Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 2 - Napoli - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Our first real test. Let's see how we'll be able to cope.
Jack Sparrow
A draw please! sleep.gif
d'Arc.LP
Considering that Napoli lost their last game and they dont have Higuain, I dont think a win is impossible if we play like we played in 75 minutes against Torino.
Jack Sparrow
Napoli are slow starters, so a draw is possible. But we're away so I think a win is a stretch.
d'Arc.LP
So, do you guys see Sosa starting or not ?
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 25 2016, 09:17 AM) *
Considering that Napoli lost their last game and they dont have Higuain, I dont think a win is impossible if we play like we played in 75 minutes against Torino.

They didn't lose.

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 25 2016, 10:39 AM) *
So, do you guys see Sosa starting or not ?

His agent said no.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2016, 01:03 PM) *
They didn't lose.

His agent said no.

I have mistaken them for Inter, they drawed right ?
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 25 2016, 11:22 AM) *
I have mistaken them for Inter, they drawed right ?

Yes.
d'Arc.LP
GdS: Probable lineups for Napoli vs Milan.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=5852FF38
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 26 2016, 08:50 AM) *
GdS: Probable lineups for Napoli vs Milan.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=5852FF38

We'll at least get to see what Gomez can do. Hopefully it's not too big a game to push him into considering he's barely had a few weeks to train with the rest of the team and he's coming from S. America, so this could be a too big a step for him right now.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 26 2016, 11:05 AM) *
We'll at least get to see what Gomez can do. Hopefully it's not too big a game to push him into considering he's barely had a few weeks to train with the rest of the team and he's coming from S. America, so this could be a too big a step for him right now.

I dont know why, but I have a feeling that he is better than we expect from him.
d'Arc.LP
Called up players vs Napoli:
GKs: Donnarumma (99), Gabriel (22), Diego Lopez (1).
Defenders: Abate (20), Antonelli (31), Calabria (96), De Sciglio (2), Ely (93), Gomez (15), Romagnoli (13), Vangioni (21).
Midfielders: Bonaventura (5), Honda (10), Mauri (4), Kucka (33), Locatelli (73), Montolivo (18), Sosa (23).
Attackers: Bacca (70), Lapadula (9), Luiz Adriano (7), Niang (11), Suso (8).

I would go with a formation like this:

---------------------------Donnarumma
---Abate ------- G. Gomez --------- Romagnoli -------- De Sciglio
------------Sosa ----------- Kucka ----------- Bonaventura
--------Suso---------------------------------------Niang
----------------------------Bacca

And on the second half, depending on the result I would go with a formation like this one (if we are loosing):

-----------------Montolivo ----------- Kucka
--------Niang---------------------------------------Bonnaventura
----------------------- Bacca ------- Lapadula

And on the second half, depending on the result I would go with a formation like this one (if we are winning):

--------Montolivo ----------- Kucka ----------- Bonaventura
-------------------------------Sosa
--------------------------------------- Niang
---------------------------- Bacca
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 26 2016, 11:45 AM) *
I dont know why, but I have a feeling that he is better than we expect from him.

At this point, he's all we got, so I hope your feeling is right.
TheOgre
I realize it's a bit early, but I will need a stream if anyone has one. Cheers.
William405
Napoli: Reina, Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Allan, Jorginho, Hamsik; Callejon, Milik, Mertens

Napoli bench: Rafael, Sepe, Strinic, Valdifiori, Maggio, Zielinski, Chiriches, Gabbiadini, L Insigne, Grassi, R Insigne, Laciski

Milan: Donnarumma; Abate, Gomez, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang

Milan bench: Diego Lopez, Gabriel, Vangioni, Antonelli, Ely, Calabria, Jose Mauri, Honda, Locatelli, Sosa, Luiz Adriano, Lapadula
William405
I don't see anything special in this Napoli. I feel we can suprise them with our dynamism. Let's see!
Fillipo Simone
Agreed. Other then maybe Hamšik, no special player or quality in this side.
maldini03
I like Allan and their wings are always dangerous. Their midfield is much better than ours but Bacca has started in deadly form hope we can keep it going.
TheOgre
Any find a stream?
William405
Nooooo.almost Abate!
William405
Suso tearing it up.
TheOgre
QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 27 2016, 01:58 PM) *

Cheers
William405
1-0 Napoli. sad.gif
William405
2-0
maldini03
Not good from us out there, we looked good early but we are completely overmatched in midfield
Fillipo Simone
I think it's save to say that Montolivo is a finished player. He's nothing more to offer, his occasional good long ball is all what he can positively add to the team. Other then that, he's loosing the ball way too much, he's slow and lacks stamina. IMO at this point it's better to field a working midfield against stronger opponents then the calamity Monto presents.

Other then that, I think we should also drop the 4-3-3. As I said earlier on, but no one seemed to listen: we don't have the proper wingers to apply such a system. Look at Mertens, he's a solid player who can do the basic winger stuff: create danger from the flanks, with shots or crosses. Niang and Suso look like they're unable to the basics. M'Baye is at least trying, while at this point Suso looks more and more like Serie B material. It's not that Napoli have an atomic midfield that accelerates their wings. It's easy, like 1-2-3.
d'Arc.LP
NIAAAAAAAAANG !!!!
TheOgre
Great goal Niang!
d'Arc.LP
WHAT A GOAL SUUUUUUSOOOOO WOW WOW WOW 2-2
TheOgre
SUSO! wow what a quick turnaround!
TheOgre
Zero help for Donna
TheOgre
Weak foul call to give Kucka the red
maldini03
Clear penalty not given and two reds, Valeri is not having a good game here. Niang was stupid there but he gave away yellows in the first half like candy.
d'Arc.LP
Very stupid from Kucka and Niang there. Niang did well before being sent off, but I think he should be given a talking to by the coach, while Kucka I think should not be left to play again, like Paletta he left the team down when we needed all the players in the field.
han2503
I just tuned in because I went out tonight so I missed the game. But how undisciplined can these players be FFS???

3 red cards in 2 games??! Just ridiculous!
maldini03
Still though the ref has been tossing yellows around like crazy against us. The Niang one is inexcusible but that Kucka red was soft.
maldini03
But he did let Romag off on that one which was a clear red. So I guess we can't complain too much
Fillipo Simone
Romagnoli should have been sent out as well. What a stupid thing to do.

Very bad showing all in all.
d'Arc.LP
A match to forget.
X-Offender
Didn't watch but it's so disappointing after equalizing from 2-0 down. sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Aug 27 2016, 11:40 PM) *
Clear penalty not given and two reds, Valeri is not having a good game here. Niang was stupid there but he gave away yellows in the first half like candy.

He gave away yellows?? Did you really watch the game man? Kucka and Niang both very begging for a yellow in the first half but Valeri let them off for a while. Niang especially. The first half ended with what, one or two yellow cards tops?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 27 2016, 11:46 PM) *
Didn't watch but it's so disappointing after equalizing from 2-0 down. sad.gif

Our defense is a mess, while the midfield is too lazy. Players like Kucka, Monto and Suso depend on being slapped/woken up way too much.
han2503
Well that last goal was expected with 9 on the field. I didn't watch the game so I can't comment but it's clear from the comments here that once again our midfield was run over and we were made to pay.

That midfield simply is not good enough and even more so, it's turning into a liability for us.

Had we signed a proper regista we could be in business this season but it looks like it's going to be a repeat of last. Montella will simply have to put aside some of his footballing philosophy, because that's simply not going to work with this lot.

We need to have a compact midfield capable of helping out the defence. Monto has lost his legs, he should be sitting on the bench at this point. We should try switching to a 4-2-3-1 and have that double pivot sit back more.

Aside from that, how was Gomez?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 27 2016, 09:49 PM) *
Our defense is a mess, while the midfield is too lazy. Players like Kucka, Monto and Suso depend on being slapped/woken up way too much.

Suso too? From what I read he made the assist and scored a superb goal.
d'Arc.LP
Donnarumma clearly was our best player there, he had nothing more to do.

As for Gomez, he did decently considering he debuted against Napoli, but I could see he didnt handle pressure very well.

Romagnoli, what to say, I think he thinks he is better than he actually is, he is behaving like he is Silva while he is still a baby. He has lots of potential, but he didnt show it tonight, also I saw that he was very prone to discussing with the referee and other players.

As for Abate and De Sciglio, quite similar, nothing much noted, they failed to penetrate Napolis full backs, while they were ***** by Mertens, especially Abate.

Montolivo for me is a finished player, I started counting his mistakes in the first quarter of the game and when I counted 3 i stopped watching him play anymore. Once upon a time, he at least provided some good passes for the front players, while now he is not doing even that.

Kucka is a stupid player with a great heart, he could have become a good soldier but not a football player. If he continues to make such foolish mistakes, I dont know if we should depend on him.

Bonaventura is nothing comparing to his 2 previous seasons. It is maybe because of his new position in the field, but he is failing to provide what we were expecting from him.

As for Niang and Suso, they were really good, scoring two great goals. But while the childish Niang was to busy trying to get a red card Suso wasted his stamina quite early in the game and became unoticable.

Bacca is a player that cant turn a game on his own, if he doesnt have asissts he wont deliver, that is quite undertandable. His performance today summarizes teams performance.

While Sosa and Lapadula didnt contribute as much to the game due to the lack of time for them, Calabria even though went in together with Sosa was quite active and delivered a nice cross for Niang and also ran quite much in defence.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 27 2016, 11:51 PM) *
Suso too? From what I read he made the assist and scored a superb goal.

He sleepwalked all over first half with one horrible shot and nothing else. Then he scored that stunner (don't know about the assist, the first goal was all Niang without any help IMO), but soon he switched off again. Two very different halftimes.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 27 2016, 11:50 PM) *
Aside from that, how was Gomez?

If you ask me, inadequate.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 27 2016, 09:58 PM) *
If you ask me, inadequate.

Hmm, but is that because it was a big game he was pushed into, playing for the first time next to Romagnoli and in a new league at that. Did he at least show some promise that he could work his way into the team or was it a complete let down?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2016, 12:04 AM) *
Hmm, but is that because it was a big game he was pushed into, playing for the first time next to Romagnoli and in a new league at that. Did he at least show some promise that he could work his way into the team or was it a complete let down?

It's hard to tell. He seemed solid but maid those typically southamerican defender errors; details like corner defending, closing down attacking wings, handling his position vis a vis the attacking players, etc. He wasn't terrible or something like that, but rather shy and still very much unadapted I'd say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.