.