Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 8 - Milan - Juventus
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 18 2016, 04:18 PM) *
Juventus topic?

Probable Xl vs. Juve (4-3-3)
Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Locatelli, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang.
[Sky]

Let's see if we can at least get a draw out of this. I'd still play Poli or Sosa ahead of Locatelli though

Currently watching Juve against Lyon. Hoping they give Juve a good run around at least so they're a bit tired against us (we need all the help we can get)
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 18 2016, 10:01 PM) *
Let's see if we can at least get a draw out of this. I'd still play Poli or Sosa ahead of Locatelli though

Currently watching Juve against Lyon. Hoping they give Juve a good run around at least so they're a bit tired against us (we need all the help we can get)

There is no doubt that the team is living a great momentum and I hate the fact that we are facing Juventus right now cos they might cool down all the hype, but we had to meet them sooner or later. This has its positive side cos we might give Juve a harder time than they think. A draw here I think is a must, why not try to snach 3 points.

As for the contested mid position, I would still go with Locatelli over Poli and Sosa. Why? Firstly cos he has played much more this season and he has connected with the team and mentality more than Sosa. They only thing in which Sosa (should) beats Locatelli is passing skills (even though it is not that Locatelli lacks it that much) but we have not seen that not even once from him (maybe a little in his first game with us), but in other aspects Locatelli has been way before him. Locatelli is much better in defensive and air, he also understands the game and teammates better. As for Poli starting before Locatelli I wouldnt suggest it, since Locatelli has better creative and passing skills than him and holds the midfield much better. Also, I dont see Kucka and Poli playing together as CMFs, especially since we are now (at least against Chievo we did) playing 3-4-3 when starting the action and they would be the only creativity options we would have in the center of the midfield. This is only my opinion though.

If Locatelli was not available for selection then I would go with a stranger option, playing with:

GK

Defense

Suso - Kucka - Bonaventura

Honda - Bacca - Niang

OR

GK

Defense

Kucka - Pasalic

Suso - Bona - Niang

Bacca
d'Arc.LP
Montella: "Locatelli played as simple as I had asked him. He was good at not committing mistakes after he was booked."
Jack Sparrow
I think Montella realises that he needs to get the youngsters comfortable first before letting them express their talent. Errors in midfield are punished quite lethally in Italy and he's occupying a tough role.

That said for this match, I don't expect Montella to change to a 4-4-2 or anything just yet. Probably won't see a change in personnel either barring training injuries.

But if we do go defensive, I can see Lapadula playing to pressure Bonucci with his workrate and not let them play from the back easily. He might start in place of Suso.
William405
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 19 2016, 09:39 AM) *
I think Montella realises that he needs to get the youngsters comfortable first before letting them express their talent. Errors in midfield are punished quite lethally in Italy and he's occupying a tough role.

That said for this match, I don't expect Montella to change to a 4-4-2 or anything just yet. Probably won't see a change in personnel either barring training injuries.

But if we do go defensive, I can see Lapadula playing to pressure Bonucci with his workrate and not let them play from the back easily. He might start in place of Suso.

Why would he play instead of Suso? He is a CF.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 19 2016, 02:54 PM) *
Why would he play instead of Suso? He is a CF.

We've used him on the wings before. He wouldn't do the Suso thing of hugging the wing and we'd shift to mostly a 4-3-2-1. Because Juve will only have one threat down the wing for our fullback to deal with (Evra) and we can then have Lapadula or Niang drop deep to help out the midfield from being overloaded when we are defending and to pressure the centre back when we're attacking.

The point is that for Bacca to be useful he'll need to find space. Getting isolated against the Juve back three will do nothing for him. My guess is we are going to need one of those long range goals again.
William405
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 19 2016, 01:21 PM) *
We've used him on the wings before. He wouldn't do the Suso thing of hugging the wing and we'd shift to mostly a 4-3-2-1. Because Juve will only have one threat down the wing for our fullback to deal with (Evra) and we can then have Lapadula or Niang drop deep to help out the midfield from being overloaded when we are defending and to pressure the centre back when we're attacking.

The point is that for Bacca to be useful he'll need to find space. Getting isolated against the Juve back three will do nothing for him. My guess is we are going to need one of those long range goals again.

Hmm, you make a good case for it. Not sure Montella would try it out though. We have a certain balance at the moment, and I'm not sure he wants to play with it.
mishie
starting Locatelli is a no brainer for me, trust him he will be fine in there no worries.

i think it'll be the same formation and starting line-up albeit Bacca will swap for Lapadula
d'Arc.LP
Locatelli will likely start against Juve. #MN

Jack Sparrow
Yeah. We have no huge injury concerns and that lineup is playing well now. I expect the same lineup to start.
d'Arc.LP
There will be more than 76k spectators at San Siro to attend Milan-Juve. At Casa Milan during the day are expected 10k visitors. #MN

Milan will generate €3,55m from ticket sales, a record in the history of the club in Serie A. #MN
mishie
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 21 2016, 07:51 PM) *
There will be more than 76k spectators at San Siro to attend Milan-Juve. At Casa Milan during the day are expected 10k visitors. #MN

Milan will generate €3,55m from ticket sales, a record in the history of the club in Serie A. #MN

I'll be there wink.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 22 2016, 04:04 AM) *
I'll be there wink.gif

Nice, I hope you have good time. How does it feel knowing that you just contributed to our next transfer window or paying Baccas wages by buying the ticket? laugh.gif
William405
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 21 2016, 08:51 PM) *

This is great!

d'Arc.LP
Official line-ups:

Milan: Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Locatelli, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang

Juventus: Buffon; Benatia, Bonucci, Barzagli; Dani Alves, Khedira, Hernanes, Pjanic, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Higuain
d'Arc.LP
So, we are just a few minutes away from the start of the game. As we can see Juventus is playing with their best formation (only Chiellini missing) and it is quite obvious that on the paper we has much less quality players than them. But at lots of times better names doesnt mean better result, so this is one of those games that our players have to give their 110%. I have a feeling we can cause trouble to Juventus, but lets wait and see.
kurtsimonw
Great officiating to disallow that goal.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 22 2016, 10:30 PM) *
Great officiating to disallow that goal.

I didn't see the replay, was Bonucci offside?
William405
We need to close down on Pijanic. He is by far their most dangerous weapon.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 22 2016, 09:32 PM) *
I didn't see the replay, was Bonucci offside?

Benatia, I think.
d'Arc.LP
The officials were right to disallow that goal. Even if Juves player didnt touch the ball, he blocked or affected Donnarummas view which means that he influenced in the game.

Locatelli showed that he is a little green for these type of games but he as not as bad as people thought he would be. He made 2 wrong passes but continued to play well, even though he and Kucka should be more active in trying to close Pjanic down.

The player that impressed me tonight in this first half was De Sciglio, he was much more physical and got stuck in the battles with Juves players, a thing that we were not used to see. Personally he and Paletta were our best players, while Abate, Niang and Locatelli should be getting a pep talk by Montella.
d'Arc.LP
LOCATELLIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!! WOW
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 22 2016, 10:12 PM) *
LOCATELLIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!! WOW

Great goal too
d'Arc.LP
If Juve had Pogba, we have M.Locatelli biggrin.gif
d'Arc.LP
DONNARUMMAAAAAA saves!

FT: Milan 1-0 Juventus

Locatelli Man of the match !
Forza Milan!
FT and 3 points !!!
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 22 2016, 04:04 AM) *
I'll be there wink.gif

Mishie man, I envy you. You must be having a great time mate. king.gif
kurtsimonw
That Locatelli goal and Donnarumma save. wub.gif
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 22 2016, 11:48 PM) *

Yes. king.gif
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 22 2016, 10:48 PM) *

Donna had a few key saves, I could argue he could be MotM. OTOH, Locatelli's goal was truly outstanding and I believe he had a good game in general.
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 22 2016, 08:42 PM) *
The officials were right to disallow that goal. Even if Juves player didnt touch the ball, he blocked or affected Donnarummas view which means that he influenced in the game.

Locatelli showed that he is a little green for these type of games but he as not as bad as people thought he would be. He made 2 wrong passes but continued to play well, even though he and Kucka should be more active in trying to close Pjanic down.

The player that impressed me tonight in this first half was De Sciglio, he was much more physical and got stuck in the battles with Juves players, a thing that we were not used to see. Personally he and Paletta were our best players, while Abate, Niang and Locatelli should be getting a pep talk by Montella.

Nope, you're wrong. It was a regular goal because Bonucci wasn't offside. Only Benatia was, and he didn't make any attempt to touch the ball. We were lucky this time, but then again I think of the Muntari goal 4 years ago and I don't give a crap. biggrin.gif

Also, am I the only one who thinks Locatelli is pretty bad? Yes, he's made two spectacular goals thus far, but tonight, man, he lost so many dangerous balls! I cringed every time he had the ball.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 23 2016, 12:21 AM) *
Nope, you're wrong. It was a regular goal because Bonucci wasn't offside. Only Benatia was, and he didn't make any attempt to touch the ball. We were lucky this time, but then again I think of the Muntari goal 4 years ago and I don't give a crap. biggrin.gif

Also, am I the only one who thinks Locatelli is pretty bad? Yes, he's made two spectacular goals thus far, but tonight, man, he lost so many dangerous balls! I cringed every time he had the ball.

I thought he was offside too, thanks.

Yes he made 2 errors, but after that he was better than good. I strongly disagree with you XOff.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 23 2016, 12:21 AM) *

Yeah, that is what I thought of the offside. We were lucky..it happens. Juventus weren't as dominant as usual.

Locatelli obviously still needs more time. He will commit errors as expected. Just think that he was just thrown in the fire at 18 years old..He's shown that he has a tough mentality, and that is very important. The reading of the game and experience will come sooner or later.
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 22 2016, 10:23 PM) *
Yes he made 2 errors, but after that he was better than good. I strongly disagree with you XOff.

QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 22 2016, 10:26 PM) *
Locatelli obviously still needs more time. He will commit errors as expected. Just think that he was just thrown in the fire at 18 years old..He's shown that he has a tough mentality, and that is very important. The reading of the game and experience will come sooner or later.

Make what you want of it, but he doesn't inspire me that much. Maybe he will grow with time, but sometimes talent is evident at an early age, and the only talent Locatelli has displayed thus far, for me, is two great goals from distance.
X-Offender
Btw, maybe I wasn't paying that much attention, but where we by any chance playing 4-2-3-1 tonight?
Fillipo Simone
I don't think so.

But why not a jubilant mood for a bit? Let's forget about the negative aspects (I thought Bonucci was offside as well) for tonight and speak about it tomorrow morning.
Fillipo Simone
Hell, we won! Feels like this didn't happen in decades!
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 22 2016, 11:37 PM) *
I don't think so.

But why not a jubilant mood for a bit? Let's forget about the negative aspects (I thought Bonucci was offside as well) for tonight and speak about it tomorrow morning.

Indeed. We beat Juve !!! (Not the result I expected going into the game, so I am more than happy. Let's leave the criticism for tomorrow smile.gif)
Rossoneri7
Last Milan Juve for B&G at San Siro. They wanted to build a young team and that is what they delivered tonight; a young team and all their doing king.gif

The goal was spectacular from a young player who is showing maturity. Games like this will bring out the best in these players, kinda like the future of Italy's NT could very well be madeup of Milan first team players.

Too early to talk about Scudetto, but The team is looking good to win a CL spot.

d'Arc.LP
Ventura was in the stands watching the game and he must have liked what he saw from the Italian players. If we take only the recent form into consideration I think Paletta should be invited into NT too.
Forza Milan!
Now that the day is officially over (even in California) ...

Real happy for the win, but I think we got a little lucky. Juve seemed a little lost once Djbala had to drop out, Higuain was not really there, and the consensus is that Juve got robbed of a goal (which would have changed the dynamics of the game). Bottom line, I am under no delusion that we can challenge for the scudetto with this team. OTOH, we played decently, and if we can stay near the top of the table until the Winter break and get a few decent players in the transfer window, I think we have a shot at CL. And, luck or no luck, we beat Juve !!!

As for the criticism for Manuel, please keep in mind that he is still rather young. All considered, I think he did his part, and his goal was truly outstanding. Kudos to Montella for supporting our youth (good to finally see that happen).
d'Arc.LP
Sky Italia: Poli will likely start as the right-back tomorrow ahead of Abate.

Honda and Sosa could start against Genoa. #SpazioMilan

Donnarumma; Poli, Paletta, Romagnoli, DeSciglio; Kucka, Locatelli, Bonaventura; Honda, Bacca, Niang; #SKY

Probable line-up vs Genoa according to Mediaset:
Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Poli, Locatelli, Bonaventura; Honda, Bacca, Niang.

milanbuf88
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 24 2016, 12:30 PM) *
Sky Italia: Poli will likely start as the right-back tomorrow ahead of Abate.

Honda and Sosa could start against Genoa. #SpazioMilan

Donnarumma; Poli, Paletta, Romagnoli, DeSciglio; Kucka, Locatelli, Bonaventura; Honda, Bacca, Niang; #SKY

Probable line-up vs Genoa according to Mediaset:
Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Poli, Locatelli, Bonaventura; Honda, Bacca, Niang.

Is Calabria injured?
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Oct 25 2016, 01:52 AM) *
Is Calabria injured?

I read that he is not ready for this game.

BTW, today is matchday, will any mod open Genoa topic ?
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Oct 25 2016, 12:21 PM) *
I read that he is not ready for this game.

BTW, today is matchday, will any mod open Genoa topic ?

Just did d'Arc. I'll also be writing up han for dereliction of duty.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 25 2016, 10:23 AM) *
Just did d'Arc. I'll also be writing up han for dereliction of duty.

Thanks. No need to do that, I just wanted to post some news regarding the match today biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Ok. If you say so. But han...

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Oct 23 2016, 10:12 AM) *
Now that the day is officially over (even in California) ...

Real happy for the win, but I think we got a little lucky. Juve seemed a little lost once Djbala had to drop out, Higuain was not really there, and the consensus is that Juve got robbed of a goal (which would have changed the dynamics of the game). Bottom line, I am under no delusion that we can challenge for the scudetto with this team. OTOH, we played decently, and if we can stay near the top of the table until the Winter break and get a few decent players in the transfer window, I think we have a shot at CL. And, luck or no luck, we beat Juve !!!

As for the criticism for Manuel, please keep in mind that he is still rather young. All considered, I think he did his part, and his goal was truly outstanding. Kudos to Montella for supporting our youth (good to finally see that happen).

Not sure about Locatelli. I admit that when it comes to assessing young midfielders I'll always have some trouble. I don't see much of him other then the two goals and solid defensive work, but we should give him the chance and wait and see if his more confidence and attention will bring up his A-game.

As for Milan, surely, it was a lucky win. But we've been so far from even a lucky win (apart from that Coppa final) against Juventus that I really don't mind. Strong teams (mentally and result-wise) are forged under such games, just remember how Juve stole us points with that phantom goal years ago in their making.

I'm still not convinced Pjanić scored a regular goal. Wasn't Bonucci offside, no? Other then that, we were pretty much even. Juventus were huffing and puffing, but Khedira isn't Pogba to drive the team constantly forward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.