Full Version: All Talk of Serie A Matches Here
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
A must win if we want to stay in 6th...
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2016, 10:35 PM) *
A must win if we want to stay in 6th...

Just out of curiosity , is 6th place really that much of importance ?

han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 1 2016, 08:55 AM) *
Just out of curiosity , is 6th place really that much of importance ?

I personally think it's important that we get our feet back into European football even if it is in the second rate competition. Why? Because we've been out in the wilderness too long and the longer we do spend outside the harder it will be

And IF major investment is truly coming our way it will be a good step forward for us to be in the EL
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 12:42 PM) *
I personally think it's important that we get our feet back into European football even if it is in the second rate competition. Why? Because we've been out in the wilderness too long and the longer we do spend outside the harder it will be

And IF major investment is truly coming our way it will be a good step forward for us to be in the EL

I didnt know 6th place was an E.L. spot , my bad ...
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 1 2016, 11:22 AM) *
I didnt know 6th place was an E.L. spot , my bad ...

It's not, but since Juve are already in the CL and they made it to the Coppa final, the EL spot awarded to the Domestic Cup winner will be given to the highest placed team out of the European positions (6th) thus if we lose the Coppa final (which let's face it, is very highly likely) then we can only get into the EL through 6th place
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 01:28 PM) *
It's not, but since Juve are already in the CL and they made it to the Coppa final, the EL spot awarded to the Domestic Cup winner will be given to the highest placed team out of the European positions (6th) thus if we lose the Coppa final (which let's face it, is very highly likely) then we can only get into the EL through 6th place

Well explained, thank you cool.gif

I can only envy Juve , went to Serie B and are still flying high. It's obvious they don't have a senile management like we do.

I like it how the core of Juve is Italian , management wise. Even if we get some foreign investment or even ownership, I believe we sell our soul if we haven't lost it yet.
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 1 2016, 11:38 AM) *
Well explained, thank you cool.gif

I can only envy Juve , went to Serie B and are still flying high. It's obvious they don't have a senile management like we do.

I like it how the core of Juve is Italian , management wise. Even if we get some foreign investment or even ownership, I believe we sell our soul if we haven't lost it yet.

Problem is that Italian players good enough to build a team around aren't as abundant as they once were. Sure Chiellini and Buffon are really great but they're not exactly spring chickens. Bonucci imo is a liability at times especially when he's not in the comfort zone of the Juve set-up which shields him a lot, and it's why he's less than stellar for the NT. Marchisio is also great but atm there aren't really any Italian mids outside of him and Verratti that I would say we should totally get and build around.
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 03:10 PM) *
Problem is that Italian players good enough to build a team around aren't as abundant as they once were. Sure Chiellini and Buffon are really great but they're not exactly spring chickens. Bonucci imo is a liability at times especially when he's not in the comfort zone of the Juve set-up which shields him a lot, and it's why he's less than stellar for the NT. Marchisio is also great but atm there aren't really any Italian mids outside of him and Verratti that I would say we should totally get and build around.

True , but at least Juve still has that core. It's getting older but I do believe they have the professionalism to replace them. Plus , their management is pro Juve , while ours seems to be pro bank accounts. Sign some cheap or free players. I get it , it's a tough world , but this downfall could have been avoided . I'm not saying we should've been top of the world , but the state Milan is in now really flirts with the bottom I have ever seem them at.

I believe Milan lost their Dna or Identity , I just don't recognize them anymore. I have been supporting Milan since the Van basten days and during that period we had some lesser seasons , butter neven to the extend of being absolutely horrible. If we didn't had a good coach , we still had the funds or good players. If we didn't have good players , we had a good coach or funds. Now we have nothing. No players , no money , no coach and no management. This is getting out of hand and I believe the seasons couldn't end sooner.

han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 1 2016, 01:28 PM) *
True , but at least Juve still has that core. It's getting older but I do believe they have the professionalism to replace them. Plus , their management is pro Juve , while ours seems to be pro bank accounts. Sign some cheap or free players. I get it , it's a tough world , but this downfall could have been avoided . I'm not saying we should've been top of the world , but the state Milan is in now really flirts with the bottom I have ever seem them at.

I believe Milan lost their Dna or Identity , I just don't recognize them anymore. I have been supporting Milan since the Van basten days and during that period we had some lesser seasons , butter neven to the extend of being absolutely horrible. If we didn't had a good coach , we still had the funds or good players. If we didn't have good players , we had a good coach or funds. Now we have nothing. No players , no money , no coach and no management. This is getting out of hand and I believe the seasons couldn't end sooner.

Agreed

Lol, left the room for 2 seconds and we concede rolleyes.gif

This Brocchi thing has sent us a million steps backwards
Fillipo Simone
As I said, this is for the greater good. Surely Brocchi won't be picked as a new coach. Also, Milan has been rattled up pretty good lately. The small shareholders want Galliani's head, and it looks like they could do something real about it.

This summer must be the place and time where Milan steps forward and makes the transition away from Galliani and Berlusconi. If not, we can only expect things to get worse.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 1 2016, 02:59 PM) *
As I said, this is for the greater good. Surely Brocchi won't be picked as a new coach. Also, Milan has been rattled up pretty good lately. The small shareholders want Galliani's head, and it looks like they could do something real about it.

This summer must be the place and time where Milan steps forward and makes the transition away from Galliani and Berlusconi. If not, we can only expect things to get worse.

Losing 6th this season won't do much good for us imo
han2503
Brocchi absolutely has no idea wtf he's doing btw, we look a bigger mess than we were under Pippo
Fillipo Simone
But in all fairness, the whole entity is a mess. Brocchi is a rookie who got thrown into the fire. And this match is a perfect example. Frosinone has luck on their side, Donna making first big mistakes and all. Really unlucky today.
maldini03
Please tell meveryone again how good of a defender you think Alex is, two of the goals today fall directly on him. This isn't the first time either, he is Zapata level. One game excellent the next he looks like he belongs in Serie B. His aerial ability is always good and he can score from corners but I would trade those traits for someone with positional sense and quickness.

Edit: this is not to say that I don't appreciate his contribution this season or that I think there is anyone on the bench who is better. But just think of where we would be with out Romagnoli, he is head and shoulders above everyone else we have.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 1 2016, 03:20 PM) *
But in all fairness, the whole entity is a mess. Brocchi is a rookie who got thrown into the fire. And this match is a perfect example. Frosinone has luck on their side, Donna making first big mistakes and all. Really unlucky today.

That is why Miha should have never been fired, Allegri and Pippo made much bigger fouls and were given much more time
Rossoneri7
Wow! This is too much to bear.

Hope the club gets sold at this point, seeing as if the season ends like this, we could spiral fast.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 03:02 PM) *
Brocchi absolutely has no idea wtf he's doing btw, we look a bigger mess than we were under Pippo

Did you expect otherwise?
d'Arc.LP
3-3, 5 minutes left.
d'Arc.LP
Is it just me watching to few Milan games this season or Bacca really has a thing for complicating things at decisive moments ?
X-Offender
Man, I feel bad about Frosinone. They're fighting for relegation, these 3 points were vital for them.
d'Arc.LP
OMG ! Balotelli hits the post. Wow, that was intense.

FT 3-3
X-Offender
Btw, Sassuolo are two points ahead now. laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 1 2016, 03:56 PM) *
Is it just me watching to few Milan games this season or Bacca really has a thing for complicating things at decisive moments ?

Yep, noticed that as well. Especially when he gets into position where his left foot would be the obvious choice to shoot with but does a rabona with his right instead
han2503
btw, Sassuolo won so we lost 6th place today
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2016, 06:00 PM) *
Btw, Sassuolo are two points ahead now. laugh.gif

One point bro. I cant believe Milan is competing for 6th place.

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 06:00 PM) *
Yep, noticed that as well. Especially when he get's into position where his left foot would be the obvious choice to shoot with but does a rabona with his right instead

Exactly.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 04:00 PM) *
Yep, noticed that as well. Especially when he gets into position where his left foot would be the obvious choice to shoot with but does a rabona with his right instead

Apparently he sucks with his left foot, which is no justification anyway.

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 1 2016, 04:04 PM) *
One point bro. I cant believe Milan is competing for 6th place.

Right.
han2503
Thought we should just keep match talk here aside from the Coppa final since there's no real point in opening match threads when there's barely any discussion going on
Fillipo Simone
Sadly, yes.
Nova
Just tuned in
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 7 2016, 07:53 PM) *
Just tuned in

Sent you a PM
han2503
My my... Labouring against 10-men Bologna...

And Silvio wants to have us believing that we've improved under Brocchi... We've taken a million steps back and only the man who can never admit to being wrong wouldn't be able to see that
Nova
Lets see if we can win against 10 men
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 7 2016, 08:22 PM) *
Lets see if we can win against 10 men

We can barely create any clear cut chances...
han2503
Great work from Adrino to get the penalty

It seems this is the only way we're able to get points now
Nova
Nothing to be proud of . De Sciglio in an argument with Montolivo now
han2503
Mexes can play a forward ball better than all our mids combined rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
Mauri and Honda is a disaster.
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 7 2016, 08:31 PM) *
Nothing to be proud of . De Sciglio in an argument with Montolivo now

This team is broken, I really don't see anything that can be done this summer under this management that can be of help
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 7 2016, 10:36 PM) *
This team is broken, I really don't see anything that can be done this summer under this management that can be of help

Reading that Silvio thinks Milan is playing better under Brocchi , I have the feeling not much will be done ...
Nova
Unbelievable... Bologna pressing now
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ May 7 2016, 09:13 PM) *
Unbelievable... Bologna pressing now

Yep, we really do not deserve to be winning.

While having the numerical advantage we've been the second best side on the pitch for the majority of the game. Just embarrassing at this point
han2503
And bologna get another kick in the teeth
Fillipo Simone
Three points won. Let's try to regain the 6th spot.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 7 2016, 09:41 PM) *
Three points won. Let's try to regain the 6th spot.

It all depends on Sassuolo now that we've put ourselves in this position.

And Y'all thought I was a debby downer just a few weeks ago when I was worrying about losing 6th...
X-Offender
Last match is against Roma who are fighting for 2nd spot.
Fillipo Simone
Exciting at least.
X-Offender
Sassuolo currently winning 1-0 against Frosinone with 5 minutes to go. Next week they're playing Inter at home, which they'll most probably win.

We literally fucked ourselves over, didn't we?
Fillipo Simone
Ah well,...

Let's wait and see the outcome. Winning Inter isn't that easy either, and we still have the Cup final left.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 8 2016, 01:47 PM) *
Last match is against Roma who are fighting for 2nd spot.

Inter have nothing to play for as 4th is a sure thing for them so I can see them rolling over as a literal f u to us...

We'll see but I can't see us getting any points against Roma anyway considering the way we've played under Brocchi which has hit new levels of low which are worse than anything we say under Allegri or Pippo. We were struggling to get into a game against 10-man Bologna for crying out loud!!
CrazyMilanFan
we are done 2-0 down and inter is losing 3-1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.